Practice reports | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

figuristka

Medalist
Makes me miss those live competitons when you get to see practices too. Iam grateful for any video and info on practices. Especially Patrick,Dai and Yuzuru. Hoping they can remain on the podium even if not the same order.

rvi5

On the Ice
Her tweet was about 45 minutes ago. The ladies practice at the Budweiser Gardens rink was at 10:30am. I doubt she was stuck at the airport that many hours. They could drive to London in much less time (about 2.5 hours). She likely had no plans to attend the morning practice.

Perhaps she was hoping to attend the 6:30pm practice at the Western Fair rink, but missed it due to the plane problems. Although, even that practice would not have given her much time to settle in at her hotel if she is just flying in now. Perhaps she wasn't planning to attend any of todays practices?

starryxskies

On the Ice
Patrick was really on during practice today, Canadian ice is doing him well. (Half) standing O for him after he finished. Javier was really struggling throughout. Dai didn't land the 4T during the SP run through. I don't really remember details about Yuzu, sorry. I was kind of preoccupied filming him
Honestly, besides Patrick, none of the top men were really killing it.

Brian is in pretty good shape too, he ran through his FS instead. He practiced a lot of jumps. I'm really excited to see him skate this week

Kovtun seems like a nice guy, I feel bad for him that he's under all this hate because of his fed. He was one of the few guys that went straight to the crowd of girls to sign autographs after his practice.

momskate

Rinkside
Osmonds tweed said stuck in Toronto airport. Explains why she was not at the practice.
London is 1.30 min or so from Toronto. Could rent a car and drive instead of being stuck in Toronto. It's not like she is coming from Japan or Europe. I guess she didn't plan for practice, otherwise she would take time to arrive a day before to be all rested and prepared.

figuristka

Medalist
Just was reading the tweed from Osmond on GS.It was only mins old when i saw it. Of course i dont know if she planned practice or not. Just of course she couldnt have been there at that time. Last update she said finally in London.

Thankyou so much for the reports on Patrick starryxskies , so much appreciated. So glad he is doing well.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Patrick was really on during practice today, Canadian ice is doing him well. (Half) standing O for him after he finished. Javier was really struggling throughout. Dai didn't land the 4T during the SP run through. I don't really remember details about Yuzu, sorry. I was kind of preoccupied filming him

Brian is in pretty good shape too, he ran through his FS instead. He practiced a lot of jumps. I'm really excited to see him skate this week

Kovtun seems like a nice guy, I feel bad for him that he's under all this hate because of his fed. He was one of the few guys that went straight to the crowd of girls to sign autographs after his practice.

Are you there? :love: Thanks a lot for the report! Please please cheer for all skaters for the rest of GS members who can't attend the comp like myself!!! :yay:

starryxskies

On the Ice
Are you there? :love: Thanks a lot for the report! Please please cheer for all skaters for the rest of GS members who can't attend the comp like myself!!! :yay:

I was! Unfortunately I won't be there again until Friday for the Mens Free :( I had Monday practice tickets and where I am was a relatively close drive. I'm really happy I decided to attend the practices today! It's really fun seeing the skaters' "non serious" sides and which non top tier skater has the most followers. Tomas Verner had a cute group of fans screaming I love you Tomas all over the place haha it was really cute. Korea's Kim Jin Seo had a small number of korean girls screaming for him and making heart signs at him too.

glam

On the Ice
The lack of videos amazes me. There are lots of people in the audience and even a web stream for Canadians. :disapp:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Could anyone tell me how is Liza? What did she do on practice? Was she there at all?

I hope all the guys find their footing! Great to hear that Brian and Patrick are in good shape. I must be so out of it: why is Kovtun "under all this hate"? People hate the Russian federation? I'm sorry to hear that. I hope Kovtun feels welcome at Worlds (is it his first?) and gets recognition for his efforts. How nice that he went to sign autographs.