2013 Worlds-Mens SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds-Mens SP

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Zoltan Keleman--Thank god somebody has different and fun music rather than old warhorses. Even works with the goofy flowered shirt. Too bad about his mistakes, he's a fairly competent skater and I'm trying to figure out what top coach would do wonders for him....

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Viktor ROMANENKOV (EST)

Music: Tango Amore by Edvin Marton

3A
3Lz+3T - bit eeked out
FCSp
3F - did he just say "urghh!" when landing?
CSSp
StSq
CCoSp

Fistpump from both coach and student

SP: 37.08 + 28.25 = 65.22 (PB)
In 2nd (out of 15)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm enjoying the Dane. He's really keeping up the energy of this spirited music. Spins not so great though.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
If I remember correctly, he was on the bubble re: minimum tech score. When they lowered the minimum, he cleared that hurdle.

And yes about Keleman. I thought, wow--he actually looks like he would be a really good, fun dancer. Really good program for him. As you said, too bad about the mistakes.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Justus STRID (DEN)

Music: Pinball Cha Cha by Senor Coconut

3A - turnout
3F+3T
3Lz
CCSp - catchfoot not held long enough?
StSq - good attack
FSSp
CCoSp

Coaches hug, Strid seems a bit more reserved (but relieved). Strongest jump layout I've seen from him, but weak spins, prob lost some levels.

SP: 34.42 + 28.83 = 63.25 (PB)
In 4th (out of 16)

He's qualified for the FS for the first time.

Romanenkov got really overmarked on the PCS. His basics are terrible and so was the program.

Strid did really well on the jumps! Shame about the spins. Fun performance.

Martin Johansson is just sooo hot!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yay Justus, 4th place. Think the audience liked his performance too :) He and his coaches are just acting so wow happily.

Cieplucha won't qualify again. :(

I think he should have edged Godorozha out, based on the PCS. Oh well at least he'll know that he did his best.

What are you all seeing in Kelemen? His basics are poor and the choreography was lackluster. Meh.

Does anyone know if the French federation had a specific reason for not sending Besseghier to Worlds?

Incompetence.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
God, I hate the German Eurosport Guys. They just said that Kozuka was better than Daisuke at Japanese Nationals and that Takahashi is only at Worlds instead of Kozuka, because he has a "former World Champion" bonus. Aargh.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'm not saying Kelemen had a great performance, but he moves like someone who can dance. And it was just fun, a nice change of pace. Sometimes that turns out to be more memorable than someone with better skating skills and choreography.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexander MAJOROV (SWE)

Music: Ray's Blues by Dave Grusin

3Lz+3T
3A - turnout
CCoSp
3F - stepout
FCSp
StSq
CSSp

SP: 36.69 + 31.63 = 68.32
In 1st (out of 17)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Watching Majorov really makes me miss Adrian S and Kristoffer B all that much more.
I was going to write the same thing!!!Andrian may compete next season.
And by the end of night I ll miss Abott and Kozuka too. I dont believe they are not at Worlds.