2013 Worlds-Mens SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds-Mens SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ziggy apparently your comment got a shoutout on Twitter. (Not endorsing it just observing):

andrea_087 4:46pm via Web

Max Aaron hater: Max's hunchback makes my eyes sore. Someone responding: Use eyedrops. <<Hah! You better have BURN HEAL. #FSWorlds13

PS the girl is the websmaster for Max Aaron's website.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Can Kovtun and Song hold onto 10th in the end??? Hope they do. Cause they need to earn thier own spot for the Olympics.

So pointing out a very obvious and glaring flaw in somebody's skating makes you 'a hater' now? Only if you live in magic rainbow fairy unicorn land.

Can Kovtun and Song hold onto 10th in the end??? Hope they do. Cause they need to earn thier own spot for the Olympics.

Slim chance.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Russia called. They want Majorov, Rogozine and Ge back.

D'you reckon they called Menshov yet? Even Gachinski might warrant a call after THAT.

Last edited:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It may seem like faint praise, but I actually enjoyed Max's skate better than I did at Nationals. I'm certain that winning there must have given him a confidence boost in his training and approach to this competition.

I actually liked Kovtun fine, the combination excepted, of course. What a terrible burden to place on such a young and relatively inexperienced skater. Someone is to blame for doing that... and it's not the boy.

Song executed his elements to the absolute minimum standard. Really poor; I'm surprised he's in 2nd.

Irina89

On the Ice
So I guess Russia won't get two spots for the next year..Does this mean Evgeni will have to go to a qualifying competition in the autumn, or the fact that Kovtun qualified for the long is enough? Btw, why do people dislike Kovtun so much...without the quad, Menshov score would have been the same....

So I guess Russia won't get two spots for the next year..Does this mean Evgeni will have to go to a qualifying competition in the autumn, or the fact that Kovtun qualified for the long is enough? Btw, why do people dislike Kovtun so much...without the quad, Menshov score would have been the same....

No, nobody will have to go to Nebelhorn as Russia has one host spot.

And I dislike Kovtun's skating because his movements are wooden and his programs are totally empty.

gmyers

Record Breaker
They have the host spot So a Russian man was always irrelevant here really for a spot. Kovtun was sent for two spots and with his epic meltdown in the sp it's impossible for 2 spots but Russia has one as host. If Russia was not hosting then nebelhorn would be needed or whatever the qualifying event was.

starryxskies

On the Ice
Russia already has a spot secured for Sochi.
I just feel so bad for Kovtun, but I mean... let's be real. We all knew this would happen. It was a risk Russian Fed wanted to take and with bigger risks come bigger disappointments

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
No, nobody will have to go to Nebelhorn as long as Kovtun earns at least one spot. This much he should be able to achieve.

And I dislike Kovtun's skating because his movements are wooden and his programs are totally empty.

Well, right now, it looks like Kovtun wouldn't make it assuming the next twelve skaters place higher than he. But doesn't Russia have a spot as the host anyway?

If Russia was not hosting then nebelhorn would be needed or whatever the qualifying event was.

It wouldn't be needed because Kovtun would surely be able to earn one spot at least, unless he totally imploded in the FS.

Russia already has a spot secured for Sochi.
I just feel so bad for Kovtun, but I mean... let's be real. We all knew this would happen. It was a risk Russian Fed wanted to take and with bigger risks come bigger disappointments

Yep, everybody knew this is what this was going to end like. Not like Menshov would have earned two spots either but at least he has earned his place here.

Well, right now, it looks like Kovtun wouldn't make it assuming the next twelve skaters place higher than he. But doesn't Russia have a spot as the host anyway?

Russia does have a host spot, yes. Totally forgot about that, edited that in now.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Kovtuns whole role here was for two spots and if this was for a non Russia Olympics kovtun wouldn't even qualify one but that's not true here.

Irina89

On the Ice
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this...but do you have any idea why is Gachinski doing so poorly? How is it possible for a skater to lose almost all his jumps in a few months?