2013 Worlds-Mens SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds-Mens SP

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
re: Kovtun

As soon as he tripled his quad, adding a combo was the right move, unless he thought very quickly with his lutz. Had he landed a solo 3T BEFORE a 3lz-3T combination, the combination is ENTIRELY discounted as he would do the element in two different jumping passes, and you can't do that in the short program (3T-3T is okay). That he only added a single jump means he gets -3 for the combination, of course, but better lose those points than two of the four jumps entirely. He could've added a double toe to his lutz, but I can't imagine thinking through something like that that quickly.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Misha GE (UZB)

Music: Farrucas by Pepe Romero; Flamenco by Thomas Espanner

3A - twofooted, perhaps UR
3F+3T
3Lz
CCSp
FSSp
CCoSp
StSq - great attack!

Solid skate, he seem satisfied. Almost exited w/ the flower girls, audience laughing.

SP: 33.95 + 34.50 = 68.45
In 3rd (out of 21)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Go Uzbekistan. Really enjoyed that performance, he really sold it. And went the wrong way out the rink.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Use eyedrops.
Unfortunately, unless he gets some outside input for artistry, posture, etc. I'm not sure this will change under King Zadrajek.

Rather, unless you can go back and unbreak his back, I think this may not change.

My tl;dr:

MAX KILLED IT, GOOD BOY!

Kovtun...well. First, #menshovwuzrobbed, and second, even Gachinski's total meltdown disaster of an SP last year scored higher than that. Bye bye, two spots for Russia. Happy now, Russian Fed?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I enjoyd Misha Ge. That's what's great with watching figure skating. I mean the 13 best are still to come :yay:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nan SONG (CHN)

Music: The Middle East Side from 46 Nihavent Longa Album
The Middle East Side from 47 Double Doom Drum Solo Album

4T - scratchy landing, held on
3A
CSSp
FCSp
3Lz+3T - eeked out, landed on toe but held on
StSq
CCoSp - travels at start

He really had to fight for some jump landing, but no very severe mistakes.

SP: 41.10 + 31.93 = 73.03
In 2nd (out of 22)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Well, Nan Song got through it, but it had its shaky moments. I'm not sure Han Yan wouldn't have done worse, under the pressure of running with the big guns.