2013 Worlds-Mens SP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds-Mens SP

Art&Sport

Medalist
And Hanyu is still gonna score ahead of Max Aaron, natch. Well, oops, I wrote that after Hanyu's first mistake, so yeah he's behind and should be. What a sport (not art).

IMHO, neither Brezina, Joubert nor Reynolds have got much of anything over Max Aaron in terms of PCS. Where are they better truthfully -- none of them is really musical or interpretive, and Brezina's program lacked choreo big time. Giving Joubert level 4 on his spins is a crime. I'm not sure whether this sport is eventually gonna just fade away from interest for me. I wish I could let go of my hard core thingy ever since childhood. Lots of years and hard to let go. If the scoring gets any worse, maybe I can drop it, or else just enjoy the skaters and not watch comps in real time.

Brian O said Hanyu has work to do -- an understatement. Not a great feeling for Brian O with both his skaters making mistakes. Hanyu and Fernandez should be in Reynolds and Joubert positions.

starryxskies

On the Ice
I'm almost certain this Men's SP is a dream. These results cannot be real life. Someone other than Reynolds, please win SP. I don't think he really deserved that low of a score... =/ What's going on?

Ambivalent

On the Ice
If Yuzuru skates like he can in the LP, I think he's still in for a medal. 75.94 isn't half bad. If he does a 177 LP like at GPF, that'll be competitive.

It's almost hard to fathom but he is still 18. His time will come.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
And Hanyu is still gonna score ahead of Max Aaron, natch. Well, oops, I wrote that after Hanyu's first mistake, so yeah he's behind and should be. What a sport (not art).

IMHO, neither Brezina, Joubert nor Reynolds have got much of anything over Max Aaron in terms of PCS. Where are they better truthfully -- none of them is really musical or interpretive, and Brezina's program lacked choreo big time. Giving Joubert level 4 on his spins is a crime. I'm not sure whether this sport is eventually gonna just fade away from interest for me. I wish I could let go of my hard core thingy ever since childhood. Lots of years and hard to let go. If the scoring gets any worse, maybe I can drop it, or else just enjoy the skaters and not watch comps in real time.

Brian O said Hanyu has work to do -- an understatement. Not a great feeling for Brian O with both his skaters making mistakes. Hanyu and Fernandez should be in Reynolds and Joubert positions.

I'd be interested in hearing you fully explain your position, because right now it just seems that dem foreigners aren't as good as Americans, something you depict time and time again.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I like Denis Ten's music so far. :)

ETA: It's nice to see Frank and Lori standing next to each other again. That is Lori, right?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Denis TEN (KAZ)

Music: The Artist Overture (from "The Artist" soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource
Waltz for Peppy (from "The Artist" soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource
The Sound of Tears (from "The Artist" soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource
L'ombre des larmes (from "The Artist" soundtrack) by Ludovic Bource

4T
3A
FSSp
CCSp
3F+3T
StSq
CCoSp

Great skate, who would have thought?! Nice to see... finally. Let's hope the rest skate the same way

SP: 50.81 + 40.75 = 91.56 (PB)
In 1st (out of 31)

Wow, very big score!

Art&Sport

Medalist
I'm almost certain this Men's SP is a dream. These results cannot be real life. Someone other than Reynolds, please win SP. I don't think he really deserved that low of a score... =/ What's going on?

I'm with you starrxskies. That's what tends to happen when people running a sport don't understand what the sport is truly all about. The judges base their scoring totally too much on quads.

Has Denis set things aright?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Woah, Denis brought it! Finally. He's struggled so much this season. Please let this be first!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Wow, Denis Ten might actually go into 1st place with that.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Thank you Denis!!! for saving the night.. That was a fantastic SP.

I know you're gonna bomb the LP on friday and drop like 10 places so Ill just cheer double for you tonight

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Best performance from Ten in years. The quad was fantastic.

OMG, 91.56.