Music: Elegie in E-Flat Minor by Sergei Rachmaninov

4T+3T
3A
CCSp
3Lz
FSSp
StSq
CCoSp

Wow, he really delivered. Standing Ovation!!!
Is it 100+ ?

SP: 52.70 + 45.67 = 98.37 (PB)
In 1st (out of 33)

Art&Sport

Medalist
With his expected rivals faltering, funnily enough it opened the door for of all people, Patrick Chan. He's skating in home country and the scores will go even further thru the roof, heh, heh. Again, what a sport! But kudos to Pat after a kind of rough year, especially from his over-nervous, obsessive, Kathy Johnson-hating fans.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Stunning, stunning program by Chan. I just got completely lost in the program and forgot it was a competition. This should go in first.

icebeauty

On the Ice
WOW WOW WOW...i'm not Patrick's biggest fan...but there really is no one else like him when he skates clean...WOW

sweetskates1

Medalist
I have enjoyed PChan's sp somewhat for the first time ever. He actually deserves this one.... no inflation needed for 1st place.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
WOW WOW WOW...i'm not Patrick's biggest fan...but there really is no one else like him when he skates clean...WOW

Yeah, I'm not a big fan either, but I agree that was totally magical...he was like floating on ice.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
You know, many people (me included) have questioned Chan's choice of a dance teacher as a coach. But I have to say, I have never seen Chan skate with as much soul as he did this season, and never as much as he did in this SP just now. That was a heartfelt elegy, and yet he skated so well you can't help but be elated. It's a paradox, a stunning paradox.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Great Sp from Chan!WOw at the score, almost a 100!
I loved the reaction of Denis Ten , for someone not being scored in the 80s, the 90s must look too unreal. 50 in TES, that must have made the whole mens sp for me.
So it is Ten, Reynolds and Chan in top 3, who would have predicted this?Well of course except for Chan.
WHy Daisuke got so low score?

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
AAAAAAND he runs away with the SP! Daaaaaang!

I'm predicting SP scores (for any skater) of 100+ next year in Sochi.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Come on, I expected 95, not 98. I mean the main thing Chan did was eliminate the mistakes he's been making all season. Not much else, except his artistry has been better all season.