2013 Worlds-Mens SP | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds-Mens SP

FTnoona

Final Flight
Holy crap, Japan might seriously end up with only 2 spots next year. They're already at 13 going into the free. The Japanese men peaked too early.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Patrick is good to have tacked on that 3T after the slightly shaky quad. Judges tend to award at least a +1 GOE for any 4+3 combo. What a stupendous short from him.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
If Olympics spots were decided tonight, these would have been the 24 spots:

CAN - 3
KAZ - 2
JPN - 3
FRA - 2
CZE - 2
ESP - 2
USA - 2
CHN - 1
GER - 1
UZB - 1
SWE - 1
RUS - 1
EST - 1
AUT - 1
DEN - 1

starryxskies

On the Ice
Who would like to start the thread for "Congrats Patrick on your third title" ...SERIOUSLY. Tonight has been unbelievable. I'm still trying to digest everything.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Jeffrey Buttle ‏@J_Butt
I'm shaking! @Pchiddy just left me speechless. Wow!
6:41 PM - Mar 13, 2013​

artsciboy

On the Ice
Chan was jawdroppingly good - finally!!!

So happy for Ten - I hope he pulls off a good skate in the FS. If he wins a medal, I would view that as the feel good win of this competition.

I like Reynolds' SP, so I'm ok with his placement even though his PCS is not on par with the top skaters.

Sad to see how gutted Miner was - but he's really a "B" skater when all is said and done.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Chan score still bothers me...I just think that Kevin 4S3T was better than Chan's 4T3T...of course I see Can ahead but not with such a difference. His program may be amazing but it does not touch me, as I find it too cluttered for the points sake.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Holy crap, Japan might seriously end up with only 2 spots next year. They're already at 13 going into the free. The Japanese men peaked too early.

That is crazy to think about after four of them were in the GPF.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Given the short program results I will take a

Chan
Ten
Takahashi

podium in any order. I would be quite happy. Reynolds can finish 4th.

skatel80

On the Ice
Well done to patrick , that was breathtaking! I was so surprised by denis, so incredibly brilliant to see him livr up to the potential he showed as a 15 year old, just wow ! :) and a nice skate from brian too :) poor hanyu but its better this happened now than next year Im sure he will come back in the long!
Im not a fan of Reynolds but well done to him on keeping his monetum from 4ccs going

Icey

Record Breaker
Chan's costume is so incredibly bad. I can't believe that anybody actually thought that old curtain pattern on his back was a good idea. :slink:

Maybe they recycled one of his mother's old table cloths. lol

yuki

Final Flight
Protocols are up.

A big :rolleye: at Patrick getting better GOE on his 3A than Yuzuru, among other things.

Ambivalent

On the Ice
I wonder the kind of pressure Patrick Chan will be under when he goes into Sochi as a three time defending world champion. I don't think there's ever been more pressure, at least from a competitive record point of view (certainly Kim comes close with the amount of pressure from her adoring fans/South Korea).

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm not sure any other US men would have done any better though. Abbott has the potential to be an 85+ SP skater but what if his evil twin showed up? Rippon...maybe a B+ skater. Dornbush hasn't been consistent lately. Frankly, Lysacek could have probably held his own. :slink:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I would bet money what got to Ross Miner was nerves. Those arms were so stiff I was worried they would snap off.

But yay! for Denis Ten. He's had his "moment." Good for him.

sweetskates1

Medalist
I wonder the kind of pressure Patrick Chan will be under when he goes into Sochi as a three time defending world champion. I don't think there's ever been more pressure, at least from a competitive record point of view (certainly Kim comes close with the amount of pressure from her adoring fans/South Korea).

He has not earned his third title yet... let us not count the chickens before they hatch. Go TAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!