2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Frankly, I thought V&M were well beaten, and I even preferred W&P for 2nd.

D&W were simply outstanding in every department. It's a much better choreographed, more exciting routine.
They were sublime.

jan

On the Ice
Apparently, according to Tracy Wilson, their step sequence was reviewed and given level 3 and then issues with twizzles and therefore level 3.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Definitely deserved to be behind D/W, maybe even a couple of points lower than what they got. For me, the dance didn't have any "polka" feeling in it and in fact seemed really downbeat. Tessa was not light on her feet...in fact, seemed unusually cemented to the ice, agree with the upthread poster who noticed that also.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Virtue/Moir used to be my favorite ice dancing team, but they just don't seem to quite have it completely together since coming back from Tessa's surgeries. They made mistakes in the FS in the last Worlds, too, where they were inexplicably not dinged for them and won the title over the vastly more deserving Davis/White. Looks like there will be no oversight at this Worlds, despite the home court advantage for V/M, as it should be.

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
V/M scored way too high for that performance. They should have been behind W/P. Tessa seemed so heavy in her skating (The iron lady color of the dress did not help), they almost ran into the wall several times, those twizzles were awful, no joy in their skate. Home cooked score.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love both couples, but no doubt that D/W laid it down.

Frankly, I thought they beat V/M even not counting the twizzle error, and I'm surprised the gap isn't bigger.

They just didn't have that spark I'm used to seeing. It looked flat.

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Oh, and the Latvian male comm keeps calling Charlie White "Charlize White" which is very disconcerting. :unsure:

swurvestar

Rinkside
I know this might be crazy but I really think W/P should be in 2nd. V/M looked like they messed up more than the twizzle from what I saw it looked like she almost slipped coming out of the corner after the choctaw on the polka pattern but I couldn't quite tell cause her back was towards the camera and Scott was blocking her too.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Where I grew up on the US East Coast we had a supermarket that used that can-can music for their annual "Can Can Sale" and I can't help singing along every time: Now's the time to stock up while the values last. LOL Hopeless.

I'd put that behind W/P myself.