2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ice Dance Short Dance SD

This is exactly why the fact that D/W and V/M always get crazy high GOE and PCS regardless of how they actually skate is so infuriating.

V/M have made mistakes whilst B/S gave a really strong performance but it doesn't matter. Nobody else is able to reach D/W and V/M unless they fall numerous times because the score gap is just so big. :/

I wouldn't mind it if everything they showed was outstanding but Zouva's choreography is usually anything but.

On another note, I agree that PCS scores for I/K were just ridiculous. I think that their program is actually really good but they really didn't skate well at all tonight. To get over a point more on the PCS than C/L for that mess is just an insult.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's a very good running joke. I've been cracking up every time I see it mentioned.

:) I do feel bad for everyone though in all seriousness....

V/T and B/S seem to be the exceptions but I think that's because they supported Menshov being sent to Euros.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
B&S should have been 2nd tonight over V&M. P&B deserved only 6th place. W&P should be in 3rd or 4th. I&K were overmarked in PCS for a poor effort. Dissapointing judging all around.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Someone made a joke about Team Meshnov using a voodoo doll to make Kovtun do poorly in the Men's SP. But then the Russian ladies have done poorly and so has I/K....so I'm joking that it's worked too well.

Yeah- it's funny. Just like trankov spoke in favor of menshov and v/t did well did b or s say something? Lol! Rob him of his potential worlds spot!

B/S simply put out a better dance today than P/B's disappointing effort. I would have had B/S ahead of V/M by a small margin, mostly because I thought V/M were PCS-overscored by about 2-3 points.

I agree. I would have had B/S 2nd by a small margin as well.

Someone made a joke about Team Meshnov using a voodoo doll to make Kovtun do poorly in the Men's SP. But then the Russian ladies have done poorly and so has I/K....so I'm joking that it's worked too well.

I made that joke and now I kinda regret it given what a total disaster Team Russia's performances were ever since. ;P

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Okay does anyone find it interesting that the gap between V/M (2nd) and the Shibs (8th) in TES is only 1.43? A whole slew of teams scoring in the 34 range.

Man the level of scoring was high here....everyone in the top 12 scored more than 60.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
:) I do feel bad for everyone though in all seriousness....

V/T and B/S seem to be the exceptions but I think that's because they supported Menshov being sent to Euros.

There's this horrendous movie with Shirley Temple as a teen (when she wasn't the adorable moppet anymore). In it, there's this black maid, and every time something bad happens she tells Shirl, "It's da VOODOO I tell ya..."

Actually the one I feel really bad for is Brian Orser. Someone must have bought a whole SLEW of voodoo dolls with his name on them.

Dots

Final Flight
IMO B/S were better in the GP. Today their SD lacked spark and fell flat. How in the world were they able to score better than their earlier outings?

I had them in a 66ish range. A bittersweet ending to the short dance for sure.

Also a shame Z/G will not make the second to last group. I/K were gifted in the SD and thus causing Z/G to place 11th. :cry: I'm very bitter about this results.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I made that joke and now I kinda regret it given what a total disaster Team Russia's performances were ever since. ;P

Yeah I do feed bad, particularly for Liza who seem to suffer the most from it, but I can't help bringing it up because I have this image of Menshov and his coaching team sitting at home with voodoo dolls....

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I throughly enjoyed the last two groups. I have been praying for awhile for Anna and Luca to win Bronze at Worlds.
I am hoping for a miracle and now that we have a new Pope maybe it will happen! :biggrin:

Congrats to D/W, V/M and B/S well done!

Shout out to W/P, Natalie and Fabian and the Shibs! :thumbsup:

blackswanphoto

On the Ice
I really think that US paid Zueva for giving a better program to DW as probably Canada did for those Olympic masterpieces. I think VM and DW are the same in terms of skills, but these two couple of years VM's programs are just worse than DW's.
So happy for BS...they truly deserved their score))))

Oh please!! If anything Zueva tried to stick it to them again but D/W was not having it. They sought outside help to refine their programs. Did you see how ugly that FD was at Skate America?! They had to hire Alex Wong to fix it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There's this horrendous movie with Shirley Temple as a teen (when she wasn't the adorable moppet anymore). In it, there's this black maid, and every time something bad happens she tells Shirl, "It's da VOODOO I tell ya..."

Actually the one I feel really bad for is Brian Orser. Someone must have bought a whole SLEW of voodoo dolls with his name on them.

No kidding. Not a great week so far for team Orser.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I'll probably be crucified for saying this, and maybe it should be its own thread, but I honestly don't think that Voir have improved at all since Vancouver. Of course, they are probably the best natural ice dancers and Tessa's chronic leg problems haven't helped, but natural ability only goes so far. But again YMMV...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'll probably be crucified for saying this, and maybe it should be its own thread, but I honestly don't think that Voir have improved at all since Vancouver. Of course, they are probably the best natural ice dancers and Tessa's chronic leg problems haven't helped, but natural ability only goes so far. But again YMMV...

Be careful!

I don't think it's so much that Voir isn't improving, but that D/W have improved at an exponential rate.

icebeauty

On the Ice
Oh please!! If anything Zueva tried to stick it to them again but D/W was not having it. They sought outside help to refine their programs. Did you see how ugly that FD was at Skate America?! They had to hire Alex Wong to fix it.

and thank goodness they did...there's SD captures the spirit and character of Act I of Giselle PERFECTLY. In my opinion D/W are one of the few teams that understands and embraces what the SD was intended to do. after watching V/M again, i feel like they are turning into Zoueva-robots...they are just going through the motions and doing the choreography they way they were told to, and they aren't embracing it the way Meryl and Charlie have...

Man the level of scoring was high here....everyone in the top 12 scored more than 60.

The judges were giving those marks out like candy.

I think you're right and I wonder what's happened. I guess the most obvious explanation is Virtue's health problems.

At the moment D/W look like a clearly superior team.

Dots

Final Flight
lol too bad I'm not a judge because I would have flip placements all over the place. :eek::

My picks would have been:

D/W
V/M
W/P (ridiculous that both B/S & C/L are ahead of them)
P/B
S/S
C/B
B/S
C/L (They looked awfully slow. I have seen them skate with more speed and charisma)
C/B (as in Buckland)
Z/G

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The judges were giving those marks out like candy.

Apparently Gilles and Portier missed out on the trick-and-treat portion of the competition....or I guess they got their candy at 4CC FD?