2013 Worlds - Pairs SP | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

leafygreens

Final Flight
Does anyone feel worried for the Americans? You have to get 28 to retain two spots, right? They are getting close.

jamie

On the Ice
Ockham's Razor.

Both Canadian pairs skated clean programs with all of the technical elements executed to a very high standard as well as complex choreography. So why do you assume foul play?

Why? S/S have obviously much better skating skills, postures and lines but they had an empty program and skated through the music.

Because I have eyes, Ziggy. AND I've been watching this sport 20 years, ZIGGY, like yourself. AND it happens every year! and ....Megand Duhmael is lying in 2nd place at a world championships ahead of Savchenko who skated clean.

I really like D&R, they've got new tricks and different buzz. Opinions are all well and good, but, fact is, they ARE significantly weaker than S&S, V&T and K&S. The scores don;t reflect that however.

No, it is not a fact. It's a sweeping statement that you didn't back up with any details or argument.

Because I have eyes, Ziggy. AND I've been watching this sport 20 years, ZIGGY, like yourself. AND it happens every year! and ....Megand Duhmael is lying in 2nd place at a world championships ahead of Savchenko who skated clean.

That's not an argument either.

slightly OT but I think criticisms of a skaters physical appearance are completely unnecessary and in very poor taste, comments like these were made in this thread about Duhamel and in the junior worlds ladies thread aswell, both of the young ladies in question are beautiful girls and incredible athletes and I find these kinds of comments to be disgusting tbh:disapp:

Thanks for bringing up this point. It should be stated every time such a comment is made.

As for American pairs, I've been anxious about them for years. I don't know what will come about in the next few days, but it doesn't look good for our future. Thank goodness for ice dance.

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Does anyone feel worried for the Americans? You have to get 28 to retain two spots, right? They are getting close.
I don't think the American teams will move up significantly in the standings after the LP, but I doubt they'll drop much either. So, no, no worries, they should retain their two spots.

flutzy13

On the Ice
The standing is OKish. Everyone knows V/T will win no matter what, sadly we have to accept it. D/R did what they can, but I really don't get their appeal at all. The program of S/S is kinda merh compared to those they had last few years. MT/M have a gorgeous style but surfer a bit as Canadian No.2. K/S have a strong showing, but I doubt they can hold on to it. Hope lps won't be as bad as last year.

I think MT/M really suffered unfairly from being Number 2 in Canada. I thought they skated lights out and deserve to be much closer to if not ahead of S/S, who just IMO do not have an engaging program and had a small error. Sad they will miss out on final group.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
It was so apparent that CAN bought the block for their pairs, I'm guessing a deal with russia to seel out S&S.
I agree thatCAN brought the block here but I am sure Russians have nothing to do with that. No one in sober mind would make a deal with SC, especially Russians. :slink:

The standing is OKish. Everyone knows V/T will win no matter what, sadly we have to accept it. D/R did what they can, but I really don't get their appeal at all. The program of S/S is kinda merh compared to those they had last few years. MT/M have a gorgeous style but surfer a bit as Canadian No.2. K/S have a strong showing, but I doubt they can hold on to it. Hope lps won't be as bad as last year.
I don't get it. You are saying it's "sadly". At the same time you yourself explained that other pairs were worse. So why to be sad about "OKish" result. It doesn't make any sense at all.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I agree thatCAN brought the block here but I am sure Russians have nothing to do with that. No one in sober mind would make a deal with SC, especially Russians. :slink:

I don't get it. You are saying it's "sadly". At the same time you yourself explained that other pairs were worse. So why to be sad about "OKish" result. It doesn't make any sense at all.

It seems that apple is prejudiced. THAT's sad,imo

noskates

Record Breaker

I've been saying since Nationals that I would be VERY surprised if we placed a pair team in the top 10. I'm very happy to see Canada sitting in the silver position right now though and hope they can maintain it. US Pairs is in a world of hurt. Our teams dont' stay together long enough to really mature as a couple. Denney and Coughlin were our brightest hope before his injury. Looking forward to next year!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Well, Savchenko was wearing short shorts with cheeks hanging out. If that's not tacky, I don't know what is. They are lucky to be in third. I would put them in 5th, after K/S and M/M.

D/R and V/T should have been closer. V/T doesn't have anything more than D/R aside from being Russians. Well, half of them, anyway.

I don;t argue Ziggy. Enjoy worlds;)

It's hard to argue for a program as flat and empty as S/S have shown this season. :laugh:

I really do hope that they skate something as complex and engaging as "Send in the Clowns" in the Olympic season.

Why bother though? S/Z stroked from element to element to win the Olympics and even if S/S show complex choreography, they'll probably still get lower PCS than V/T so I kinda understand why Steuer is throwing in the towel and giving S/S simple programs so that they can focus on performing their elements clean.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I
Why bother though? S/Z stroked from element to element to win the Olympics and even if S/S show complex choreography, they'll probably still get lower PCS than V/T so I kinda understand why Steuer is throwing in the towel and giving S/S simple programs so that they can focus on performing their elements clean.

:cry: This is kinda true. It must be frustrating for them, to dominate the sport the way they did but by the time Olympics come, the new favorite couple takes the crown. I can't believe S/S lost the Olympic SP to S/Z. I am afraid no matter what they do, the Olympic gold is unreachable for them

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Well, Savchenko was wearing short shorts with cheeks hanging out. If that's not tacky, I don't know what is.
Haven't you read the warning below? Unless the green light for talks about skaters' appearance depends on the country they represent.
slightly OT but I think criticisms of a skaters physical appearance are completely unnecessary and in very poor taste, comments like these were made in this thread about Duhamel and in the junior worlds ladies thread aswell, both of the young ladies in question are beautiful girls and incredible athletes and I find these kinds of comments to be disgusting tbh:disapp:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
S/S were not so great. They just left points both on the side by side jumps and the spin (problems with their synchronization). V/T lacked their usual sparkle. Their side by side jump was not perfect.
My favourite program was T-M/M. They were awesome. I also think they deserved even better scores.
I am not a fan of D/R, but today they had an amazing program. They could easily lead.
And I almost forget: I loved the French pair Morgan/...(she is Canadian)! They were great!
Great short program in pairs!