2013 Worlds - Pairs SP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

FlattFan

Match Penalty
M/M and K/S are like M/D and G/G back in the day. Obviously not the same caliber, but the style of M/M are very much like M/D, strong, aggressive, a bit wild, a bit unpolished, and K/S are smooth and elegant like G/G.

In the end, it's more preference, and the good thing about the new system, they can be very close. And one can overtake the other, instead of the situation where messy G/G beat very good M/D.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
S/S doesn't have much cushion on PCS compare to D/R. They will need to be on to get a silver. And have to be good to be on the podium.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS)

Music: Liebestraum by Franz Liszt

3T - she only did 1T, didn't get up in the air at all
3LoTh - very big, I guess they're not doing 3FTh anymore?
3Tw - very high, audience gasps
Li
FCCoSp - unison off at the end
StSq
BoDs - nice and low, good speed

Costly mistake on sbs 3T... the other elements were very nice

SP: 32.01 + 29.90 = 61.91
In 6th (out of 17)

tulosai

Record Breaker
So other than the huge mistake on the SBS does anyone else think this is the best they've seen B/L skate too? I felt like they were actually connecting with the music for once.

LeReveur

On the Ice
Scoring aside: Duhamel/Radford were strong technically, but I found the choreography and overall "presentation" very poor. The entrance to the throw was ugly! Pang/Tong also had very poor presentation, IMO. Just watched Bazarova/Larionov and found them to be much stronger from an artistic standpoint. I appreciate all sorts of styles, but I really found D/R and P/T lacking in presentation skills.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
B/L are zombies resuscitated. They sleep walked through every single competition. They do not ever pretend to skate pair. No unison at all.

icebeauty

On the Ice
i won't lie...those bangs are distracting...BUT WOW WOW WOW...Megan and Eric really delivered.
i've personally always found them safe and not exciting...like they get the job done, but that was electrifying. well-deserving of the score and placement. they're excitement was infectious - i was grinning like crazy!
(if they perform something of this quality in the FS, they'll be on the podium...then maybe other teams will push for going for the harder triples too...D/R have had the sbs 3Z for since they teamed up, and it's disappointing that no other team has followed)

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Apart from the error on the SBS jumps that was a really nice skate from B/L, though they will pay for that. 6Ouch 61.91, a long way of what they expected, should they be behind P/T. Does anyone know why they left their coach. Go V/T

LRK

Record Breaker
While I don't wish ill on anyone, it does give me a measure of satisfaction that K/S are ahead of B/L.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Apart from the error on the SBS jumps that was a really nice skate from B/L, though they will pay for that. 6Ouch 61.91, a long way of what they expected, should they be behind P/T. Does anyone know why they left their coach. Go V/T

Because they never skated like they were skating pair. Because she only did 1T vs. P/T did 3T (with flaw)
Because they are terrible and being propped up too much?

tulosai

Record Breaker
Well, V/T did not fall down three times so they will be in first.

I, personally, would have them 5th.