2013 Worlds - Pairs SP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Obvious troll is obvious.
Your lack of logic is quite astounding.
In any case it's better to lack logic than to be full of sore grapes and insults when you have nothing esle to say on topic.
Saying that Korpi gets high PCS is not attacking her appearance. It's attacking the judges for being mindless victims of the halo effect.
It doesn't make any sense. Korpi's "halo effect" as you put it is what is precisey being attacked by posters according to your own words. So yes, they attack her appearance.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Do you have something against Canadians? Every post you write has something bad to say about Canadians. I am shocked you are from Japan, every person I have met or encountered from Japan has been very nice and courteous.
Two nations in one post. Great work.
When the only thing you can complain about a skater is their looks, it speaks volume to the kind of person you are, which is petty and superficial.
I wonder where all these people were when Mao was bashed for being pretty as the reason of winning NHK. Or when Kiira is always bashed for her beauty when she gets PCS. Or when Caro is called "iguana who swallowed the stick". And now they take some higher moral ground and think it is worthy trusting. Funny.

But I do believe the COP system looks at more than TES so it is possible to score very high in pcs with mistakes sure that will affect interpretation and performance but it is still capable to score well. Even if clean a flat routine is a flat routine.
The COP also allows to give higher PCS to the skater that doesn't deserve it, and by dong this- to pull him on top. That is how the term "overscored" turned to live.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
M/M and K/S are like M/D and G/G back in the day. Obviously not the same caliber, but the style of M/M are very much like M/D, strong, aggressive, a bit wild, a bit unpolished, and K/S are smooth and elegant like G/G.

In the end, it's more preference, and the good thing about the new system, they can be very close. And one can overtake the other, instead of the situation where messy G/G beat very good M/D.
I will disagree with this. M&D were almost always messy, particularly Artur. I dislike the idea that control is a mere style and wildness is also a style, and the styles are equal. G&G had incredible quiet speed and control, and textbook elements and unison. Also wonderful line and posture. Artur and Natalia didn't have great unison, Artur flailed a lot, the twist was not as high and clean, and he stumbled in the middle and ran to catch up with Natalia. He has great flair! If G&G had been as sloppy as M&D customarily were people would be outraged that they were even on the podium. People claim M&D were perfect but they were not. Because they're M&D, they're allowed to be imperfect - that's their style. G&G are not allowed. But skaters aren't scored verus their own best, but against each other. And it's a sport with technical standards that G&G met better than M&D even on that day.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
V/T and B/L were the only elegant beauties on the ice. Sad that BazLar made a mistakes, she is probably still recovering.

All the rest were just either a set of elements more, or less or the clownish showcases.

It's a sport. If it's not, it shouldn't be in the Olympics.

waxel

Final Flight
Good to see solid skating from D/R --- I understand the 'thrill of victory' moment following a well executed program, but must she jump around and fist pump like that? It is simply undignified. She could take a nod from the classy and elegant Radford. I admire her determination- she has always had fight in her. She's spunky alright. I don't like spunk.

Hope V/T win.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
I "like" MTM and S/S and V/T better than Duhamel Radford. I wish Duhamel would tone it down when done but small mercies she waits until she's done. Last year I was afraid she would destroy that last 30 seconds of her free skate at Canadians because she could barely control the celebrating enough to finish the program.

For me D/R were scored very fairly over S/S. S/S are more refined, but their speed has suffered. I know D/R look mismatched but their blades were quiet, their knees were soft and they had good speed while tracking each other well. As impressive as D/R were in the short program, their lying in second is down to S/S. Empty program, not the speed they should have given their abilities, not the sharpness on some of the elements. D/R leave little room for an underperforming better team to hold their place over them. Their 3 twist was stellar. Their spins were fast and in sync. Lots of transitions. SBS lutzes. You can't simply prevail due to better skating skills if you're not using them to execute a competitive program.

nevergonnadance

On the Ice
ETA: Oh, just an annoying thing that's been bugging me all season... How often do you suppose both Tracy and PJ have seen D/R's SP ..yet still they keep announcing their music as being from the opera La Boheme ..:eek: Don't they pay any attention ?

Last year the Euro sport guys wondered which of Henry's 8 wives Kirsten was skating. They were skating to Henry V.

Kinga

Medalist
V/T and B/L were the only elegant beauties on the ice. Sad that BazLar made a mistakes, she is probably still recovering.

All the rest were just either a set of elements more, or less or the clownish showcases.

Huh?? :confused:
That is just wrong...