StSq
LSp - nice acceleration
CCoSp

Big mistakes on the jumps

SP: 19.41 + 18.38 - 1.00 = 36.79
In 9th (out of 11)

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Lord no not the CHEESY EGYPTIAN HAND POSES. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Hehe. I just had a flashback of Tatiana Malinina's Aladdin program.

I don't mind a typical hand position here and there, but I hate when skaters seem like they don't know what else to do with their hands.

icellist

On the Ice
Pretty in pink/purple: Inga Januleviciute of Lithuania. Why are her tights a few shades darker than her skin-tone. Good 2A. Cheated/Double foot 3Lz-2t. Kept spinning after she fell on her 3T. Easy stepsequence. Very interesting layback. Spins are no problem for her.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
So proud of Kaetlyn and fair scoring for her, I would say. In the SP her personal bests are 33.24 TES is and 28.54 PCS. Here she scored 35.19 TES and 29.54 PCS. I would have cleared her to about 66 or 67 with a bit higher PCS since 28.54 was at 4CC and she skated her SP way better here, more than 1 point higher. But wow, what a debut!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I usually don't mind them, but since it isn't an Egyptian-themed piece...

It was an immediate gut reaction (in like the first 4 seconds) before I heard the rest of the music. And it should tell you just how cheesy those hand gestures are that they are used interchangeably for middle East and far East pieces. Grrrrrrrrr.

ForeverFish

Medalist
It was an immediate gut reaction (in like the first 4 seconds) before I heard the rest of the music. And it should tell you just how cheesy those hand gestures are that they are used interchangeably for middle East and far East pieces. Grrrrrrrrr.

Exactly. It bothers me only when the piece is misinterpreted.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I thought Laetitia Hubert retired the title of Human Zamboni...

(And I will never forget he hand/arm gestures during her Dead Can Dance piece. It was like she was channeling aliens or something...)..

KKonas

Medalist
Lipinski was 15, and already had a World title under her belt. Her tech content wasn't great, but she did have amazing artistry. I would hardly consider Lipnitskaia or Pogorilaya the best in Russia, though I can see the argument being made for Tukt and Sotnikova. So, yeah--in this case, age does matter.

Huh? Lipinski's tech content wasn't that great? At the 1998 OWG, Lipinski opened her FS with a double Axel, a triple flip, a triple Lutz/double toe loop, and a triple loop/triple loop combo, a triple Lutz, ending with a triple toe-half loop-triple Salchow. So how many ladies are doing this much technical content today?

ForeverFish

Medalist
Lipinski was 15, and already had a World title under her belt. Her tech content wasn't great, but she did have amazing artistry. I would hardly consider Lipnitskaia or Pogorilaya the best in Russia, though I can see the argument being made for Tukt and Sotnikova. So, yeah--in this case, age does matter.

Huh? Lipinski's tech content wasn't that great? At the 1998 OWG, Lipinski opened her FS with a double Axel, a triple flip, a triple Lutz/double toe loop, and a triple loop/triple loop combo, a triple Lutz, ending with a triple toe-half loop-triple Salchow. So how many ladies are doing this much technical content today?

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. She had difficult jumps, but the way she executed them wasn't spectacular.

And a lot of ladies, actually. Many juniors and almost all of the seniors from the US, Japan, and Russia.