2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

icellist

On the Ice
Patricia Glascic is a beautiful girl and rivals Alissa Czisny on that front. Her edges were so smooth on her crossovers, garnering so much speed. Her layback was good until the bielmann. She would have garnered more points with more +GOE if she just left it as a level 3.

Wow! Brooklee Han had a wonderful skate! I couldn’t even tell that the program was originally for junior. She still needs work on that axel but that might have been the best she’s skated that program, especially that musical climax/applause during her donut spin! Breaking 50!!! Go Aussie!!!!!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Juulia TURKKILA (FIN)

Music: Firebird by Igor Stravinski

3T+1T - stepout, wonky on 3T
3S - clean, bit held on
FCSp
1A
CCoSp
StSq
LSp

Not much energy throughout because of the mistakes. She does not look happy.

Shame about the jumps, Finland will have to get that sole spot at Olys at Nebelhorn now, I think...

SP: 20.13 + 20.57 = 40.70
In 2nd (out of 3)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I said it also yesterday in the pairs thread: it's always beautiful to see a rink full of people watching a competition! I remember how depressing it was in Zagreb, when the stadium was half empty even during the last two days...

icellist

On the Ice
Might sound weird but Juulia has that very “leggy” look I get from Lepisto and Korpi, probably from her choice to not wear OTBT and clean edges. She did an incredible 3T-3T in the warmup but couldn’t bring it to the competition :disapp:. I’m surprised she’s using firebird as a short program because it’s such a long program song with all of its musical highlights. She’s just not bringing it today…

Do we know for sure that the Olympic qualifier is in Nebelhorn? or could it be Finlandia?

paircheck

Final Flight
I said it also yesterday in the pairs thread: it's always beautiful to see a rink full of people watching a competition! I remember how depressing it was in Zagreb, when the stadium was half empty even during the last two days...

right

and in zagreb it was less than half... :)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kexin ZHANG (CHN)

Music: Nocturne in cis minor by Frederic Chopin

3T+3T - nice
1Lz
LSp
2A
FCSp
StSq
CCoSp

Good start, but shame about the Lutz. Quite nice spins. Not much expression, though.

SP: 27.46 + 21.34 = 48.80
In 2nd (out of 4)

icellist

On the Ice
Beautiful 3T-3T by Kexin Zhang. Ah! Pop the lutz. I was worried that she was going to hit the wall because she delayed her entry. Lsp4. She’s a little behind the music. Kexin donut spin! And back in sync with the music. Not loving the drama in her music choice, she could take a page from Christina Gao’s subtlety. Spins were the highlight of her program for me.

Ouch tough score just for missing the lutz?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tina STUERZINGER (SUI)

Music: Tango Medley

3Lz+2T
3T - clean, but held on
FCSp
2A - hands down, fall
LSp
StSq - small stumble at start
CCoSp

She looks disappointed.