2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

Moment

Final Flight
I'm sorry, I posted misinformation about the 2A (so did SBS, my bad anyway)

This is correct
3Lz+3T: 11.50
3F: 5.10
FCSp: 3.23
2A: 4.49
LSp: 3.23
StSq: 5.00
CCoSp: 4.36

calstudent

Rinkside
She's been away for two years. If she had even the slightest problem with her flip before, I wouldn't be surprised to see issues in her first major competition since 2011.

Skating does not work like that. Not after hours and hours, literally more than 1000 jumps that you do. The muscle memories do not suddenly "revert" back to what they had been 4-5 years ago.

Colanboy

Rinkside
I'm sorry, I posted misinformation about the 2A (so did SBS, my bad anyway)

This is correct
3Lz+3T: 11.50
3F: 5.10
FCSp: 3.23
2A: 4.49
LSp: 3.23
StSq: 5.00
CCoSp: 4.36

This looks very reasonable to me. She still received very high GOE for her combo and 2A.

Krislite

Medalist
I'm much more relieved she landed all her jumps than I am miffed at the edge call. Thank God Yuna held it together this time and did not repeat 2011 Worlds at least in the SP. I have a feeling she'll be fired up for the LP. :)

Wow. I don't remember ever seeing the level being so high in the Ladies SP.

Almost everybody is giving it their 110%. Amazing competition.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Gracie landed everything. 3Lz was a bit pitch forward, but she tacked on 3T. Won't get good GOE, maybe 0 or -1
3F was ok. Not that good. Maybe 0
2A was ok.

She landed them, but not the usually (+1 +2) quality

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Gracie GOLD (USA)

Music: Hernando's Hideaway

3Lz+3T - ok, bit forward on 3Lz
3F - e
2A
FCSp - messed up last position, sorta fell out of spin
StSq
LSp
CCoSp

No meltdown - very solid on the jumps actually, but messed up the flying spin a bit.

SP: 30.23 + 28.62 = 58.85
In 3rd (out of 21)

She looks disappointed

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Nice job for Gracie. A bit wobbly on that spin but she recovered nicely. Next year I hope to see more sophistication in her skating and more advanced footwork. But, for this year at Worlds, good girl!

sather

Rinkside
That's enough calls to be a lipper.
Let's not rewrite history here. She lipped. She fixed it in 2009, made the flip unstable. For a while, she got the right flip.
Hasn't done flip in a while, and now got another one called. Nothing's controversial or wrong about that.

But the funny thing is , as I recall, she never received those calls on solo flip. One of the reasons she decided to do 3Lz-3T was because she couldn't control her edge for flip 'combination' jump perfect enough to avoid those edge calls. I don't want to argue with the fact but I just find it interesting.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Wow. I don't remember ever seeing the level being so high in the Ladies SP.

Almost everybody is giving it their 110%. Amazing competition.

Agreed. I am really enjoying watching the ladies!

And I predict Gold moves into second with that skate though the question will be how close her and Osmond's scores will be or if she can put some distance. I liked Osmond's performance a bit better but Gold was good too and her technical content was higher.