2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

ranjake

Final Flight
Gracie did REALLY well- and I'm proud of her. I DID enjoy Osmond a bit more than Gracie; I haven't seen much of Osmond before, but she was charming and adorable, and I'm happy for her; performing so well on home ice. But Gracie really fought through and did her "job". I guess I thought Gracie's score might have been a tad low- but the scoring of the ladies sure isn't like the men's, to me any way. I think the ladies' judges are much stricter, imo.

sather

Rinkside
Just read an article about Yuna's post sp interview and she said she was surprised because the score was different from what she had expected.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Does anyone know what happened to her?

Bit and pieces but she came out of nowhere to end up in the final group 2 olympics ago. Funding issues kept her from advancing her training until Robin Wagner helped out. She trains in the US if I'm not mistaken. She was always a very solidly built skater...some said she was too heavy, others said she was fine (keep in mind, "heavy" is so relative in skating). I suspect as part of her training, coaches and the like have tried to slim her down but it looks like she's lost her power. I'm sure their is more to her story that others can fill in (aside from gossip, which I don't want to encourage)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Gracie did REALLY well- and I'm proud of her. I DID enjoy Osmond a bit more than Gracie; I haven't seen much of Osmond before, but she was charming and adorable, and I'm happy for her; performing so well on home ice. But Gracie really fought through and did her "job". I guess I thought Gracie's score might have been a tad low- but the scoring of the ladies sure isn't like the men's, to me any way. I think the ladies' judges are much stricter, imo.

I agree. I think she had a respectable performance and I think she just needed to know that she CAN perform under pressure. (And boy, was there a lot of performance). Hopefully it builds from here. We forget that Gracie is 17 -- it's an age where you're pretty self (and overly) conscious about everything.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Gracie botched a spin and her jumps were not as strong as they usually are. Totally clean she probably gets 61-62. But i'm glad she fought today and didn't just collapse like she has at times this season. Now she can just go for it in the LP.

ForeverFish

Medalist
I agree. I think she had a respectable performance and I think she just needed to know that she CAN perform under pressure. Hopefully it builds from here.

If she'd held onto that first spin, it probably would have pushed her past 60.

waddup

Rinkside
I think a lot of people were. :(
Just curious to see how the last group will score.
Hope they're as tough and fair to them as they've been so far.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Gracie botched a spin and her jumps were not as strong as they usually are. Totally clean she probably gets 61-62. But i'm glad she fought today and didn't just collapse like she has at times this season. Now she can just go for it in the LP.

She also had the UR in the 3T in her combo. She lost some points there. I think she could have beat Osmond if she skates the way she knows she can.

gold12345

Medalist
Gracie scored well for the errors she had. She is good at selling a program, but she's relatively awkward presentation wise. Her score is very good for what she put out there, and had she not had the spin issue and underrotation, her score would have easily been in the 60s.

And you have to feel for Elene :( She just didn't seem like herself.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Gracie looked disappointed with her score, but it's potentially a good sign for 3 spots if A) Ashley delivers and B) Both skate strong free skates.

katymay

Medalist
Grace does need a choreographer though, the program looks like she put it together herself. I love that she smiles and sells it though.

Icey

Record Breaker
Elene trains in Canada , doesn't she. Would be hard for Orser to be her coach and train in the us.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Grace does need a choreographer though, the program looks like she put it together herself. I love that she smiles and sells it though.

Yep, she's definitely improved on that from the beginning of the season. Maybe, knowing how she's a contender for an Olympic spot, her coach will get David Wilson or someone of similar caliber for her next year.