2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 51 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Looking at the protocals, Ashley did fine. She got positive GOE on her elements. Basically what cost her is that she got level 3s on two spins instead of the level 4s she got at GPF. That's .9 right there.

I'm not trying to be mean to any skater, but how can an obviously double-footed 3A receive GOE of +0.14?

I'm on the floor with this.

It's just unbelievable. Not only was it two-footed, it was also very noticeably cheated (under 1/4). GG judges. :rolleye:

Kostner. WTH. I cannot comprehend how a program with a fall is second-best over several clean programs. That is the worst judging of this Worlds so far.

It is very easy to comprehend. Kostner had the best skating skills by far, the best choreography by far, the best transitions by far, the program was presented beautifully and that fall aside absolutely everything else was of exceptional quality.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Now, may I ask: what do you want to complain about? All the scores and the marks were pretty fair, the only thing that could have been a little better was the combo GOE for Carolina, that would put her in 3rd place, more or less 0.2 behind Kanako... Would this really make any difference?

hurrah

Medalist
Actually, when you look at the protocols, it kind of makes sense. I actually don't think the scoring of the elements are that out of line. (I have always thought that Yuna was a consistent lipper and that she was getting away with it all along.) And all the tweaking is done through PCS.

I think Kanako was majorly under-scored. Her artistry and interpretation was far better than any of the skaters today.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also I was correct about Viktoria. She got all level 4s. Which is pretty amazing considering the ice wiped everyone else during their spins!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It is very easy to comprehend. Kostner had the best skating skills by far, the best choreography by far, the best transitions by far, the program was presented beautifully and that fall aside absolutely everything else was of exceptional quality.
:clap::agree::thumbsup: Ok, now I'll sto writing posts about Carolina's score, you got my point, I think ;)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Looks like her GOE on her other elements made up for the -1.70 on her combo. Though I'm unsure why she didn't get straight -3s. Isn't that the policy with a fall?

That's my point. She didn't deserve all the GOE benefits that she received.

parma

On the Ice
I realize after seeing Carolina's score that Yuna and Murakami deserved a lot more points. Carolina's PCS is higher than Yuna's? Please.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
odd but now I think of it, Liza has never skated a clean SP
she might be punished for her inconsistency and if only 2 spots
Julia and Adelina might go, hope not :no:

Yeah...I thought about that too...It's awful to think that in order to get close to Osmond, she needs her pb and EVEN that won't be enough if Osmond skates relatively clean:cry:

pohatta

On the Ice
There would have been room in the Top 5 for a solid 64 point Kiira. I wonder what the underaged Russian girls think of their prospects for next year.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Now, may I ask: what do you want to complain about? All the scores and the marks were pretty fair, the only thing that could have been a little better was the combo GOE for Carolina, that would put her in 3rd place, more or less 0.2 behind Kanako... Would this really make any difference?

Carolina shouldn't have been much above 60, down maybe around 8th place. And yes, this makes a huge difference. She could earn a medal she doesn't deserve.

I think Kanako was majorly under-scored. Her artistry and interpretation was far better than any of the skaters today.

If anything she was overscored. Second 3toe was slightly cheated, 3flip was slightly cheated. Her back is stiff and there wasn't much else in her reaction to the music than moving her arms up and down.

Ambitious element layout which paid off but the program was meh.

I don't understand how you can say that her interpretation was far better when you had skaters who had far more upper body movement, used their whole body to interpret the music and that movement reflected the character of the music very well. Murakami has a lot of work to do in that area still.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
If anything she was overscored. Second 3toe was slightly cheated, 3flip was slightly cheated. Her back is stiff and there wasn't much else in her reaction to the music than moving her arms up and down.

Your opinion only. I thought it was one of the most enjoyable programs of the day.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I really don't have a huge problem with Carolina's score, honestly. I agree with Ziggy that the program, besides the fall, was very well executed and she hit the non-jump elements well too.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I think alot of you complaining about some of the scores like Kostner supposably being too high, Osmond too low, etc...are forgetting skate order makes a big difference in the scores. It also doesnt mean the judges are wrong either, it is human nature to consider there are skaters left and you dont know what they will do.

I think Wagner or Osmond have a good shot at the bronze. No way Murakami stays in 3rd, she was never a good LP skater. Mao will still probably get 3rd if she skates even decent though.

parma

On the Ice

I thought Murakami was able to get what she got because of her backloading of the triple jumps.