2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 58 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I feel bad for Osmond. Over the next seasons she'll better control her nerves. Lots of pressure from her home stadium. She'll definitely be one to watch.

Gold, Osmond, and Li are going to amazing in a few years.

2018. Gold-Osmond-Li showdown. That would be awesome.

willdu

On the Ice
Aw geez, where did Aketlyn Osmond, World champion, or at the very least bronze medalist, go? I was so sure I'd see her tonight, since so many lovely people here have been anointing her for so long.

#snarkymode. So many expectations for Osmond, but she did amazing for her first worlds.

Too bad for that sweep for Canada... Only Chan pulled through. V/M and Osmond...

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Despite the mistakes and falls, I really like Osmond and her take-no-prisoners attitude out there. She'll learn and come back swinging next year.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Interesting ladies competition, and some real fighters out there. As much as I have enjoyed Carolina, I don't like the propping up in both programs, because it's not always evenly spread around for other competitors. Carolina was beautiful last year, quite lovely, but in this skate she was rather cautious and I'm not enamored of the over-emoting. She's a beautiful lady but the nerves and pressure and maybe not so much inspired choices in music and choreo this year have me less enamored. It's obvious that both Carolina and Yu Na have one foot each out the door and I wish they would just keep on going and retire. Great careers ladies, but why come back just to go through the motions essentially?

Congrats to Gracie and Ashley for toughing it out and bringing back the three spots for U.S. ladies. Pretty courageous all things considered. Ash didn't bring it like she could have either in the fp, but she wasn't really going to threaten for the podium with Carolina and Yu Na back in the mix this year. I absolutely loved Murakami in the sp, and she's gutsy, but I didn't enjoy her fp music and choreo as much. It just seemed to highlight some of her weaknesses, but yes she's a passionate fighter.

And now, I see that Kaetlyn in her first senior Worlds out of juniors has gained a learning experience. Every skater has to go through the growing pains and not be rushed up the ladder so quickly, IMHO! Let's see where she lands.

tulosai

Record Breaker
#snarkymode. So many expectations for Osmond, but she did amazing for her first worlds.

Too bad for that sweep for Canada... Only Chan pulled through. V/M and Osmond...

She did do amazing. When in snarky mode in the future I will try to spell names right :)

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
I think KO has a good attitude. In the K&C she said it was still better than her goal. Just because some fans had crazy expectations it should not be taken out on her. And a lot of KO fans were not calling for a podium finish...