2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 64 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Yuna Kim is perfection! That performance is impeccable.
Caro is a fighter. I thought she would bomb after the nose bleed, but wow, she performed the hell out of that program. The audience went nuts a few times during her performance. Awesomeness!
Mao is such a treasure. I love her program. Love that she fought for it.

Absolutely satisfying podium finish and the American girls got 3 spots back. Great job you guys. Love how everything turned out.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yuna Kim is a one in a million athlete. Just spectacular at what she does.

Happy for USA's 3 spots and Canada's 2. Too bad about Russia, they were already done for after the short.

Congratulations to Gracie, Zijun, Kaetlyn, Adelina and Elizaveta - All top 10 at their first World Championships. The new class is coming!

True that. All of that. It's important not to get so hung up on disappointment over Russia's places as to forget what Liza and Adelina did accomplish!

aero

On the Ice
The Queen has returned.
If there's one thing I'm grateful for, it's that she doesn't make me have a heart attack every time she jumps.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I thought Kostner deserved the silver. Mao has a harder program but Kostner rightfully got better GOEs on her completed elements and bigger PCS, and her SP was definitely better than Mao`s.

lilshorty

On the Ice
I agree with the poster some pages back who said it's the first time they've ever been moved by a performance from Yuna Kim. She was spectacular tonight and deserved every bit of her gold medal win.

jamie

On the Ice
Bad on the first two passes. That 3A looked UR and 2 footed. But beyond that it was very nice.

Only 3 euro ladies in the top 10:( and a whole host of unfortunates further down the ranks.

Only grievance of the competition, Gold's CH and In marks....

Loved Caro's camel aping with pinched nose, hated her choice to end on the salchow that hasn't worked once this season.

UnChosen

On the Ice
Yuna stole the night technically, while Zijun Li stole the night artistically. Totally worth sitting through so many mistaken ridden and stiff performances.

Art&Sport

Medalist
This thread seemed as if it was locked for awhile there. Is a new one being started?

Are there vids posted yet?

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am so happy for the girls! They saved this championship. After the disaster in men, this was so beautiful competition, starting with the first group. Great skating! Congratulation to all the skaters! Great podium with Yuna, Carolina and Mao! The cream of figure skating!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Yuna Kim is perfection! That performance is impeccable.
Caro is a fighter. I thought she would bomb after the nose bleed, but wow, she performed the hell out of that program. The audience went nuts a few times during her performance. Awesomeness!
Mao is such a treasure. I love her program. Love that she fought for it.

Absolutely satisfying podium finish and the American girls got 3 spots back. Great job you guys. Love how everything turned out.

Wow I didnt think you would be happy for Wagner doing well, hehe. Glad about all that too though, and that the U.S got 3 spots back especialy. Only slight dissapointment for me was Osmond`s skate.

sask8

Rinkside
I think it is safe to say at this point that she is a unique talent. Not more than one in a million skaters could have staged this kind of comeback after pretty much literally not training seriously at all for a year. She has innate talent oozing out of her pores in a way everyone else can only dream of... as well as a stellar work ethic which has served her extremely well.

So glad she is doing this. Her preformance tonight was to die for.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

aero

On the Ice
So a lot of people who didn't even compete today have tons of reasons to be thrilled. The 2nd Canadian lady, for one...I'm assuming that's Lacoste? And of course Mirai, Cristina, Caroline, Agnes, Alissa...I expect to see a renewed sense of confidence and dedication because suddenly they all have a very good shot at Sochi. And of course, two very lucky young ladies from Korea who have Yuna to thank for paving the way for them to gain so much experience and become better skaters. And now they will go to the Olympics as well.

I almost forgot about Korea getting 3 spots. I can't explain how happy I feel about this fact; that one person pretty much single handedly introduced a sport to a country.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
OMG I am so glad I got back in time to see the final flight. That was amazing!

First, the US women getting back that third spot. Who'd thunk! Ashley and Gracie! USA! USA!

Then, remember when Kostner was considered a head case? She sure didn't skate like it here. Yes, she made two mistakes, but she never melted down and went for more difficulty than ever.

And Mao Asada, who was never a head case, but seemed to lose more and more of her mojo every season, pulled it all back in this (and the last few) competitions. She rotated that triple axel, rotated that triple toe on the end of that double axel, landed all those other jumps, too. Yeah, she made a few silly mistakes, but the woman has grit.

And Kaetlyn Osmond. I remember last season, when the two top Canadian women were in a farcical race to see who could skate worse. And now Canada has an actual contender!

And lastly, Yuna Kim. Superlatives fail. I know she's been perfect in practices, but competition ice is competition ice. I had my worries, apparently she didn't. By some accounts, she didn't even practice most of these jumps in the 2 years off. How are they back and better than ever? She seems mentally tougher than ever as well. That was just ridiculous. Way to end the competition on a high note that would make Mariah Carey faint!

Kissx3

Final Flight
There are currently 1413 users online. 200 members and 1213 guests
Most users ever online was 1,415, Today at 11:10 PM.

^
Also, congratulations to the site owner for creating such a fabulous hub for figure skating fans. Thank you for upgrading your servers (no crashes at all! :)!), thank you for keeping it free and open as it obviously isn't free for you. I'm not sure where to post this so I hope you're reading lol