2013 worlds pairs FS | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 worlds pairs FS

Maybe Zhang wants to retire but they are not letting him. :p

Sorry but that team is just ridiculous. She's nowhere, nowhere near his skating ability.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Technically they are promising but I think that S/C have a lot of work to do on the presentation and the overall polish. I am underwhelmed.

Polish takes time. It's too bad they couldn't spend a year with a really good ice dance coach. But they already look like they have far more innate grace than any other current American team vying for Sochi. A coaching change would probably help.

What's happened to the Chinese? They used to seem so invincable.

Polish takes time. It's too bad they couldn't spend a year with a really good ice dance coach. But they already look like they have far more innate grace than any other current American team vying for Sochi. A coaching change would probably help.

Yes. Delilah is not a bad developmental, junior team coach but I feel they would need somebody else to move to the next level. Especially presentation wise.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Yes. Delilah is not a bad developmental, junior team coach but I feel they would need somebody else to move to the next level. Especially presentation wise.

And the thing is, I think they *could* move to the next level, which is more than you can say for the rest of the top American teams. They just finished in the top 8 at their first world's after little more than what? a year together? I think they have real potential, but they need the right training to get to that next level.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow, everyone is bringing it. This is Fierce. I wonder if the top 8 can handle the pressure. Teams not in the top ten scoring well over 100 is pretty impressive.

I read on another forum S/S are going for the 3A today, if anyone can confirm it I would really appreciate!

I hope so. They have nothing to lose now. Rather see them go for th3a and fall than deliver another bland meh performance like in the SP. If you're going to get shot down anyway, at least go out with all guns blazing.

And the thing is, I think they *could* move to the next level, which is more than you can say for the rest of the top American teams.

Oh yeah, they have the technical goods, it's just the case of finishing touches now and building consistency.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Who would have though that the 2nd place US team would still be leading at Worlds with just two groups to go? Great job S/K.

I have just noticed. Peng/Zhang got higher PCS than Berton/Hotarek. Wow. Seriously?

S/K got 7s. Skating in second group and not even skating to their 100%. Bizarre judging.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I hope so. They have nothing to lose now. Rather see them go for th3a and fall than deliver another bland meh performance like in the SP. If you're going to get shot down anyway, at least go out with all guns blazing.

I read on another forum S/S are going for the 3A today, if anyone can confirm it I would really appreciate!
:agree: V/T will win anyway at this point, so giving it all is the best strategy, since they don't have a sbs 3Lz like D/R nor inflated scores like the Russians...

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I like the 2nd American couple - it's likable:) May be, if they continue to improve, they'll be contenders after Sochi

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great score for Scimeca and Knierim! I think they are the future of American pairs skating.

I agree. I am just loving this young talented American team. A little rough around the edges but they got talent,
great score for the newbies.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
OK, so theoretically, if S/K left Sappenfield, what coach would be best for them to get them to the next level? I'm racking my brains. The Florida bunch? Johnny Johns in Michigan? Someone in So Cal?

SamuraiKike

Medalist
WTH? 112 compared to 123 they got for their Euros LP which was similar (she fell on the 3S and here doubled). I absolutely hate this inconsistency in judging from one competition to another.

At EUros they were in the final group and medal contenders. Here they are just another OES team doubling their triples.

But they were hammered on PCS indeed. Peng and Zhang got higher scores skating to the same music and with not even half of the passion.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hate to say it but this might be C/S only trip to Worlds. With D/C coming back next season and S/K and other teams on the rise they might be lucky to make it into the top 5 next season.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I don't understand why C/S didn't go for any big tricks. This might be their only trip to big event. With 2 hungry young teams behind them and with D/C coming back, they will be out cold. C/S had nothing to lose and they went for 2A and 3Sal? Really? I'm disappointed in them, in all of the talk about 3As and 4Sal. Goodness. They are done.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
OK, so theoretically, if S/K left Sappenfield, what coach would be best for them to get them to the next level? I'm racking my brains. The Florida bunch? Johnny Johns in Michigan? Someone in So Cal?

Honestly? I would love to see them train with a DANCE coach. LOL. Igor would whip them into shape and teach them about all the NON-jump and overhead lifts elements. LOL Crazy idea, but sometimes a crazy idea can yield great results.

Seriously, one thing I have noticed is that the spins in dance seem to be so much better than in pairs. Or is that just me?

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I hate to say it but this might be C/S only trip to Worlds. With D/C coming back next season and S/K and other teams on the rise they might be lucky to make it into the top 5 next season.

Agree. Next year they'll likely be behind D/C and S/K, fighting for #3 spot with D/F, Z/B, and possibly even D/S (if Donlan can get her jumps together). And an improving L/L.