2013 worlds pairs FS

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
No way should S/S be in the lead. Go K/S, you can do it. Love this programme,

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I almost think both Canadian teams should be on the podium but Ssquared will be held up. I would score them 125 to 126 but I doubt the judges will be so bold. They lacked their normal conviction.

I am sorry, the throw 3axel was two-footed and hand was close.

I find it very hard to understand how S/S could win.

Internet is going to explode now. It's gonna be worse than the Sale/Pelletier drama. :p

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Good on them for going for the 3A!

But, holy hell, that is terrible. Shame on the judges. TES score of 64.18?!?! Let me guess, +3's for the 2T-2T sequence at the beginning and +3's for the 3A at the end? :rolleye:

roots

Rinkside
I have OFFICIALLY given up on this sport. Have been watching since 1988 every year since, Olympics, Worlds, Grand Prix, Nationals. Have put up with controversies, but NO WAY can you explain how S/S just scored ahead of D/R with THAT free skate. Dumb sport!!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now i have to root for V/T. If S/S win Worlds with that performance there will be a riot.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
S/S's skate has real problems in its basic construction. The whole point of the music is that it is a slow, inexorable build, build, build. Torvil and Dean understood that. But S/S start with a HUGE triple twist and it throws the whole program off structurally--it totally contradicts the music. I'm glad they did the triple axel, but that is a disappointing program from a team that usually has the most interesting programs in pairs.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Funnily - MT/M beat D/R on TES today.

Yeah, I thought that M-T/M would have less PCS but better TES. I'm thinking D/R didn't get great GOE on their lifts or death spiral, which were pretty slow.

Scary moment with the lift for K/S... D/R should win bronze otherwise the internet really will explode.

happyskate6

Rinkside
I think if you brought in someone who knew nothing about skating, they would have scored D/R above the Germans. Totally absurd scoring. Not to mention S/S were much slower on the ice.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I feel sick!!! How could S/S score so big?!? That program was filled with mistakes, falls! I am horrified, that's weird, and it should be double checked!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS)

Music: February by Leonid Levashkevich

3T+3T+SEQ - he does 3T (turnout)+2T+SEQ
2A
3Tw - better, but still bit crashy landing
BiDs
FCCoSp
ChSq
Li
3STh
3LoTh
Li
Li - he drops her on his back, no! He got to close to the boards, his foot hit it when he dropped her
PCoSp

Scary lift mistake. Will cost them a lot of point...

FS: 56.39 + 65.22 = 121.61 (SB)
Tot: 191.59 (SB), in 5th (out of 15)

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
OMG!!! I thought Yuko would go crashing into the audience!! Glad they're both OK and they didn't fall. Did he just get to close to the boards and hit the side???

FSGMT

Record Breaker
What a shame!! :bang: It was really a good program, it could have been even better than MT/M, but now I think they will be lucky if they beat P/T...

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That was a really scary moment from K/S. I thought he looked a bit nervous and towards the end, looked empty.