3Lz - stepout
3Lo - indside edge landing
CSSp
3Lz - tilted, fall, no combo
3S+2T - forward on 3S
2A - forward landing
CCoSp - bad centering
ChSt

Lots of messy landing and he is very slow across the ice. He does not look pleased with that skate.

FS: 58.90 + 53.86 - 1.00 = 111.76 (PB)
Tot: 177.09 (PB), in 2nd (out of 3)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Kovtun having a much higher interpretation score than the only skater who skated before him, Justus Strid, is a ridiculous joke. Strid actually made an effort to relate to the music, portray a character and perform to the audience. And yet his IN score is almost a point lower than Kovtun's. Those judges should be ashamed of themselves, if such an emotion could possibly exist in an ISU employee.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Kovtun having a much higher interpretation score than the only skater who skated before him, Justus Strid, is a ridiculous joke. Strid actually made an effort to relate to the music, portray a character and perform to the audience. And yet his IN score is almost a point lower than Kovtun's. Those judges should be ashamed of themselves, if such an emotion could possibly exist in an ISU employee.

Him having two programs of terrible meltdowns is bad enough.

I know I'm not the first one to say it but sending Kovtun instead of Menshov was the most stupid thing ever done by Russian fed. I saw him winning over Michal Brezina at NRW and I tell you I strongly believe he could've been Top 10 here. Especially the way the way quads are judged right now.

Absolutely. He had no senior experience and wasn't good at russian nationals. THey were all very wrong to send him and hope they don't punish him for their mistake. He was bad an awful but he was in russian nationals.

deedee1

Record Breaker
totally off topic but Jorik's music just reminds me of little 15 yo Daisuke! :)

Oh, wow, it's on NOW? Oh, my heart just started to pound. I hope everyone does well!

My big dream: that no one on this thread needs to say, "I wonder what just happened to him?"

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jorik HENDRICKX (BEL)

Music: Violin Concerto by Max Bruch

3A+2T
3A - turnout
3Lz+3T
StSq
FCSp
3Lo+2T
2Lz
3F
3S
CSSp
ChSt
2A - stepout
CCoSp

Quite nice skate: good basics, solid jumps, spins and packaging. He seems very satisfied with that skate.

FS: 70.09 + 60.06 = 130.15
Tot: 192.19, in 2nd (out of 4)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Jorik Hendrickx's skate was surprisingly enjoyable from one of these earlier bottom of the barrel skaters. Bit too much arm-waving, but very nice presentation otherwise.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Viktor PFEIFER (AUT)

Music: Breath by Audiomachine
Piano by Michael Orteta
Guardians at the Gate by Audiomachine

3Lz - 'tano, very nice
3F
2Lz+3T - held onto landing, 'tano on Lz
CCSp
3Lo
2A - very low landing
StSq
3S+3T
3S+2T+2T
2A - held on
CCoSp
ChSq
FSSp

Solid skate, no bigger mistakes. But no 3A (and repeat of easier triples) will hurt his TES...

FS: 63.70 + 61.64 = 125.34
Tot: 189.44, in 3rd (out of 5)

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
I love Viktor Pfeifer's programs this season. His arms, hands, posture are all very beautiful to watch and he really looks like someone who cares about the music.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
What does it mean when fans throw you a plush-banana at a figure skating event? :think:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Hendrickx having a significantly lower PCS than Kovtun is a travesty.

Viktor Pfiefer's spin positions seem almost designed to mock. They are hideous, and appear intended to demonstrate flexibility that he doesn't possess.

I did like how the dreadfully generic movie music suddenly had a dubstep bass drop.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's a shame the tech demands of the sport have passed him by because there is much to Pfeifer's skating to admire.

ETA: Well yes the spin positions do head into Ripley's Believe It Or Not Territory, but I like that he wasn't afraid to take his time, and yes, tried to state TO music rather than through it.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yakov GODOROZHA (UKR)

Music: Pictures at an Exhibition by Modest Mussorgski

3A - stepout
3Lz+3T
3A - big stepout, hand down, no combo
3F+2T+2Lo - e
FCSp - wobbly on entry
StSq
3Lz
2A - stepout
3Lo - fall
3S
CSSp
ChSt
CCoSp

Quite a lot of messy jumps. He needs a lot more refinement.

FS: 60.26 + 53.84 - 1.00 = 113.10 (PB)
Tot: 174.98 (PB), in 5th (out of 6)