2013 Worlds Men LP | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Men LP

flaneur

On the Ice
Seriously lately I feel Hanyu will collapse in the middle of his Lps and I dont enjoy them at all, his arm movements are never finished, he leans so uch forward and it looks like he is rushing through everything..

I agree. there is something exciting about him as a skater and he is super talented... i just don't think he is there

sapphiresky

Rinkside
Ahhhh no combo 3A for Florent.... :( I really like his style...

Happy that Yuzu fought throught it!

ETA: 141.10 for Florent, not bad!

Go Javier!

babyalligator

On the Ice
Do you guys think Yuzuru is likely to continue through to 2018 or retire before then? I always find myself worried after his long programs because he's always bent over trying to catch his breath.

difficult to say...I'm hoping that as he gets older, his body will get stronger...He's still only 18.

Colanboy

Rinkside
All of Orser's skaters underperformed at these championships. Makes me wonder if it's a training issue, and they peaked at the wrong time or something.

waltzjump

Rinkside
Yuzuru. Italian commentators keep saying the whole week he was totally off, he couldn't almost land a jump. The warm-up was also a disaster. They were so delighted when he started landing his jumps; these two ladies, journalist Secondini and coach Bianconi, have really a spot for him.

mystichaze

On the Ice
Ugh, oh Javi! I am already resigned to the fact that Reynolds will be standing on that podium at the end of the evening.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP)

Music: Charlie Chaplin Medley

4T
2S+2T
3A
CSSp
StSq
4S - very nice!
1Lz+2T
3Lo
3F+1Lo+3S
FCCoSp
ChSt - wow, almost lost balance
3S
CCoSp

Solid skate, but those two pops are still going to cost.

FS: 83.00 + 85.30 = 168.30
Tot: 249.06, in 1st (out of 15)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Javi had some brilliant moments but costly poppaloozas also. I think he's unlikely to get on the podium this year without help from his fellow skaters.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
looks like a Chan :sarcasm:, Rogozine + Fernandez or Takahashi podium
Hanyu is out of the medals :cry:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Three pops (well, I don't really count the triple toe on the combo a pop, but he did lose a triple out of it, so....)

Man, I was really thinking he'd win this event. Hopefully he can still make the top five. Still a great deal of content with the two quads.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Even though that wasn't the best performance jump-wise, I think I just became a fan of someone I only mildly liked before.