2013 Worlds Men LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Men LP

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
What does it mean when fans throw you a plush-banana at a figure skating event? :think:

Me and friends just had a big laugh. I want to believe that the intentions were good but wouldn't it be better to just offer him some flowers or something? A banana? :laugh:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Just arrived. Happy to find the ISU stream is now working well for me. Expecting lots of questionable judging, so arming myself with chocolate and adult beverages to ease the sorrow. Let's Roll!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Me and friends just had a big laugh. I want to believe that the intentions were good but wouldn't it be better to just offer him some flowers or something? A banana? :laugh:

Yes, it was pretty funny. By the way Eurosport joined the fun a few minutes ago! :)

swurvestar

Rinkside
I'm not seeing it on Eurosport, thought it didn't start on there for another 1/2 hr. Anyone have any other links?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexander MAJOROV (SWE)

Music: Life Begins Again by Afro Celt Sound System

4T - fall
3Lz+3T
3Lo
FCCoSp
StSq
3F+3T
3A
3F+2T+2T
CCoSp
3S - quick turn out
2A
ChSt
FSSp

A bit untamed on the jumps, but he landed the most of them.

FS: 74.41 + 62.56 - 1.00 = 135.97
Tot: 204.29, in 2nd (out of 7)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
I don't get the point of Alexander Majorov's hoodie. Is it to hide the fact that he is a ginger? He should've kept it on then.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Miner may be settling down a bit. Couple of nice successful jump passes completed. Hope he can salvage something of this FS. :disapp:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ross MINER (USA)

Music: Captain Blood by Erich Korngold

4S - stepout, hand down - looked < on replay
3A - fall
3A+2T
FSSp
3Lz+3T - solid
StSq
3Lz+1Lo+3S - also nice
CCoSp
3Lo
3F - stepout, hand down
ChSt
2A
FCCoSp

Messy on three jumps, but the rest was solid. I think it can pull him up a bit, but not enough for US to get three spots.

FS: 73.38 + 69.28 - 1.00 = 141.66
Tot: 211.90, in 1st (out of 8)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Remember when people thought Ross Miner was consistent and dependable? There goes that theory.

Aww at how the Canadians are clapping and cheering extra hard for an American skater. They really do think of their country as the 51st state.