2013 Worlds Men LP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Men LP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Agreed on all counts! Ross :cry: Still, his recovery was fabulous and I have no doubt he did better than a certain headcase that some people were whining should have gone...

Looking forward to seeing Max give West Side Story the send-off it deserves! His 2-6 loading might make all the difference here!

As usual I seem to be the delusional fan...but I really think Ross will work things out in the long-term. He is a fighter, even if he doesn't look like one.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
As usual I seem to be the delusional fan...but I really think Ross will work things out in the long-term. He is a fighter, even if he doesn't look like one.

I agree. It was just not his competition, but I wouldn't count him out next season

Now out of this group, I'm cheering loudest for Max, because I've taken a shine to the boy. And for Nan Song, because I want him to prove that he was the right choice to send over Han Yan. And for Javier Fernandez because he's just .....d@mn cute!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I agree. It was just not his competition, but I wouldn't count him out next season

Now out of this group, I'm cheering loudest for Max, because I've taken a shine to the boy. And for Nan Song, because I want him to prove that he was the right choice to send over Han Yan. And for Javier Fernandez because he's just .....d@mn cute!

To be honest, I'm cheering for him because everyone is so damn snarky towards him.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Hanyu is getting through it but there should be a lot of -GOE on some of these elements, if the judges put their spectacles on.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I hope he does too! He does seem tougher than he looks...look at Verner, went to pieces after his first mistakes, but Ross recovered well! The only problem I have with Ross is that for some inexplicable reason his jumps give me the heebie-jeebies. Maybe he can pay a visit to Professor Mishin this summer?

rkuang

Rinkside
Hanyu looks kinda jittery and loose. I like his SP. I'm glad he hit everything though. But I don't know. Wasn't moved.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yuzuru HANYU (JPN)

Music: Notre Dame de Paris by Richard Cocciante

4T - low, but clean
4S - hand down, stepout, looked < on replay
3F - bit forward
FCCoSp
StSq
3A+3T - foot down early
3A+2T
3Lo
3Lz+2T+2T
3Lz
ChSq
CCoSp
FCSSp

Some messy landings, but he landed all his jumps. Fell down on all four after the ending pose. Great comeback!

FS: 89.05 + 80.00 = 169.05
Tot: 244.99, in 1st (out of 13)

Did SC tell their choreographer to sit in KnC?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
To be honest, I'm cheering for him because everyone is so damn snarky towards him.

+1

Well no, actually I really like him, but everyone's snarks make me want to cheer harder for him.

treeloving

Medalist
Yuzuru, I'm so proud to be your fan! Fighting till the end and not give up! You should be proud of yourselve regardless of placement!

Art&Sport

Medalist
Remember when people thought Ross Miner was consistent and dependable? There goes that theory.

Aww at how the Canadians are clapping and cheering extra hard for an American skater. They really do think of their country as the 51st state.

It was a fact, not a theory, Serious Business. Just because Ross hasn't been as steady in his last couple of events after doing great at NHK in trying to incorporate the quad doesn't mean Ross hasn't been a consistent skater over most of his career. The pressure was on here. He obviously wasn't able to overcome the burden of pressure coupled with being so low-balled in the sp. The judges told him: We don't think so highly of you, and Ross apparently let that mess with his head. Hard to overcome that under the best of circumstances. It's especially hard when you feel personal disappointment coupled with feeling you let down your teammates and country and will not ever get another chance. Capeesh?

Easy for the Canadians to clap and cheer extra hard along with the other non-Canadians in the crowd for someone who peed his pants in the fp after being stepped on and ground down by the judges for one fall in the sp.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
244.99 for Yuzuru!

... I wish they could have rounded that to 250. :scowl:

ETA: I meant 245. I obviously need to learn how to count again.