2013 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Free Dance

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
Great elements and not much else. I don't think Zoueva has any clue what to do with them.

Agree. Just a thought, maybe she finds it hard chemistry wise due to them being brother and sister? But then again surely she could find something..Nevertheless I liked both their programs this season, and love their youtube videos they've been making, they both seem like lovely, fun & bubbly people.

Hmm, it looks like Marlie still got +2's and +3's on their twizzles. The slip must not have been as severe as it looked in slow motion.

'Deep night for the technical panel, covered eyes of the judges' said the Russian commentator (after Aaron got +GOE for a two-footed quad salchow). ;)

It was obvious to me without slo-mo that both Davis' twizzles were a little bit shaky. They were still very fast and well synchronised but +2s and +3s are a tad generous for that element.

Owhh Robin Cousins was just saying if Coomes & Buckland qualified 2 places mini Buckland & Smart may have got that second Olympic spot! Shame about their mistakes, but I'm sure they'll come back even stronger next season.

They don't have the minimum scores, not anywhere near IIRC (you will need to meet them to compete at Olympics).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Shoot me now...but I think the one team that was genuinely underscored in the Free was Chock and Bates. I'd have had them a very very close to 3rd 4th place.

fanofskate

Rinkside
B/S clean skate, good skate overall. But I just have to say, the music to their circular step (I think) just didn't make sense. It was mostly a metallic drum sound, steady beat, just didn't lend to smooth, gliding deep edge movements. I kept expecting them to do some sort of choppy, jerky move in that section.

I sure hope we get better music choices and edits in the Olympics.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think we can once and for all say that B/S are Russia's number one Ice dance team. I/K are over-rated.

Agree. Just a thought, maybe she finds it hard chemistry wise due to them being brother and sister? But then again surely she could find something..Nevertheless I liked both their programs this season, and love their youtube videos they've been making, they both seem like lovely, fun & bubbly people.

That definitely doesn't help but they don't have to skate romantic programs. There's many different styles and themes.

I just don't get it. They seem so fun and bubbly in those videos, as you said. So why do they show so little expression when they are skating?

Shoot me now...but I think the one team that was genuinely underscored in the Free was Chock and Bates. I'd have had them a very very close to 3rd 4th place.

I agree. Excellent performance. But they don't have the reputation yet.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Maybe the USFSA were hedging their bets who they consider their #2 behind C&B and S&S so didnt throw full support behind either in that regard. Now after these Worlds it will clearly be C&B and that will help them next season, and possibly to climb even higher than 7th despite the strength of the teams in front of them.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...vis-charlie-white-usa-best-shot-gold/1985667/

I have never heard about Meryl's dyslexia/depth perception before this article and am surprised it's not brought up more. Normally the press likes to latch onto any sob story...

This article was about to make me cry. I live for cheese-filled articles.

And amazing that Meryl has adapted while competing. I guess you kinda have to if you're going to live with it your whole life, but she's amazing! :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I think the Shibs should do something either really strange and abstract (think Philip Glass opera like Einstein on the Beach) or a comedy number that would let them show that bubbliness on the ice. Hmm, I'll have to ask my Broadway-obsessed friend if he can think of any non-romantic male/female song and dance numbers. He's encyclopediac that way.

The good news about the Shibs though is that they really do seem to be getting back on form. I wonder if HIS injuries were more serious than they let on and if HER growth spurt threw them much more off than we'd assume.

fairly4

Medalist
:points::thumbsup:congratulations to D/W,V/M

B/S for coming in 1st,2nd,3rd. Ftor making it a great competition. Thank you to all teams for doing your best under the situation.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I think we can once and for all say that B/S are Russia's number one Ice dance team. I/K are over-rated.
I really hope they'll leave Morozov and find a coach who gives them some REAL choreography and finds some good programs that can show their good qualities...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Oh, and nice clevage-revealing shirt from the swoon-worthy Andrew Poje, but I suggest next year they skate to Tarzan. I think Mr Poje owes it to all his fans to appear at every competition in a loin cloth.

:)

The two stand out performances for me were Chock/Bates and Tobias/Stagniunas. Both of them really skated 'out of the box' way above what you'd expect from them. Really beautiful routines.

I also enjoyed Zhiganshina/Gazsi but I can't help to think that it was a bit more of a show program than a competitive one. Good for them though to finally make the top 10 and they were definitely the most entertaining.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Agreed, they have good basics but they need much better technical skills, physical strength and better COACHING!!!

TarAncalime

On the Ice
is it me or all Morozovs have been a diasater ?
Takahashi, I/K, Amodio expect Leonova to have a meltdown too

You are not alone in thinking that...I have been watching all Morosov teams suck more or less, whats the reason for that? Leonova wasnt good at all in her SP either. Disaster waiting to happen.....I am not all for gossip and such normally but I got the impression that morosov's, well, messy ways with having relationships is now beginning to mess up his professional work as a coach.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I think the Shibs should do something either really strange and abstract (think Philip Glass opera like Einstein on the Beach) or a comedy number that would let them show that bubbliness on the ice. Hmm, I'll have to ask my Broadway-obsessed friend if he can think of any non-romantic male/female song and dance numbers. He's encyclopediac that way.

The good news about the Shibs though is that they really do seem to be getting back on form. I wonder if HIS injuries were more serious than they let on and if HER growth spurt threw them much more off than we'd assume.

Hmm.....

"Veronique" from On the 20th Century is a dazzling number, but more of a solo for her.
I think they'd nail a Dirty Rotten Scoundrels trio. Or Ragtime