FANS' FAREWELL TO SASHA ABT - to all Sasha-fans and those who will miss his skating! | Golden Skate

FANS' FAREWELL TO SASHA ABT - to all Sasha-fans and those who will miss his skating!

Evdokia

On the Ice
FANS' FAREWELL TO SASHA ABT - to all Sasha-fans and those who will miss his skating!

Attention to all Sasha Abt fans!

We plan a surprise for Sasha to thank him for the joy that he brought to his fans with his skating during his eligible career. We are planning to put together a scrap book with letters, drawings, clippings, photographs, etc. For further details please refer to the official Sasha Abt homepage at:

http://home.snafu.de/figureskating/abt
(at the news section)

What? Sasha Abt is retiring from eligible skating? I missed this! OH, NO! I'm so sorry! I finally saw him live in fall '02 and found him so thrilling. Poor guy. He really drew a bad hand with the injuries. Thanks for the link, Evdokia.:cry: :cry: :cry:
Rgirl

Thanks for the update, Evdokia. Does anyone know if he has anything lined up in the way of tours and shows. He is very popular with American audiences, those who have had a chance to see him. I think he would be a natural for SOI.

Mathman

Evdokia

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Thanks for the update, Evdokia. Does anyone know if he has anything lined up in the way of tours and shows. He is very popular with American audiences, those who have had a chance to see him. I think he would be a natural for SOI.
Mathman

I'd wish they would take Sasha Abt for SOI - if he could skate "Jablotchko" like he did at this year's CoR, he'll be worth each penny they'd pay. However, I think for SOI you need some major medals (at WC or the GPF) to get there.:(
But AFAIK, he stated, that he already got some offers to from France and Japan for touring and shows. :)

He's one of those skaters you'll remember - not for the quads - but for the beautifuly skating he brought to the fans. He's one of a kind.

Joe

Evdokia

On the Ice
Mathman - to answer your question, Sasha is already back on the ice: he skated at some Shows in Korea last week and will go to Japan soon. His official HP has been updated with information about that: http://home.snafu.de/figureskating/abt ("news & events")

Plus AFAIK he will also join the Awerbuch-Tour in Spring together with Plushy, Irina, Cupcake, N/K and the rest of the Russian team.

And Mathman, Rgirl, Joesitz - your participation in the Fans' farewell project would be highly welcomed :D, and of course also participation by anybody else on this board :) - the deadline is May 1, 2002.