Canada the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Canada the only country to win Olympic Gold in all 4 disciplines

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Now, that's the event that is truly a lock for Canada. With Duhamel and Radford and Katlyn Osmond coming on like gangbusters, Canada will be a juggernaut.

Chan is a 105% lock, and was in fact already awarded the 2014 Olympic Gold in the summer of 2010, and the Team Gold for Canada is more like an 85% likelihood.

KKonas

Medalist
Well it is as though people have a hate on for Chan. Carolina Kostner is more of a sure thing of oly gold than Chan. And we might as well just say Wagner and Yuna are sure things for gold. Let's jinx everyone. Max Aaron destined for podium. Davis and White are clearly the faves; doesn't matter they do the same stuff yehar in and year out it is deemed as artistic and fabulous and they clearly have the judges favour. No matter what V and M do it won't be enough. Maybe there is some sympathy too? Who knows its like let both teams have one oly gold.

Gee, I didn't know Der Fledermaus and Notre Dame de Paris were one and the same.

I didn't know Canada never won a men's gold; i thought Donald Jackson did but what do I know.

Donald Jackson never won Olympic gold, but did win Worlds in 1962 in Prague.

SGrand

Final Flight
While I find this mildly entertaining, I honestly can't help but want to re-evaluate how I spend my time as I've spent so much of today just reading so much hate for what? A homicidal maniac? A child abuser? A racist?
Nope, a freaking Figure Skater! Really? Do we have to hate on him so much? It's such a strong word and one I'm trying to eliminate from my vocabulary. Dislike the system please, not Patrick. What is he supposed to say? Do? It's really not his fault is it??

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure that Chan will not be an Olympic champion because he will keep Kathy Johnson next year and he will not have 4F or 4S. Bye, bye, the Olympic gold!:cry:

PTF doesn't mean that Canada will win ladies, pairs and dance next year. Just that they will will men's, then they will have a gold medalist in all four disciplines over the whole history of the Olympics. (Barbara Ann Scott, 1948, Sale and Pelletier, 2002. Virtue and Moir, 2010, Patrick Chan, 2014.) :)

I was thinking that Russia had done it already, but of course Oksana Baiul won for Ukraine after the USSR broke up. So, okay, Canada is in the running unless Britain suddenly manages to find a pairs team that's a contender.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Do you really think that V/M will win in Sochi? For me, it's 70% D/W and 30% V/M, at the moment (then, it will depend on the programs they choose): Meryl and Davis will win tonight, and I think that, if V/M can't win with the home crowd advantage (and a mistake in the SD, yes), they won't be able to win in Sochi...

I agree. The only reason V/M will win is if they come up with a really good program, and D/W have a zzzzz program.

Anyway, Patrick Chan has not won the OGM in Sochi yet. It's not over until it's over. I think Hanyu has a real chance too. I'm not sure about Fernandez. He's very slow compared to Chan and some of the other top guys. If Daisuke leaves Morozov I think he could get back up to where he was before too.

Puchi

On the Ice
And the point of this (repeated) thread is...?

Oh, it's officially the off season now.

Go on.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gold in Sochi is certainly NOT a lock for Chan. Fernandez and Hanyu both have a shot at dethroning PDuddy. I am hoping Chan wins a silver or bronze medal in Sochi, and then goes away.

KKonas

Medalist
Chan may not be a lock in Sochi but it will be very difficult for anyone to win over a 3-time world champion. A competitor would have to be twice as good - almost perfect and Chan would probably have to have more falls than he did here, to lose.