2013 World Figure Skating Championships - Ladies Free Report | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 World Figure Skating Championships - Ladies Free Report

skateluvr

Record Breaker
yuna's choreography was not balanced. wilson had her doing all kinds of arm movements/very busy and not elegant either. why? to keep focus off the lines, legs, feet. these are flaws whether ubers want to hear or not. in current ijs, beautiful skating is lauded but rotated big 3x3's carry the weight. yuna is great, deserved the win, but i'd rather watch caro anyday. gracie will be the big skater after sochi. she has already gorgeous back, clean lines, lovely legs, no flaws. And she can match yuna's jumps. ubers hate any criticism. could you all catch the details ziggy did? doubt it. mean to talk about posters in 3rd person, too.

Moment

Final Flight
It's easy to talk BS when you choose to dismiss anyone who don't agree with you as ubers. Doesn't one of them have the screeen name saying "suzukifan", not "yunakimfan"? You're not any more objective. Like gett off your high horse.

Krislite

Medalist
yuna's choreography was not balanced. wilson had her doing all kinds of arm movements/very busy and not elegant either. why? to keep focus off the lines, legs, feet. these are flaws whether ubers want to hear or not. in current ijs, beautiful skating is lauded but rotated big 3x3's carry the weight. yuna is great, deserved the win, but i'd rather watch caro anyday. gracie will be the big skater after sochi. she has already gorgeous back, clean lines, lovely legs, no flaws. And she can match yuna's jumps. ubers hate any criticism. could you all catch the details ziggy did? doubt it. mean to talk about posters in 3rd person, too.

We hear these things ad naseum thanks to critics like yourself. But unlike yourself we don't declare them as objective "flaws". Certain aspects of Yuna's skating may not be to your taste or liking but to call them "flaws" is a much stronger statement. That's saying that objectively there's a lot that's wrong her skating. It's no wonder fans fight back. You're making it sound like a fact what is really just your personal preference.

We definitely see what you "see". We see Yuna's feet. We see toe-points and extension and lines. We just don't fixate on them to the exclusion of all the other great qualities she has.

Krislite

Medalist
Just wanted to add to the above that I certainly don't think Yuna is perfect in every way. I can definitely see areas where she can improve on, but this is true of all skaters. Why do we drum negative remarks about skaters' "flaws" around here? I know praising favorites and disparaging rivals is de rigueur in skating forums, but sometimes I just get fed up with it. :disapp:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Krislite, great avatar. I think they are flaws based on years of ladies champions. Taste would be a better word to describe costume deductions. Obviously she's a great skater and I'm picky. I don't know why the fine details are ignored,

NTL, I predicted her win right after Nationals and her OGM in Sochi too. I am fan but not an uber of anyone. I'd love to meet her, tho. She is destined for big things.

cosmos

On the Ice
Yes, just like you hated my criticism on Mao.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
no cosmos, you can criticize whoever-i'm not mao uber anymore though i am her fan. criticize away...;)