World Team Trophy Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy Entries

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Liza I don't think will go, Mishin has never send any of his students to a WTT
Pogorilaya is also 14, so If Lipnitskaya is permitted they will send her, this will be good experience for Julia and she is returning to form

sad but I agree Akiko is done like Leonova
No, just watch her 4CC programs: they are as beautiful as always, and they said that she was really good in practices at Worlds, she said that she had a probelm with the ice surface in the main rink, she just had an off-competition: remember that she had two season always on the podium except Japan Nationals this year when she was 4th, comparing her results with Leonova's I would say that she's A LOT more competitive than Alena at the moment...
And, if Liza doesn't go and Julia/Anna aren't age-eligible, who will? Gosviani? :think:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
No, just watch her 4CC programs: they are as beautiful as always, and they said that she was really good in practices at Worlds, she said that she had a probelm with the ice surface in the main rink, she just had an off-competition: remember that she had two season always on the podium except Japan Nationals this year when she was 4th, comparing her results with Leonova's I would say that she's A LOT more competitive than Alena at the moment...
And, if Liza doesn't go and Julia/Anna aren't age-eligible, who will? Gosviani? :think:

Suzuki is being dumped by Kanako , she will not be Japanese No.2 by next Season I am 100% certain
Akiko was never a Japanese Fed fave, she was more of a filler

volotrankov

Rinkside
V/T am almost certain will not compete again, it will be Stolbova/Klimov

Max and Tania said last year in one of their blog entries that they were going to be at WTT, so i think they will be there, unless they changed their mind in the between, of course.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd be surprised if V/M go to WTT. Scott Moir hates that competition. They could probably plead that Tessa's legs need a rest, but then Canada would have no chance of winning.

starryxskies

On the Ice
I'd be surprised if V/M go to WTT. Scott Moir hates that competition. They could probably plead that Tessa's legs need a rest, but then Canada would have no chance of winning.

Well they've been to it twice and there's a team competition at the Olympics. He doesn't have a choice.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Max and Tania said last year in one of their blog entries that they were going to be at WTT, so i think they will be there, unless they changed their mind in the between, of course.

but last year they didn't go because they were no S/S and they went to an ice show instead after few months
maybe they will go this time as they have won now but its still doubtful and would be surprised to see them

Stolbova/Klimov is the one mentioned going to WTT
also Menshov will be there and rumors Julia will be too

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Here's the announcement for the WTT

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3967

3.2 Consequences of non-participation
It is of the highest importance that Rule 136 paragraph 6 of the ISU General Regulations be respected and implemented by all ISU Members and Skaters.

To be in compliance with Rule 136, paragraph 6, the following directive is issued by the ISU Council. Any Skater/Couple from a Qualified ISU Member, who placed within the first ten (10) places at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2013 and is ranked in the ISU World Standings among the best 2 Lady Single Skaters, best 2 Men Single Skaters, the best Pair Skating couple and the best Ice Dance couple of his/her/their respective Qualified ISU Member, if this Skater/Couple elects in advance of the ISU World Team Trophy not to participate in the ISU World Team Trophy (for whatever reason), he/she/they will not be permitted to participate in any other competitions, shows, and exhibitions from Monday noon (March 18, 2013) after the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2013, during the ISU World Team Trophy, and until April 15, 2013.

In addition, depending on the circumstances, the concerned Skater/Couple and Members may be subject to sanctions in accordance with Rule 136, paragraph 6 of the General Regulations.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
And I think that another 2nd place finish could really hurt their reputation...

Kissx3

Final Flight
Canada should definitely send Daleman if she wants it, or Chartrand. Lacoste would probably still score better considering their understandably low visibility on the scene but one of them is virtually guaranteed to be skating this competition at the Olympics beside Osmond. This being a nice low pressure senior international is a fairly good way to introduce a skater to this level as well.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In terms of the Russian men, I'd send Menshov and Voronov, as consolation for not being sent to Worlds in favour of a guy they both beat. Gachinski I think would likely refuse, it seems he is already firmly focused on next season (choroegraphing his new long and everything), so I think he wouldn't be in much of a frame of mind to head out onto the international stage again and frankly I'd rather see him stay home and make sure everything is right.

In terms of the American men...Max is a dynamo and the energizer bunny but even he's got to need a rest, he did Nats, 4CCs and Worlds in a short space of time. I don't think there'd be too many objections if Max wanted to stay home. It might be good for Ross to go out again and "get back on the horse" so to speak, but then again he must be pretty tired too. Maybe Jeremy but only if he can guarantee that it'll be his best effort, otherwise it's just pointless giving him a spot on any team. I'd be interested to see where Joshua and Jason's trainings are at. They're both post-season at hte moment but I would imagine the USFSA would have given their teams a heads-up that they may be in contention, and it would be a great way to give them Senior exposure, especially if they're both on the Senior GP next year. Ricky and Adam are other possibilities.

nadster

Final Flight
Canada should definitely send Daleman if she wants it, or Chartrand. Lacoste would probably still score better considering their understandably low visibility on the scene but one of them is virtually guaranteed to be skating this competition at the Olympics beside Osmond. This being a nice low pressure senior international is a fairly good way to introduce a skater to this level as well.

Daleman can't go ( too young ). Chartrand can go and I agree with you.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Here's the announcement for the WTT
http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=3967

"if this Skater/Couple elects in advance of the ISU World Team Trophy not to participate in the ISU World Team Trophy (for whatever reason), he/she/they will not be permitted to participate in any other competitions, shows, and exhibitions from Monday noon (March 18, 2013) after the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2013, during the ISU World Team Trophy, and until April 15, 2013."

Dai is already scheduled for a charity show in Kobe for Tohoku earthquake on March 31st. So, I assume he will be in WTT, which was kind of more than predictable considering that he is one of three ticket sellers in Japan (Mao, Dai, Plush).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
shocked but happy they will be at WTT, Im sure they will enjoy it
Japanese fans are the most appreciative audience , too bad there's no Julia :cry: , I do not want to see Leonova with her amess Season

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Adelina went to WTT last year when she was NOT eligible for Euros or Worlds so I think Julia, Pogo, and Gabby Daleman can go if the feds want to send them.

NMURA

Medalist
JSF has just announced

Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
Daisuke Takahashi, Takahito Mura
Reed/Reed
no pair

Looks like Hanyu has declined due to injury. Murakami was not chosen. Maybe because they want to "push" Mao this time. I have the impression that they used too much resources for Murakami at worlds. Takahashi/Kihara should show up at least and will be given the 6th place points.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
JSF has just announced

Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
Daisuke Takahashi, Takahito Mura
Reed/Reed
no pair

Looks like Hanyu has declined due to injury. Murakami was not chosen. Maybe because they want to "push" Mao this time. I have the impression that they used too much resources for Murakami at worlds. Takahashi/Kihara should show up at least and will be given the 6th place points.

I am shocked they didn't chose Murakami. Last year they had no problem leaving Mao home since she placed 6th at Worlds, behind Kanako and Akiko. Without any pair I am guessing they'll end up dead last in the competition. I hope Akiko can redeem herself here

NMURA

Medalist
I can understand their logic. Mao was behind Murakami in both WS and worlds placements. Suzuki has the highest WS among the Japanese right now. Even if they had given Mao the chance last year, she could have done more embarrassment. In that sense, their decision was correct.

In this year, they have nothing to lose by sending Suzuki. If Suzuki skates well, she can bring better results for the team. Otherwise, they can finally dump her. If Murakami skates poorly (as last year), her position could be threatened. I think they want to "test" Suzuki at WTT and consider Miyahara's treatment in next season. Of course, Ando must be watching closely (sitting on the fence).