World Team Trophy Entries | Page 7 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy Entries

silverlake22

Record Breaker
USFS has a bad habit of ignoring those who are on the upswing and sticking with underachievers. Jason deserves two spots. The JGP is a step down for Jason after what we saw at Jr Worlds.

Yup. Jason is looking more promising than Rippon and Miner right now. Johnson deserves a GP too, but like I mentioned, he's only eligible to SA due to no ISU SB, so there is no hope for him to get 2 GPs anyways. The only guys that deserve 2 spots before Joshua and Jason are Aaron (who has 2 locked after Worlds) and Dornbush. I think it's fine if Abbott or Miner get 2 GPs, I'm sure at least Abbott probably will, but Joshua especially and also Jason deserve 2 spots more IMO, Jason is on the upswing and Joshua was pretty good all season.

And Jason doesn't have the quad yet but it doesn't matter, he scored 154 for a FS with no quad at a junior event, while other senior guys are scoring in 120s, 130s, and low 140s a lot of the time WITH attempting quads and skating senior programs. No quad might mean he's not really in the mix for one of the 2 Olympic spots, but it certainly doesn't mean he can't hold his own on the senior GP. In the end, it comes down to racking up the most points. And Jason's PCS will help - Farris and Brown are already on about the same PCS level as Dornbush, Miner, Rippon internationally and that's likely to go up once they compete in seniors provided they skate well.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
She wasn't really good at Euros. The only her really good skating was at Nationals (all jumps landed without URs, doubling or singling triples), where she had score 5.91 less than Pogorliaya and was 6th.
Unfortunately her skating before and after Nationals was not so good (unstable jumps).

For JGP and WJC being a no-name rookie is not so serious problem as for Senior competitions. For Juniors it means about nothing.

Gosviani will likely get 1 GP, either host-pick or on her own, even though she is still young enough for JGP, that would be my guess. Pogo could do JGP again but I think she is ready for GP honestly, she seems to have a good head for competition, can do all the triples and hard combos, and is old enough for all senior events next season. Besides, girls going to the Olympics might not be assigned to Euros right before due to fear of burnout/exhaustion so someone like Pogorilaya could be sent to Euros next season or something. If I had to guess GP assignments for Russian ladies next season will look like:

2 events -
Adelina
Liza
Julia
Radionova*
Pogorilaya* (maybe just 1 event though, depends on Leonova and who moves up)

1 event -
Leonova (might get 2 even though after this season she doesn't really deserve it)
Korobeynikova
Gosviani*

Could possibly get 1 event (most likely host pick if Gosviani doesn't use that) -
Biryukova
Shelepen
Stavitskaya*
Zazeeva*
Agafonova*

* for girls who may compete on JGP again, as they are young enough by age for JGP next season and have not yet competed as seniors internationally

swurvestar

Rinkside
Yeah I'm disappointed that C/S got WTT over S/K. But I sort of understand since they won Nationals.
I will say (and probably most of you won't agree, I kow) I don't understand this new event getting added to the Olympics. I know the skaters just want a chance for more medals like gymnastics. I really think Synchro should be given a chance. I do think they should fix some rules so all their programs aren't similar though. I miss the 90s when every team was trying to put out the most creative moves instead of all doing the same thing like they do now. However, I love that Russia1 do axels in their block all at the same time. Some pairs can't manage timing like that, let alone 16 doing it at same time (yes I realize it's only a single and different).

Country
Russia
Gosviani will likely get 1 GP, either host-pick or on her own, even though she is still young enough for JGP, that would be my guess.
Because of lack of really mature Senior Ladies in Russia, it is very probable that Federation will make Senior of Gosviani.
Her 32 place in Season Best means good chance for second GP Event (by substitute) if first will be host-pick.

Pogo could do JGP again but I think she is ready for GP honestly, she seems to have a good head for competition, can do all the triples and hard combos, and is old enough for all senior events next season.
Also she is on results of this season (both National and International) 4th of Ladies who are Senior or will become Senior next season in Russua.
So she may be (if nothing seriously changes) First Substitute for Euro and Second Substitute for Olympics and Worlds.
I believe, Federation will make her Senior.
With medal of WJC (guaranteed one spot to GP) and 19th place of Season Best (maybe 20 or 21 after WTT, but in Top24) she will have two GP Events.

Besides, girls going to the Olympics might not be assigned to Euros right before
No.
At 2010 both Leonova and Makarova took place both in Euro and Olympics (and after that - in Worlds).
The same at 2006 Slutskaya and Sokolova (Slutskaya did not take place in Worlds-2006 - Olympics was her last competition).
The same at 2002.

In fact, Russia uses Euro (not so close to Olympics as 4CC) as "last qualifying Event" for Olympics.
Spot to Euro at Olympic season means possible spot to Olympics.

If I had to guess GP assignments for Russian ladies next season will look like:

2 events -
Adelina
Liza
Julia
Radionova*
Pogorilaya* (maybe just 1 event though, depends on Leonova and who moves up)
All five will have 2 Events. Only Radionova may be sent by Federation to JGP, but is it almost impossible.

1 event -
Leonova (might get 2 even though after this season she doesn't really deserve it)
Korobeynikova
Gosviani*

Could possibly get 1 event (most likely host pick if Gosviani doesn't use that) -
Biryukova
Shelepen
Stavitskaya*
Zazeeva*
Agafonova*

* for girls who may compete on JGP again, as they are young enough by age for JGP next season and have not yet competed as seniors internationally

Leonova will have 1 Event by Top24 of World Standing, 1 Event by Season Best (most probably).
Six Ladies with two Events:
Sotnikova
Tuktamysheva
Radionova
Lipnitskaia
Pogorilaya
Leonova.

Korobeynikova will have 1 Event by World Standing after season 2012/2013, she will be at Top24.

Next Russian Ladies by Season Best are:
28 - Makarova
32 - Gosviani
34 - Korobeynikova (2nd Event, most possible by Substitute)
48 - Gerasimova (she probably will be at JGP)
52 - Titushkina (JGP, not guaranteeb because of many good new Junior Ladies)
54 - Zaseeva
56 - Stavitskaia
61 - Biryukova
72 - Shershak.

Agafonova has no Season Best this season so she can not have GP Events at all.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So really, Jason can be competitive on the GP, and deserves to go, and probably deserves 2 spots more than Rippon and Miner.

I don't understand how you can say that Miner doesn't deserve two spots, but Abbott does. Seriously, that's majorly mind-boggling.

Like it or not, Ross is the silver medallist. He earned his two spots for next year and I hope he gets them. I'd love to see Jason get two, but I suspect that would likely happen more with one invitation and then a SkAm host pick.

The only guys that deserve 2 spots before Joshua and Jason are Aaron (who has 2 locked after Worlds) and Dornbush.

And this is what I'm finding especially mind-boggling. You claim Miner shouldn't get two but you think Dornbush should?!?!?!?! As in, Yawnbush? As in, fifth at Nationals, lucked into 4CCs? No.

Two GPs (IMO): Aaron, Miner, Farris

One GP (IMO): Johnson (SkAm), Abbott, Rippon, Brown (+ SkAm?), Dornbush.

Though a case could very logically be made for giving the Nationals bronze medallist two, even if he is a headcase, and easing the two Juniors in with one each.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Team Russia entries were officially approved by RusFed today. It's the same list as was originally announced: VolTran, B/S, Liza, Adelya, Max, Kostya.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Like it or not, Ross is the silver medallist. He earned his two spots for next year and I hope he gets them. I'd love to see Jason get two, but I suspect that would likely happen more with one invitation and then a SkAm host pick.
And this is what I'm finding especially mind-boggling. You claim Miner shouldn't get two but you think Dornbush should?!?!?!?! As in, Yawnbush? As in, fifth at Nationals, lucked into 4CCs? No.

That poster has an unreasoned dislike of Miner and is a fan of Dornbush. His/her right, but it really SHOULDN'T cloud their logic.

The guys (IMO) who deserve 2 based on their season/career: Aaron, Miner, Abbott, Farris, Brown
The guys who should get 1 or less: Johnson (should get host pick), Dornbush, Rippon

SkateFan66

On the Ice
With regard to host picks, it is a given that, if Lysacek plans to compete in 2013-14 and has recovered from the surgery, he will be given a host pick for Skate America.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yup. Jason is looking more promising than Rippon and Miner right now. Johnson deserves a GP too, but like I mentioned, he's only eligible to SA due to no ISU SB, so there is no hope for him to get 2 GPs anyways. The only guys that deserve 2 spots before Joshua and Jason are Aaron (who has 2 locked after Worlds) and Dornbush. I think it's fine if Abbott or Miner get 2 GPs, I'm sure at least Abbott probably will, but Joshua especially and also Jason deserve 2 spots more IMO, Jason is on the upswing and Joshua was pretty good all season.

And Jason doesn't have the quad yet but it doesn't matter, he scored 154 for a FS with no quad at a junior event, while other senior guys are scoring in 120s, 130s, and low 140s a lot of the time WITH attempting quads and skating senior programs. No quad might mean he's not really in the mix for one of the 2 Olympic spots, but it certainly doesn't mean he can't hold his own on the senior GP. In the end, it comes down to racking up the most points. And Jason's PCS will help - Farris and Brown are already on about the same PCS level as Dornbush, Miner, Rippon internationally and that's likely to go up once they compete in seniors provided they skate well.

Um, did you forget the fact that Miner is in the top 24 SB's list? Or that he's ranked above Brown at the current moment on said list by 10 points?

Or that Miner scored 160+ in his best FS this season? You are comparing Jason's best ever (as of right now) to Ross' worst this season, that's totally not cool. Also Ross scored 140ish with a UR quad in both 4CC and World's (and a popped quad at SC).

(And as I far as I know, Ross NEVER has scored below 140 in the FS this season even with his struggles late in the season).

Who's to say that Ross isn't going to improve on that quad? Or his overall presentation? He's 22, hardly old age.

I love Jason Brown and would love that he have two GPs and I think he'll do quite well in seniors, but this dumping of Miner because of a few bad competitions is just silly.

And yet you're feel that Dornbush deserves two spots over Miner when he's ALSO behind him in the SB list? (Granted not by a ton, but still...) Or that he finished three spots behind him at Nationals?

:rolleye:

ETA: We probably should start a new thread...and move these posts over...this is way off topic for WTT. Going to go ahead and start one.

ETA2: Actually bumped up the GP Speculation men's thread I started a few weeks ago. Let's discuss more over there!

With regard to host picks, it is a given that, if Lysacek plans to compete in 2013-14 and has recovered from the surgery, he will be given a host pick for Skate America.

I hope Evan does better at 2013 SA than he did in 2011 and 2012.

PftJump

On the Ice
Canada - 7,824 points
United States - 7,156 points (announced 3/20/13)
- MEN: Max Aaron, Jeremy Abbott
- LADIES: Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner
- PAIRS: Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir
- DANCE: Madison Chock/Evan Bates
Japan - 6,823 points (announced 3/20/13)
- MEN: Takahito Mura, Daisuke Takahashi (captain)
- LADIES: Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
- PAIRS: None
- DANCE: Cathy Reed/Chris Reed
Russia - 6,648 points (announced 3/20/13)
- MEN: Maxim Kovtun, Konstantin Menshov
- LADIES: Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
- PAIRS: Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov
- DANCE: Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev
France - 4,826 points
China - 4,702 points

This time... Olys' rules? or same as Last years' (was ridiculous!)?

SkateFan66

On the Ice
I hope Evan does better at 2013 SA than he did in 2011 and 2012.

Lysacek was skating well before the groin injury last year. Hope he is healed and ready to compete at 2013 SA. Lysacek could not do much worse than the Team USA men that competed at 2011 & 2012 SA. Hard to believe that, despite adding quads, no US skater has scored higher than Lysacek's personal best in an international competition.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Because of lack of really mature Senior Ladies in Russia, it is very probable that Federation will make Senior of Gosviani.
Her 32 place in Season Best means good chance for second GP Event (by substitute) if first will be host-pick.

All five will have 2 Events. Only Radionova may be sent by Federation to JGP, but is it almost impossible.

Leonova will have 1 Event by Top24 of World Standing, 1 Event by Season Best (most probably).
Six Ladies with two Events:
Sotnikova
Tuktamysheva
Radionova
Lipnitskaia
Pogorilaya
Leonova.

Korobeynikova will have 1 Event by World Standing after season 2012/2013, she will be at Top24.

Next Russian Ladies by Season Best are:
28 - Makarova
32 - Gosviani
34 - Korobeynikova (2nd Event, most possible by Substitute)
48 - Gerasimova (she probably will be at JGP)
52 - Titushkina (JGP, not guaranteeb because of many good new Junior Ladies)
54 - Zaseeva
56 - Stavitskaia
61 - Biryukova
72 - Shershak.

Agafonova has no Season Best this season so she can not have GP Events at all.

Agree about Gosviani. Even with no SB, Agafonova could still be considered for host pick, yes? Not that she is all that likely to get it, the Fed seems to have dumped her a bit and she usually doesn't skate so well until later in the season.

I hope Pogo will move up but I fear of her getting kept on JGP (or just getting 1 GP) in favor of Radionova. I really do not think Fed will keep Radionova on JGP. So anyways, 2 Russian ladies can compete at each GP with the exception of COR where there can be 3, so that means:

5 GPs x 2 ladies = 10 spots
1 GP x 3 ladies = 13 spots

So if all 6 of Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Lipnitskaya, Radionova, Leonova, Pogorilaya get 2 events, that means Korobeynikova fills the last spot and no one else can compete on GP, so Gosviani doesn't get anything, not to mention others like Makarova, Biryukova, Shelepen. Unless I'm missing something. Can 3 Russian ladies compete at all events?

Country
Russia
So anyways, 2 Russian ladies can compete at each GP with the exception of COR where there can be 3, so that means:
5 GPs x 2 ladies = 10 spots
1 GP x 3 ladies = 13 spots
No. May be not more than 3 particpiants of the same Fed at any GP Event. It is written in Announce, 2.2 (j).
A maximum of three skaters/couples from the same Member may compete in the same discipline of any individual event of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating.
So may be up to 18 spots for skaters/couples from one Fed.

This season were 3 Ladies from USA at Events 1 and 4. At Event 6 also would be 3 US Ladies if Alissa Czisny would not WD.
And 3 Ladies from Russia were at Events 2, 4, 5.