Ross Miner | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ross Miner

deedee1

Record Breaker
deedee1, I found Ross's own words on his 2018 nationals very helpful and inspiring:

https://goldenskate.com/2018/01/2018-us-nationals-men/

Doris, thanks a million. :) Yes, I was going to look for or ask someone on the forum where I can find any post-comp comments from Ross and his coaches. Not whining at all and saying 'I have no regrets', this alone proves he's sincere, classy, courageous and matured both as a person and a skater. His grace and dignity shows in his skating, that I love the most about his skating. Reading his words definitely helps me feel a little better. :thank:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
btw, GS competition articles have quotes down through the 5th or 6th place skaters, so they are always a good place to look. GS often has a press credentialed journo at events, so some of the quotes are unique to our coverage as well!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Interview with Ross in Boston. He said he does not know whether he will continue to compete. He seems a little subdued, poor guy.

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news...Miner-Shocked-by-Olympics-Snub-468535473.html

Poor Ross. He looks pissed off and he has every right to deservedly do so. He is 26 years old, so we can't expect his continuation as a competitive skater further and then the announcement would be a final blow to him. However I hope he shows another great skate at 4CC, so makes the committee regret their decision somehow. I do like all the skaters on Olympic team, but I think he should've gotten at least either Olympics or World spot.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^ I am not sure if he will even compete at 4CC. What a way to have your ego and hopes of making the team deflated by a tweet telling you only that you are an alternate.
It is obvious from his words that he thought he had a shot at the Olympic team. Apparently he did not get the memo regarding the BOW bump criteria. I feel so bad for him still.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
^ I am not sure if he will even compete at 4CC. What a way to have your ego and hopes of making the team deflated by a tweet telling you only that you are an alternate.
It is obvious from his words that he thought he had a shot at the Olympic team. Apparently he did not get the memo regarding the BOW bump criteria. I feel so bad for him still.

They mishandled the very process of making the announcement itself as well.

reneerose

Final Flight
Just saw Ross' Born to Run EX on the Smucker's Skating Spectacular. So energetic and clean. I will miss him sooo much. Still sad he wasn't sent to Worlds. Emotional fave and farewell > the crappy placement politics.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hehe, I realize I was on TV for like a brief moment! When he did that ice scrapping thing at the front row, I was right there (I got a front row ticket thanks to a friend giving it to me). That was a great EX! :love:

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Will Ross be competing at Nationals this year, I’ve not heard any news about him.

Someone above said they hope he rethinks about retirement, so I’m guessing no?

That’d be a real shame to to see him compete for at least one more season.

spiralsnowflake

Rinkside
Ross Miner was on Polina's podcast today speaking about his experience not being selected for the Olympic Team after placing second at 2018 US Nationals. He really got no attention about this after the team was picked, so it's good to hear him talk about it now! They also talk about mental training, retirement, and what he's up to now.