Ross Miner | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ross Miner

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
well my lazy *** just watched the whole men's event at SA
& wow Ross LP to Queen is absolutely fantastic!
Hopefully he wil have nice comp @ CoR & gets to perform it to full potential!
I'll root for him now!:hap10:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:slink:

I had not watched it either, because the protocols showed all the jump problems he had, and I thought, I can't watch this, besides, there are so many Queen programs this year, but based on your recommendation, Sugarpova, I watched it.

So glad I did. The jumps did suck, but the performance was amazing, musical, and heartfelt! :love::luv17: The lyrics work, the costume works.

I pray he will skate this perfectly some time this season!!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
:slink:

I had not watched it either, because the protocols showed all the jump problems he had, and I thought, I can't watch this, besides, there are so many Queen programs this year, but based on your recommendation, Sugarpova, I watched it.

So glad I did. The jumps did suck, but the performance was amazing, musical, and heartfelt! :love::luv17: The lyrics work, the costume works.

I pray he will skate this perfectly some time this season!!
yep yep
Some skater's jumps do influence the flow & the impression of the programm but he was able to rock despite them all!
& not all the Queen programs actually give them justice:slink: but this was definately it! Ross was able to imo show all Freddie's passion & charisma & I wasnt that much of a Ross fan in first place!
such a pleasant surprise to me!

luenatic

On the Ice
My favorite US man Ross skated a GREAT program at Rostelecom Cup today. Took my breath away. His skating is gorgeous in every way. To me, he has the best skating skill in the current US men lineup. The clean edges, the perfect weight transfer, the speed/power. He's the MAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK6TrESMXDs

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
I hope he does enough to remain on the podium!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am loving the NY State of Mind SP; way more than the Queen, I need to admit.

So I'm happy to see another good performance of that SP!:yahoo: Keep it up, Ross!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ross the Boss is back_!! And skating to the Billy Joel too! Great performance!!! Huge :rock: not to mention :luv17:

Last edited:

Warwick360

Medalist
The way Miner got bronze. Shocker. :shocked:

And to think I was upset over how he lost bronze to Rippon, this whole time.:palmf:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The way Miner got bronze. Shocker. :shocked:

And to think I was upset over how he lost bronze to Rippon, this whole time.:palmf:

Losing by 0.24, I was really upset. Lol I had to walk away. Came back and saw that he switched with Rippon, so happy he got bronze :yahoo:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Sign me as his fan. His connection with audience is his style is just :luv17: :laugh:

How did I miss him before? His CoR performances clearly were an eye opener to me.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sign me as his fan. His connection with audience is his style is just :luv17: :laugh:

How did I miss him before? His CoR performances clearly were an eye opener to me.

So glad you enjoyed Ross!

Ross' packaging is WAY better this season. If you compare his look to past years, he looks much more handsome and his costumes really give him a nice line. Obviously, I always appreciated his skating, but the look DOES help him with the overall impression of his programs. Also he has much more breezy programs this season -- I think he was getting the reputation of being sort of white bread.

I'm delighted to see Ross in much better form! And that 4S was so close! He had it fully rotated, so I hope he can land it next!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Some Ross history

2014 US Nationals FS, Boston. Ross is not recovered from injury, and he is presenting his program Boston Strong, a tribute to the city's recovery from the Boston Marathon bombings, about 9 months previous. Boston Strong was the name of that effort, and the ribbon design in Ross's costume is the Boston Strong emblem.

While Ross is waiting to start, he skates around the ice to the Red Sox fight song. The audience sings along like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF__vAm_qRM
with the Bombombombom and So good Soo good extra flourishes. The bombing occurred after the Red Sox opening day, and we are to picture Ross as a typical Patriots Day holiday celebrator, taking in the Sox game and then as he begins to skate, walking down to Copley Square to where the finish line of the Boston Marathon is, and where more festivities are generally in order. But then the bombs go off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPMo7r7NYSQ

Despite the flawed skating, Ross gets a huge standing ovation.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We're over the moon for Ross. Thank goodness we've been able to see him develop from being a junior (thanks to the Liberty Summer Comps).

Doris, we were proud to be part of that standing ovation for Ross @ 2014 Nationals! :love:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so happy for Ross, , its a shame about scoring mistake but i think well deserved medal, good luck at Nationals!! cant wait to see it :cheer:

luenatic

On the Ice
I'm going to Boston for Worlds this year. I'm hoping Ross will be there! I'm rooting for Ross to make the World team. :hap10: :hap10: :hap10:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Um, sorry Doris but Billy Joel is not The Boss, that would be Springsteen.

I think "Ross the Boss" is used because "Boss" rhymes with "Ross." A few seasons back, Ross did skate to a Bruce Springsteen song during the exhibition (2011 US Nationals in Greensboro, NC). Was it to "Born to Run?" I'll have to check it out! Anyway, we :love: Billy Joel, Bruce, & Ross! :hap10: