Plushenko: Chan Does Not Deserve World Title | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Plushenko: Chan Does Not Deserve World Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Chan needs to SHUT UP. IIRC, Plusy is the one with 3 olympic medals!!

Indeed. Also every single one of his titles and medals is unquestioned and uncontroversial, unlike Chan who has only 1 World title that wont be famous as one of the all time major scandals in the sport for centuries to come.

Germanice

On the Ice
I'm not a fan of Mr. Plushenko, but where he's right, he's right. Once I was a huge fan of figure skating, especially Men's. Now I hardly care anymore. The constant, rather embarrassing judge crawling right into Chan's *** is painful to watch :bang: and one huge reason to digress.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plushy is old fashioned, he gives interviews on the radio. :)On the other hand, the Gao's hashtag has become a trend on twiter.

Germanice, come back! (Maybe Yagudin will make a comeback. ;) )

You know, this sort of thing demonstrates the extra burden that lady athletes face, compared to men. Men trash talk each other and we are all like, yeah yeah, say it again!

What would we think if Zijun Li, everyone's sweetheart du jour, came out and said, I can't stand that no-ggod Yu-na Kim. :laugh:

But wait! As Seniorita points out, now comes Christina Gau. :rock:

Redstone

Rinkside
Men trash talk each other and we are all like, yeah yeah, say it again!

What would we think if Zijun Li, everyone's sweetheart du jour, came out and said, I can't stand that no-ggod Yu-na Kim. :laugh:

Makes me think that if the ISU can't be bothered to do anything to raise skating's popularity, all the athletes need to start trash-talking each other, just like they do in boxing. Just imagine what could Meryl tell Tessa and Scott's expresing all of his ~true feelings~. Oh, and an epic feud between Aliona and Maxim. That'd land some figure skating some front pages in gossip magazines (just remember what skating gained from the Tonya-Nancy shenanigans )
:biggrin:

Evgenia

Rinkside
“Denis Ten won that world championship,” Plushenko said on Twitter and accused Chan of having undue help from Skate Canada, which hosted the championships in London, Ontario.

“Patrick Chan didn’t win, his figure skating federation did! That’s my opinion as a person who knows figure skating.”
I totally agree with Plushy.

whitebamboo

On the Ice
Germanice, come back! (Maybe Yagudin will make a comeback. ;) )

You know, this sort of thing demonstrates the extra burden that lady athletes face, compared to men. Men trash talk each other and we are all like, yeah yeah, say it again!

But wait! As Seniorita points out, now comes Christina Gau. :rock:

Which is also not what Plushenko said...I'm sorry, I know I am only a new poster at these forums. But Plushenko's words were specific to this particular competition and not about Chan as a person or a skater in general.

But I don't quite get it: I guess, I don't read a huge amount of skating commentary or twitters, etc., but even I can see that the opinion Plushenko expressed was not exactly an uncommon one (whether one agrees with it or not). So, what is the big deal, anyway?

lilywang

Rinkside
But I don't quite get it: I guess, I don't read a huge amount of skating commentary or twitters, etc., but even I can see that the opinion Plushenko expressed was not exactly an uncommon one (whether one agrees with it or not). So, what is the big deal, anyway?

The big deal is that he is Plushenko, :) If he give an interview and said exactly the opposite, like Chan deserved his win blah blah, there will be equal amount of people jumping on him and that statement too. ;)

lilywang

Rinkside
The big deal is that Plushenko cannot explain himself further without hard evidence, like Phil Hersh.:disagree:

What hard evidence you are talking about? He did mentioned four major mistakes in Chan's LP in his interview. As of the twitter, I thought there is a limit on how many words you can pack into it? ;)

And for all other professionals who expressed the same opinion as Plushenko did, i.e. Elderidge, Gao etc., what extra hard evidence do they need? I think one skater put it beautifully, "I don't understand my own sport!" So now figure skating is in such a precarious state, that no athlete can voice their opinion/concern/confusion without writing an essay to back it up?

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Oh, please! I don't think you haven't read his comment yet. He has put himself into a hot water by refering Chan's win to Canadian federation's political win.

...Talk about Patrick Chan doesn't have a mouth guard!:rolleye:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
The big deal is that he is Plushenko, :) If he give an interview and said exactly the opposite, like Chan deserved his win blah blah, there will be equal amount of people jumping on him and that statement too. ;)

:thumbsup:

Which is also not what Plushenko said...I'm sorry, I know I am only a new poster at these forums. But Plushenko's words were specific to this particular competition and not about Chan as a person or a skater in general.

Quite so. I apologize if I seemed to be saying that Plushenko was dissing Chan as a person.

plushyta

On the Ice
Here are part from today's longer Plushenko's interview for russian newspaper...
http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6&start=2260#p78272

- Leaders in single men skating is better in the year?
- Yes, there was even few sensations. In particular, 2nd place of Denis Ten. He is originally from Kazakhstan, but recently him prepared a wonderful coach Frank Carroll, who were engaged with Olympic champion Evan Lysacek and other famous skaters. So, Ten skated very well. As for the world leader Patrick Chan, I liked his short program, but free has disappointed me. Javier Fernandez, on the contrary, was third, well skated free program. But still, I was filled with great respect to Brian Joubert. A real man! In his 28 years, he well skated short, then free program - did two quads. I expected the judges for this performance will put him higher. I am surprised with Daisuke Takahashi. I thought he would be among winners. So, there was happened a lot of surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.