Kanako Murakami | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Kanako Murakami

volk

Final Flight
This makes me very sad but Kanako just favorited a tweet directed to her saying that she should retire and that it's a disgrace to have her going to Worlds. :disapp:

I'm hoping Kanako favorited it so she'll use this as motivation to train harder and land on the podium at Worlds.

Kanako shouldn't be so hard on herself.:disapp:

Meoima

Match Penalty
This makes me very sad but Kanako just favorited a tweet directed to her saying that she should retire and that it's a disgrace to have her going to Worlds. :disapp:
I'm hoping Kanako favorited it so she'll use this as motivation to train harder and land on the podium at Worlds.
:disapp: Those people are more than nasty. Kanako stay strong!

chezzu

On the Ice
If you check that person's twitter it's filled with hate tweets to Kana, both to her private and public Twitter accounts. It's just nasty. I hope she stays strong and bounces back -- she has it in her. Rotate everything Kana!

skatefan22

Medalist
If you check that person's twitter it's filled with hate tweets to Kana, both to her private and public Twitter accounts. It's just nasty. I hope she stays strong and bounces back -- she has it in her. Rotate everything Kana!

Even that person's account name is murakami_disgusting. Kana, please just ignore him/her!

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
I'm not surprised that there are people out there who have this much time in their hands to create such an account. :disapp:

On a much brighter note, Kana tweeted thank you messages for all the support. No mention of those nasty tweets and she sounds happy. She has a couple of months before Worlds, so I'm sure she'll hang in there and give it her best.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm not surprised that there are people out there who have this much time in their hands to create such an account. :disapp:
On a much brighter note, Kana tweeted thank you messages for all the support. No mention of those nasty tweets and she sounds happy. She has a couple of months before Worlds, so I'm sure she'll hang in there and give it her best.
I hope she will use that tweet to fuel up her determination. There is no the end here.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I love her fashion sense. :3 She's always been very fashionable imho.

And here's something to keep us happy just like our precious Team Japan's Sunshine Princess (Queen!): she sings Nichirei's CM song!

skatefan22

Medalist
I remember squealing in delight when they showed it during JNats broadcast. It looks like a local CM in Nagoya/not shown nationwide, so imagine the fannish glee haha.

(Also, the second CM you talk about links to the same CM as the first ^^)

I just fixed it. :biggrin:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I just fixed it. :biggrin:

Thank you! :) I thought it was another CM ngl hehe

Btw, it's not a chef, but a housewife (主婦). :D It's basically a dialogue of sorts where Kana and the housewife (given a name Tanaka Yumiko, but possibly just something generic-sounding to make sure it reaches the majority of the population) tell stuff about themselves, and how it's 'juxtaposed' (i.e., Kana being good at what she does; housewife being good at preparing the same meal/menu for 2 straight days) in relation to how Nichirei (a food company) is involved in their everyday lives.

I'd translate, but I'm currently busy wolfing food down (Nichirei stuff!) and downing whiskey in my apartment while watching JP New Year TV SPs haha. But the clip is basically promoting Nichirei as part of everyday life and even the life of an athlete. :D

Overall though, I'm of the opinion that Kana should do more CMs. :) It'd get her more funding plus she's such a darling and nice to look at--she'd probably even have a future in JP entertainment if she wanted to, after retiring from competitive skating :D (But not too soon, no, not yet!)

chezzu

On the Ice
I hope Kana will stay for the next Olympic.

I'm so torn about this because the new Japanese girls, though not yet quite at Kana's performing level, have much better jump technique than she does and are likely to overtake her this quad bc judges give out PCS so easily these days, even if Kana worked hard in earning her current PCS ...

I just want her to retire happy, whenever that is. But as a selfish fan I want to see more and more and more of her programs and of her smile... I'm one who's learned to ignore her mule kick and URs over the years because she's such a good performer but ughhhh I'm so confused T_T the cruelty and reality of figure skating.

skatefan22

Medalist
Last edited: