Kanako Murakami | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Kanako Murakami

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
That is interesting. Well, I just hope Kanako finds a decent man. It is her life and wish her luck and wisdom. And by all means, focus on training and give a nice performance in worlds which will come in 3 months time.

This! Kanako deserves someone as special as she is.

I think Kanako will provide the ballast of experience to her rookie teammates at Worlds to help secure those three spots for Japan. She has been at that stage for the last four years straight after all.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Really? who is going to 4CC?

Apparently Satoko, Rika, and Yuka Nagai.

From the 2015 Japanese National Team thread:

Excerpt from NHK news website.

[...] The results are Men's 3-time National Champion Yuzuru Hanyuu, Takahiko Kozuka, and, in place of Tatsuki Machida who has declined the spot and announced his retirement, is Takahito Mura.

For the Ladies it will be Ladies' National Champion Satoko Miyahara and Rika Hongo; Kanako Murakami, who has appeared (participated) in Sochi Olympics, was also selected.

For Pairs, Narumi Takahashi and Ryuichi Kihara has again been chosen.

--

No one from the Ice Dance Teams have made it to the minimum SD score for Worlds so Japan doesn't have representatives for Ice Dance.

I haven't found official news write ups on 4CC and Junior Worlds though it should be Uno-Mura-Dice Murakami (M), Miyahara-Hongo-Nagai (L), Takahashi/Kihara (P), Reeds and Hirai/dela Asuncion (D) for 4CC; Uno-Yamamoto-Sato (M), Higuchi-Nagai-Sakamoto (L), Koga/Boudreau (P).

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Welcome. :)

Yes, it would be nice if Kanako were to defend her title at 4CC. However, as she didn't make it to the podium and even finished behind Yuka at Nationals, Kanako could have also been left off the Worlds team. I think Kanako's experience was the reason for her selection to the team for Worlds. And between Worlds and 4CC, the former is the more prestigious assignment.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, at least she's a 4CC champion, which technically is equal to European Champion. Now I hope she will aim her best for WC. :)

chezzu

On the Ice
Wow, our ship just randomly sunk. How nice. Hahaha! But Yuzukana has always been one-sided (that is, I think Yuzu likes her but not vice versa), so lol, poor Yuzu. What a bad year it has been for him XD Just kidding!

Somehow I doubt that he's the boyfriend though :eek: Buuuut as long as she's happy ^^

chezzu

On the Ice
Offtopic, but wasn't it called Maozuka? Or was that just me... And I remember, that sank as well. HAHA. Figure skating ships... sigh. At least Yuzuvier is still going strong. Just kidding!!

I really wonder who that boy is though :eek:

staccato

Rinkside
Wow, our ship just randomly sunk. How nice. Hahaha! But Yuzukana has always been one-sided (that is, I think Yuzu likes her but not vice versa), so lol, poor Yuzu. What a bad year it has been for him XD Just kidding!

Somehow I doubt that he's the boyfriend though :eek: Buuuut as long as she's happy ^^

It's not over until she's married to someone else!!!

No, but seriously, she's still 20 and finding herself. :biggrin: She and Yuzuru will find their way back to each other someday. HAHA And even if they don't, I'm sure whoever the guy is who'll claim Kanako's heart will make her very happy indeed, and that's enough for me!

(I did have a feeling that the YuzuKana ship would never leave harbor, though, when Kanako mentioned that she liked older guys...)

In any case, best of luck to Kanako when she competes at Worlds! Praying she'll get a medal there, or at least be not too far from the podium so that she'll be motivated to compete until Pyeongchang. It's too early for this bright flower to retire. :cry:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Good luck to Kanako in the Challenge Cup! Think her experience in The Ice will stand her in good stead in the Skate Battle in CC.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Yay! :cheer: Thanks for the update. I do hope we'll see the videos of her winning performances.

I looked at her protocols and saw she was only called for an underrotation in her 3T-3T combination in her SP. Hope that's a good sign.

Kurt Browning has described her as feisty so I hope she brings all that feistiness to Worlds and show that she deserves to be there.