Kanako Murakami | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kanako Murakami

makaihime

Final Flight
Kanako is a pretty girl, and as Yuzuru, very sweet.

I always wondered why JSF decided to send Yuzuru to Canada and not send Kanako? As it have been point out in that moment they both were pretty much in the same ground. Maybe because they thought that being with Mao and Akiko will be enough to help her be a better skater?

Well the reason they sent Yuzuru to Canada was because he wanted to go. (Because Javi was there aka. "the person who can do 2 different quads" :laugh:) Maybe Kanako didn't have a specific coach she wanted to go to oversea's and just wanted to stay in Japan? I honestly don't think its the JSF who didn't want to send her, because she had a lot of potential and there was no logical reason to hold back on her :)

Kanako loves skating and shes such a joy to watch, but she might not be cut out for long-term competitive skating. She looks so happy when shes just having fun and enjoying the ice without all the added pressure. I'm glad we get to see her around for another season but I don't think she's going to stick it out till 2018..

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well the reason they sent Yuzuru to Canada was because he wanted to go. (Because Javi was there aka. "the person who can do 2 different quads" :laugh:) Maybe Kanako didn't have a specific coach she wanted to go to oversea's and just wanted to stay in Japan? I honestly don't think its the JSF who didn't want to send her, because she had a lot of potential and there was no logical reason to hold back on her :)

Kanako loves skating and shes such a joy to watch, but she might not be cut out for long-term competitive skating. She looks so happy when shes just having fun and enjoying the ice without all the added pressure. I'm glad we get to see her around for another season but I don't think she's going to stick it out till 2018..

Kanako loves skating, but unlike Yuzuru, who is a competitor at heart, Kanako simply loves skating and having fun on ice. I mean, in order to win a competition, you have "die for the gold", like Yuna said about her competition in Vancouver. If it's Kanako's nature, it couldn't be changed. I hope she would be more competitive but if she likes it the current way and happy with it then I am glad for her.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Kanako is just lovely. She just cannot retire. Japan will have NOTHING left. Baby Miyahara will not do it for me, sorry.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
^Yes, don't really see the it-factor in Satoko. Her jumps are tiny. It's always strange to me that Kanako has so many problems with underrotation when to me it seems she has big powerful jumps. But that's anotherfactor of figure skating that leaves me puzzled a lot, skaters loose 20 points and I just don't see it. It is certainly not the way to get more fans into figure skating.

I don't think you have to have the mindest "I'd die for Gold" to win competitions. I don't think that Carolina Kostner for example thinks "I would do anything for the Gold!" and Kanako has already won competitions! I think living a normal life with going to university, having a laugh with friends, her family and being in Japan are simply more important to Kanako. For me that's the healthiest lifestyle, because you never know what happens if your skating career stops. Some seem to fall into a big hole. She is critzised for it, I think even Yamada-coach said that Kanako lacks ambition. But what can you do? I for one am glad she didn't go to BOrser. I doubt I would like her programs as much, and not every skater in the World should be trained by North America/Russian coaches. I like to see japanese coaches on the World Stage, so that they maybe one day can even make a name for themselves internationally. So that skaters from other countries come to them instead. It will be a slow process, but I think it can be done. Kanako herself said she would actually like to be a coach! I'm glad that she's the faithful type, even if that might mean she won't win any title in her remaining career. (And I'm not convinced. I mean, she obviously knows her weaknesses and her team will work on them)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Yes Kanako by talent and competitive pedigree (only Japanese lady besides Mao to win a senior international title I think in the last two years or so) should be the Japanese no. 1 if Mao retires. I hope the JSF fully backs her up. So much uncertainty re the Japanese ladies right now!

lbc2138

On the Ice
^Yes Kanako by talent and competitive pedigree (only Japanese lady besides Mao to win a senior international title I think in the last two years or so) should be the Japanese no. 1 if Mao retires. I hope the JSF fully backs her up. So much uncertainty re the Japanese ladies right now!

It troubles me so. I've read on other threads that it's the "End of the Asian Era"

But then again, the poster was Russian -_-

makaihime

Final Flight
Hi makaihime! I'm just confused as to what you mean by your question. Can you please help me out? Thanks!

Oh, I just meant that people are saying the ladies podium will no longer be dominated by Asian ladies, but on the men's side its looks like to be dominated by Asian men :laugh:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Oh thank you for the clarification. I hope Kanako will help prove them wrong (re Asian women not anymore making it to the podium).

lbc2138

On the Ice
^Oh thank you for the clarification. I hope Kanako will help prove them wrong (re Asian women not anymore making it to the podium).

Let's hope for the best! Asia's strong presence in the sport overall speaks volumes of their prowess. I hope to see more young talent emerge with Kana leading the Japanese skaters :)

rainingstar

Rinkside
It would be lovely to watch Kanako and Yuzuru skate together in the future. :love: They just seem to have a genuine relationship.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^They skated together in recent ice shows but in a group number. At the Worlds gala, Yuzuru was paired with Mao and then Julia, while Kanako I think was paired with Tatsuki. I hope we get to see her and Yuzuru together (just the two of them) on ice at least one more time before Kanako retires (says she'll stay on for one more season though I hope she'll continue until the 2018 Olympics). I would love to is to see them both as national champions this year. :)

rainingstar

Rinkside
^They skated together in recent ice shows but in a group number. At the Worlds gala, Yuzuru was paired with Mao and then Julia, while Kanako I think was paired with Tatsuki. I hope we get to see her and Yuzuru together (just the two of them) on ice at least one more time before Kanako retires (says she'll stay on for one more season though I hope she'll continue until the 2018 Olympics). I would love to is to see them both as national champions this year. :)

Yes, you're right. :love: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will continue to skate until 2018 Olympics. She has a big potential and I'll be rooting for her next season. Go Kanako!!!

lbc2138

On the Ice
Yes, you're right. :love: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will continue to skate until 2018 Olympics. She has a big potential and I'll be rooting for her next season. Go Kanako!!!

I hope so too. As much as I love Kanako, she needs helps on her jumps. I think this was already discussed in another thread about her but she got sooo many underrotation calls :\

Especially with the new penalty for lutzes and flips, she's going to have to work hard on not flutzing her jumps. I hope she gains a bit of a fighting spirit for Akiko who's retired and for Mao if she decides to sit this season out.