Kanako Murakami | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Kanako Murakami

skatefan22

Medalist
They didn't choose the saem assignment. JSF assigned them IIRC. NHK is a must for them since Mao and Dai are not there, who is gonna help JSF sell ticket. It must be Yuzuru and Kanako. It's like obligation.

I heard that GP assignment is decided by both the skaters and the organizers. Skaters can express their preferences while organizers sending out invitations. If NHK and COC are indeed solely a decision of JSF, then it is still a nice coincidence, considering they haven't had the same assignments for a quite a while. :laugh:

GF2445

Record Breaker
^ @_@ that price!!!
Still... this season too many drop-out I am so sad. I hope Kanako will get the gold at NHK, the field is quite open there. Gracie can win if she lands all of her jumps but she rarely. Satoko can make it but it also depends on how the tech panel look over her small jumps. :think: If Kanako skates her best she can make it.

I agree. She can make it. Its all about her jumps and her technique.

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
I agree. She can make it. Its all about her jumps and her technique.

I won't put to much expectation on her though I really want her to win. She tend to UR her jump and I don't really like her FS program. (Love her SP thou..)
Based on the score, Satoko got higher score than Kanako. But I hope they both can go thru the final!

Meoima

Match Penalty
I heard that GP assignment is decided by both the skaters and the organizers. Skaters can express their preferences while organizers sending out invitations. If NHK and COC are indeed solely a decision of JSF, then it is still a nice coincidence, considering they haven't had the same assignments for a quite a while. :laugh:
I think CoC is a must for most No.1 skaters of each fed this season because WC will be in Shanghai.
Yulia, Kovtun...are also there simply for that reason IMO. So it's understandable that both Yuzuru and Kanako were assigned to CoC and NHK since NHK is their home event and they replace Mao, Dai to attract the audience, while CoC is to get familiar with the arena and Shanghai ice IMO.

chezzu

On the Ice
Reviving this thread!! :) So excited to see her in this weekend's NHK trophy; pe she does well!

foruiz

Final Flight
Ganbatte kudasai Kana! I will rush home immediately tomorrow, hope I get to catch NHK on time.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
With a surging Satoko and Kanako's avowed wish to make it to the GPF in probably her last year in competition, the pressure is on Kanako. Wishing that she rises to the challenge with courage, grit, and grace before her home crowd. You can do it, Kanako!

chezzu

On the Ice
I just love her so much, her program was exquisite and I thought the UR on the 2nd 3T was too harsh!!
I hope she can do spectacularly tomorrow, I know how much she wants to get into the GPF. Go Kana!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Splendid SP skate from Kanako and within four points from the virtual co-leaders Gracie and Alena. Yay!

I think we just saw Kanako the competitor, her resolve and strength carrying her through even as she performed her SP with lightness and grace. Please please also bring it on in the free. (Steeling myself to like Kanako's POTO LP so there will be no impediment in sending positive energy her way.

chezzu

On the Ice
Her LP is really bad this year, especially when compared to her past few LPs... I laugh every time it reaches the part where it keeps repeating "I am the angel of music" lol.

Still, here's hoping she does well tomorrow. She's really lovely when she smiles~

gotoschool

Medalist
I loved Kanako's SP performance! I thought it was the best. Her jumps were so high and fluid and she held her exits wonderfully with beautiful extensions throughout, lovely arm gestures, great depth of emotion and expression, and the best Biellmann spin I have ever seen her do. This is my favorite SP program this season. Japanese ladies were underscored at Worlds earlier this year, so I think it is a trend that is continuing at the NHK.

Whatever the final results, thank you Kanako for such a beautiful performance! I will be watching this one again. I hope you can go clean tomorrow and show everyone how wonderful your skating can be like you did today.

Last edited: