14 176.82 Kaetlyn OSMOND
21 165.03 Mae Berenice MEITE
39 149.39 Gabrielle DALEMAN
42 148.34 Kexin ZHANG
53 143.74 Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It doesn't mean so much.
Miyahara won Suzuki at Nationals. Gabrielle Daleman was ahead Miyahara at JrWorlds.
Does it mean that Daleman has good chance to win Susuki?
Of course no.

Lenaelle was 11th at Euro (7 place SP, 14 place FS, 143.74 total) - very good result for her. Her score at JGP Events this season - 117.03 and 124.53.
Her problem - not so good FS after better SP.

I don't wait high results from her.

Daleman does have a chance to beat Suzuki as do other skaters should Suzuki skate the way she did at Worlds. I doubt Suzuki will though... especially with home ice. I was just pointing out the results... I think we can all agree that Suzuki will likely beat Daleman and Lenaelle G-G.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Worlds was the only bad competition for Suzuki this season (two GP silvers, GPF bronze, 4CC silver), and she always seems to skate well in Japan. Suzuki's score at Worlds (164 and change) beats Daleman's JW score by 15 points.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Worlds was the only bad competition for Suzuki this season (two GP silvers, GPF bronze, 4CC silver), and she always seems to skate well in Japan. Suzuki's score at Worlds (164 and change) beats Daleman's JW score by 15 points.

Suzuki also finished 4th at the Japanese Nationals too so she's been a bit up and down this year.

LRK

Record Breaker
Ladies Season Best

2 205.45 Mao ASADA
4 193.99 Adelina SOTNIKOVA
5 190.63 Ashley WAGNER
6 190.08 Akiko SUZUKI
8 188.85 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
9 184.25 Gracie GOLD
10 183.85 Zijun LI
14 176.82 Kaetlyn OSMOND
21 165.03 Mae Berenice MEITE
39 149.39 Gabrielle DALEMAN
42 148.34 Kexin ZHANG
53 143.74 Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY

That's really interesting... Is Gabrielle Daleman's score from a junior competition, though? I'm wondering because - if I've understood correctly? - juniors have fewer elements? So, given she skates similarly, would her score be somewhat higher?

Re Mae-Berenice - I think it was at TEB (if I recall correctly), that I enjoyed her skating the most. She really seemed to give her all in the free - in Euros & Worlds her skating seemed to me a bit more... tentative, perhaps? As if she weren't letting her personality shine through, quite?

Re Akiko - Worlds' was just so sad! She has skated that program so delightfully this season at other competitions - I hope she's back to her old self at WTT. :)

rvi5

On the Ice
That's really interesting... Is Gabrielle Daleman's score from a junior competition, though? I'm wondering because - if I've understood correctly? - juniors have fewer elements? So, given she skates similarly, would her score be somewhat higher?
Yes, Junior Worlds 2013.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There's an extra spin in a senior FS compared to a junior FS. That would add 3-4 points, depending on how good a spinner a skater is. So Daleman's JW score of 149 might be 153 with an extra spin, which still doesn't come close to Leonova's 164 for a poor skate. That's because Daleman will not get the high PCS scores Leonova gets.

LRK

Record Breaker
There's an extra spin in a senior FS compared to a junior FS. That would add 3-4 points, depending on how good a spinner a skater is. So Daleman's JW score of 149 might be 153 with an extra spin, which still doesn't come close to Leonova's 164 for a poor skate. That's because Daleman will not get the high PCS scores Leonova gets.

Leonova? Why Leonova?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Leonova? Why Leonova?

My point was that Daleman's JW score was 15 points less than Leonova's Worlds score, and Leonova did a dismal job at Worlds. Compare Daleman's adjusted JW score of 153 to these Worlds scores: Suzuki 164.5, Meiti 165, Tuktamysheva 174, Sotnikova 175, Osmond 176, Li 183, Gold 184, Wagner 187, Asada 196. Gabrielle can probably beat Gilleron-Gorry (134 Nationals) and Kexin Zhang (139, Worlds).

LRK

Record Breaker
My point was that Daleman's JW score was 15 points less than Leonova's Worlds score, and Leonova did a dismal job at Worlds. Compare Daleman's adjusted JW score of 153 to these Worlds scores: Suzuki 164.5, Meiti 165, Tuktamysheva 174, Sotnikova 175, Osmond 176, Li 183, Gold 184, Wagner 187, Asada 196. Gabrielle can probably beat Gilleron-Gorry (134 Nationals) and Kexin Zhang (139, Worlds).

Thanks for the explanation; I was quite confused and wondered if there was a point I was missing - and there was. So thanks again for clarifying. :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It will be a good experience for Dailman but it is hard to gage how she will fair here - hopefully it will be a positive growing experience.

xiangfuzi

On the Ice

There is no extra spin but an extra choreographic step sequence in a senior FS compared to a junior FS. That would add 2 points in BV and 2-4 in totel TES,but I suppose Daleman will got no more than 3 points in ChSq.

rvi5

On the Ice
ISU Technical Requirements, List of required elements, 2012_2013 Season

Ladies Senior Short (Max 2 min 50 secs)

a) Double or Triple Axel
b) Triple Jump immediately preceded by connecting steps and/or other comparable free skating movements
c) Jump combination consisting of a double jump and a triple jump, or two triple jumps
d) Flying spin
e) Layback or sideways leaning spin
f) Spin Combination with only one change of foot
g) Step Sequence fully utilizing the ice surface

Junior Ladies Short (Max 2 min 50 secs)

a) Double or Triple Axel
b) Double or Triple Flip Jump immediately preceded by connecting steps and/or other comparable free skating movements
c) Jump combination consisting of 2 double jumps, or one double and one triple jump, or two triple jumps
d) Flying Camel spin
e) Layback or sideways leaning spin
f) Spin Combination with only one change of foot
g) Step Sequence fully utilizing the ice surface

Ladies Senior Free (4.00 mins +/- 10 secs)

• Maximum of 7 jump elements, one of which must be an Axel type jump and a maximum of 3 jump combinations or sequences. If in combination, 1 may consist of 3 jumps and the others of only 2 jumps.
• Maximum of 3 spins, one of which must be a spin combination (min 10 revs in total), one a flying spin (min. 6 revs in total), and one a spin with only one basic position (min. 6 revs in total).
Maximum of 1 step sequence
Maximum of 1 Choreographic spiral sequence

Junior Ladies Free (3.5 mins +/- 10 secs)

• Maximum 7 jump elements, one of which must be an Axel type jump and a maximum of 3 jump combinations or sequences. If in combination, 1 may consist of 3 jumps and the others of only 2 jumps.
• Maximum of 3 spins, one of which must be a spin combination (min. 10 revs in total), one a flying spin or spin with a flying entrance (min 6 revs in total), and one a spin with only one basic position (min. 6 revs in total).
Maximum of 2 step sequences. The first skated will be awarded a level of difficulty and the second a fixed base value as a Choreographic step sequence and a GOE from the judges.

http://lambcoskating.co.uk/singles/isu-technical-requirements-2012_2013-season/

ETA:

It appears there are various differences between a Senior and Junior program. In some jumps, the Junior skater may choose to use doubles instead of triples. In other areas, Juniors must perform specific jumps or spins, while Seniors have more flexible options.

To properly analyze Gabrielle's score if she had skated a Senior program instead, you would need to determine what she did perform in the Junior program. Compare that with the Senior requirements, and remove/add elements that would maximize her potential score. This would require a more intimate knowledge of what she has in her arsenal of jumps, spins, etc. The analysis would need to be performed for both her long and short programs.

The way the scoring goes, skakers like Daleman who are not in the mix for the podium can still contribute to a team victory. Even finishing 11th instead of 12th gets an extra point.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
The way the scoring goes, skakers like Daleman who are not in the mix for the podium can still contribute to a team victory. Even finishing 11th instead of 12th gets an extra point.
Yes, and that's the best thing about the WTT rules: all the skaters count, not only the best ones!

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Yuna fan" is personally derogative. It connotes YuNa's seemingly detached facial expressions when she skates; YuNa uses her body rather than her face to express her music.

That's not how I understand the term"Yuna fan." It means someone who is kind of a superfan--someone who will cheer for Yu Na no matter what and never see anything less than perfection in her skating.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
That's not how I understand the term"Yuna fan." It means someone who is kind of a superfan--someone who will cheer for Yu Na no matter what and never see anything less than perfection in her skating.

I also think that's derogatory, since it's implying they are mindlessly cheering somebody on. There are plenty of people on this forum who will cheer for skaters no matter what and I doubt they'd be appreciated being called Chanbots/Takahashibots/Maobots/Plushenkobots, etc. It's not because they're being robotic about it, it's because they enjoy watching that skater.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Weeee, Jeremy and Max, good picks:yay: Now I have to root for US to win. At least they should go for the team spirit price :laugh:

I predict Russia to win. Some skaters should be really motivated to prove themselves.

Hard to predict though. It comes down to motivation/tiredness/focusing... not thinking of holidays, and next season.

:popcorn: if I can watch... Will there be a thread somewhere(under other events perhaps?)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I also think that's derogatory, since it's implying they are mindlessly cheering somebody on. There are plenty of people on this forum who will cheer for skaters no matter what and I doubt they'd be appreciated being called Chanbots/Takahashibots/Maobots/Plushenkobots, etc. It's not because they're being robotic about it, it's because they enjoy watching that skater.

Back in the day us Kwan fans were called a number of imo derogatory names but we did not care because we knew Michelle was
Kwanderful and that the folks that did not get Kwan were just Kwanfused. ;)

My favorite nicknames are "Cone-heads" (Sasha Cohen-heads), "Butt-heads" (Jeff Buttle fans), and "Mao-sketeers."