2013 Skate America to be held in Detroit | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2013 Skate America to be held in Detroit

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I believe the "official" hotel was announced as the DoubleTree in nearby Dearborn, MI. The Westin downtown is most likely sold out because of the marathon race scheduled for October 20. The Skate America website is down for maintenance, but there is the possibility that USFSA will come up with some discounts on downtown hotels and announce those on the website.

kiri433

Rinkside
Could anyone please tell me if the Skate America site will be the ice hockey size? I'm assuming so because it's the home rink for Detroit Red Wings. So it's going to be that size unless there is a magical way to extend the width to 30m, right?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think you probably answered your question - its a National Hockey League rink for an NHL team so it is probably 200 x 85ft. I don't know, but doubt, if there is anyway to expand the size.

Maybe someone else would have more info!

kiri433

Rinkside
I think you probably answered your question - its a National Hockey League rink for an NHL team so it is probably 200 x 85ft. I don't know, but doubt, if there is anyway to expand the size.

Maybe someone else would have more info!

Thank you! Since I don't know anything about hockey rinks, I thought, maybe, maybe there IS a way to expand it somehow. I guess not.:rolleye: