What programs do you find consoling? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

What programs do you find consoling?

figuristka

Medalist
Went to a wonderful SOI show tonight. So memorable, every performance great. Though Jeffrey's program which i posted earlier was the most touching http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7-TDjXB4xQ it was a program i watched and loved which i did find consoling. Iam glad i got this beautiful program and also other wonderful performances to watch on the same day we find out my dad's cancer is in remission. They will check up in 5 months just to be safe. Thought i might not have made the show as have the flu but was well worth it.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great news about your Dad figuristka.

Beautifully skated program by Jeff! He is really good medicine for the soul.

efl

Spectator
Thanks. Jeff's program is very consoling, and so is G/G's Out of Tears.

Figuristka, I'm glad to hear the good news about your father. This year you can celebrate Father's Day with extra enthusiasm.

figuristka

Medalist
Thanks demarinis5 and Olympia. Feel very fortunate to have my dad in better health. I think also going to a live show or skating yourself can be really uplifting for difficult times.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I am not sure if "consoling" is the correct word, but I've always found Brian Orser's program "The Story of My Life" very moving. He of course dedicated it to his mom after losing her to cancer. He first skated the program after coming second at the Olympics to Brian Boitano to thank his Canadian fans for their support over the years. I think it is one of his finest programs...enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APVBE0qKJ4s

skateluvr

Record Breaker
ty all. great new figuristika. Lad, Buttle is on my top 20 faves forever. Being a pro, we see how he loves to skate and show others the passion. He's one of Canada's great male dynasty, long may he skate!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not sure if "consoling" is the correct word, but I've always found Brian Orser's program "The Story of My Life" very moving. He of course dedicated it to his mom after losing her to cancer. He first skated the program after coming second at the Olympics to Brian Boitano to thank his Canadian fans for their support over the years. I think it is one of his finest programs...enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APVBE0qKJ4s

magnificent, stunning, poignant program from Brian. I always loved it! :)

ty all. great new figuristika. Lad, Buttle is on my top 20 faves forever. Being a pro, we see how he loves to skate and show others the passion. He's one of Canada's great male dynasty, long may he skate!

Jeff is wonderful! :agree:

Jeffrey sure is one in a great line of extraordinary male skaters in Canada. I'm always amazed to contemplate Canada's male skaters. Not only do they form an almost unbroken heritage going back beyond Toller Cranston to Don Jackson, but each one of them is individual and different. One need only compare Toller, Brian, and Kurt to see that there's no comparison except their excellence.