Short Morozov Interview Regarding his Skaters' Placement at Worlds. | Golden Skate

Short Morozov Interview Regarding his Skaters' Placement at Worlds.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I used Google translator, and it came out that Alena wants to work on a 3A this summer?? I think it's a translation mistake because she usually makes mistakes even in the 2A...

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If I were one of his skaters, I might ask myself why all the talented skaters in his stable are not in the ascendancy...

He's got some terrific athletes, yet all of them underperformed at the most important event of the year.

I'm not saying ISU has turned on Morozov, but something has led to these across-the-board results... training and preparation perhaps?

bramweld

Record Breaker
^^ Injuries, nerves, age maybe? Inexperience and or some questionable calls on his part may also have done them in. However, they all had their bright moments. They need to aim for consistency next season. The one that consistently under performed for the whole year was Leonova. She will have a very difficult time making the Olympic team next season, if its even possible. Why did she not get into shape until the very end of the season? She seems to abhor working with a very stern coach (her previous coach) so she goes to Morozov but yet she herself doesn't do what she needs to. I wish them well for the coming year:)

gmyers

Record Breaker
Now leonova knows that tuktamisheva and sotnikova aren't that much of a career killer at all with leonova beating one of them in the sp and coming close to beating the other. 9th and 10th vs 13! Big deal. Leonova accomplished a world silver and then her "betters" really weren't so great and lost Russia a place. So everyone was wrong really. Liza and Adelina aren't so much better than she is and she can go to Sochi just as much as they can.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Piseev said to Echo of Moscow that Morozov "failed everything this season". I wonder if it's just harsh interview words or there will be some changes done by RusFed in Morozov's group after WTT.
http://www.echo.msk.ru/sounds/1035504.html
Interesting and sadly true: the only skater that had a very good competition has been Amodio at Euros 2013; I/K at Euros received very high marks and a very good placement, but their programs could have been A LOT better... All the other skaters and performances: :disapp:

bramweld

Record Breaker
The Russian FED has been waiting a long time to put Morozov in his place; added bonus it takes the spotlight off the Kovtun/Menchov fiasco. All his comments came before Morozov even discussed the issues within the group. Russians always strike me to be myopic at best never really giving much thought to the bigger picture. What a perfect way to promote your own coaches and athletes just before the start of the Olympic season. Yes, mistakes were made this season but a lot of this should be discussed in private, IMHO. Risks were taken that many didn't like but that doesn't make everything a failure. No wonder Gorshkov's main goal for the athletes at WTT is for them to become a team. http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20130322/652644149.html Their elders haven't a clue how to do so. I wish the entire team well at WTT and in Sochi.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Interesting and sadly true: the only skater that had a very good competition has been Amodio at Euros 2013; I/K at Euros received very high marks and a very good placement, but their programs could have been A LOT better... All the other skaters and performances: :disapp:

Like amodios programs were better? I/k won the fd. Biggest success of the season totally.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Piseev said to Echo of Moscow that Morozov "failed everything this season". I wonder if it's just harsh interview words or there will be some changes done by RusFed in Morozov's group after WTT.
http://www.echo.msk.ru/sounds/1035504.html

Piseev should be fired. He was in charge for Vancouver. Gorshkov is responsible for London worlds. Russian fs was a huge disaster in singles and they won't take any responsibility.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I always had the impression Gorshkov was handling all
Piseev was just the PR ? Gorshkov is the better of the two anyways

iskate

On the Ice
I used Google translator, and it came out that Alena wants to work on a 3A this summer?? I think it's a translation mistake because she usually makes mistakes even in the 2A...

Not a translation mistake - the interviewer says something about how Alena has said she wants to try new things over the summer - for example, the triple axel. But I think it was the interviewer who was suggesting it, rather than implying that Alena herself said she wants to try 3A...

If she does want to work on 3A..... uhh :slink:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Why not? She's a real contender for the Sochi Olympic team and she might as well experiment with some technical upgrades to make it more likely. Russian ladies were a thoroughly unspectacular 9,10, and 13. Why would Leonova say "I'm done" with the competition she's facing from eligibles. Watch next years Russian podium be all radionova, shoshnikova, and medvedeva!!

bramweld

Record Breaker
Not a translation mistake - the interviewer says something about how Alena has said she wants to try new things over the summer - for example, the triple axel. But I think it was the interviewer who was suggesting it, rather than implying that Alena herself said she wants to try 3A...

If she does want to work on 3A..... uhh :slink:

Come on we know she didn't say that. She can't even handle a simple 3S, 3L or even a 2A. If she did she's not really serious, she's just spewing PR. I can see it already the deer in the headlights look just before she falls and flops on every jump thereafter its not worth the risk. She needs to perfect what she already has and try to get choreography that can show off her style. The question is because of how poorly she's done this year, I can't even guess what that might be. Is it still perk?

gmyers

Record Breaker
She won world silver with most definite not perk! She displayed such amazing range in her recent free skates so she can excel with witches or drama and it can be anything. I would go for more of what made her world silver medalist. She can do 5 triples so she has the tech at her best.

yuki

Final Flight
She won world silver with most definite not perk! She displayed such amazing range in her recent free skates so she can excel with witches or drama and it can be anything. I would go for more of what made her world silver medalist. She can do 5 triples so she has the tech at her best.

No, she can do 4 triples, since she flutzes. If you are going to put down other skates for that same error, you should apply the same criticism across the board.

gmyers

Record Breaker
No, she can do 4 triples, since she flutzes. If you are going to put down other skates for that same error, you should apply the same criticism across the board.

I do I always try to say a triple but with a Flutz so like 5 triples but one has a Flutz flaw. The problem was that Mao was doubling almost all her lutzes so she rarely did one and if she did one I would be like Flutz plus 4 triples. Mao tries to make up for it 3a so It evens out. I pointed out leonovas Flutz if not in this thread Then the other one. I do include it.

And with Mao she was underrotating a lot of triples and if someone underrotates I exclude that from counting as a triple. 3< is not a triple 3<< is definitely Not a triple