Stars Next JGP Season ? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Stars Next JGP Season ?

KKonas

Medalist
Just so.

If either Jason Brown (possible) or Joshua Farris (not likely) return to the JGP, I think they will continue to do well.

Are Blommaert & Annabelle Prölß & Ruben Blommaert age eligible?

Blommaert turned 21 on 5 March this year?

Likewise, I would not be surprise if Kaitlyn Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker to use their extra year of dance eligibility in Juniors (if they are still eligible?) to do well.
The team has not been together a full year yet, and really did very well on the JGP last year.

Don't know about Brown, but Farris should do Sr GP for sure. Think Baker is terrific and I hope he and Hawayek can stay Jr as they need another season at that level to set themselves up for the senior level after Sochi.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Just so.

Are Blommaert & Annabelle Prölß & Ruben Blommaert age eligible?

Blommaert turned 21 on 5 March this year?

that would a disappointing, would love for them to get one last JGP eligiblity, Anabelle is still 13 I think,
they really are a future for German Pairs, love the 3 twist and high throws, hopefully Anabelle doesn't grow any taller

Jason Brown in another JGP is another regression imo
he is ready for seniors

Hawayek-Baker are very technical but I think their progress will be hampered by their height similarities
that's why I think they are not potential JGP stars or even in seniors

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just so.

If either Jason Brown (possible) or Joshua Farris (not likely) return to the JGP, I think they will continue to do well.

Jason has said he will do whatever USFS wants him to do. In a way, if he stays JGP one more year while firming up his 3a and working on a quad, that might be the best way to prepare for the post-Olympic season when many of the top men will have left the eligible ranks.

Likewise, I would not be surprise if Kaitlyn Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker to use their extra year of dance eligibility in Juniors (if they are still eligible?) to do well. The team has not been together a full year yet, and really did very well on the JGP last year.

They finished 7th in their first JW despite having a mistake in the SD and could have a great future if he could grow a little taller and she stops growing. They are almost the same size, and though Jean-Luc seems to have no trouble lifting Kaitlyn, if she gets any bigger he will have to find a new partner.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason will be wasted on the JGP. With the way US Men are at this point he can beat about 90% of them when he's on. If he gets a quad he's top 4 material easily if not higher.

jaylee

Medalist
Of course so.

But Radionova is a star, and she will be in history of FS, even if Triglav Trophy-2013 will be her last competition.

Radionova is definitely a star. Adelina and Elizaveta better be looking over their shoulders!

Does anyone know if Radionova will be moving up to the senior GP next season, or returning to the JGP?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Jason will be wasted on the JGP. With the way US Men are at this point he can beat about 90% of them when he's on. If he gets a quad he's top 4 material easily if not higher.

Agreed, It will be a regression if they have Brown stay in another JGP
besides its time to make room for the younger kids, he'll be out of place competing with 14/15 year olds

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Men are eligible for the JGP if they haven't turned 19 by July 1, 2013. Jason Brown turned 18 in December.
He's not out of place in the JGP, and as for moving over for younger guys, the new Junior champ Vincent Zhou won't be eligible for the JGP until the 2014-2015 season, and some of the other juniors from nationals have already aged out.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Men are eligible for the JGP if they haven't turned 19 by July 1, 2013. Jason Brown turned 18 in December.
He's not out of place in the JGP, and as for moving over for younger guys, the new Junior champ Vincent Zhou won't be eligible for the JGP until the 2014-2015 season, and some of the other juniors from nationals have already aged out.

18 and still JGP, Han Yan at least who is younger has already competed in a senior competition internationally
I think it's better if he does Senior GP and compete in Junior Worlds 2014

silverlake22

Record Breaker

I agree but it doesn't matter. Josh Farris was like the 2nd or 3rd best skater among senior US men this season and he competed on JGP, the same was true of Richard Dornbush in 2010-2011. I hope Jason competes on the GP but USFS might advise him not to unless he is okay with only getting 1 GP assignment, there is a chance he could get 2, but I doubt he would get a host pick at SA because those will likely go to Johnson (no SB so no other chance at GP but obviously deserves one) and Rippon (not on top 24 SB or WS events, so does not have even 1 event secured, so given host spots are assigned 1st, I think he will be given one just so that he gets at least one GP birth because he is still in the mix for the Olympic team). Jason will have 1 GP secured due to top 24 lists, so that's why I don't think he will be given a host spot, especially b/c USFS is probably not really even considering sending him to Sochi anyways, so he might decide 2 JGPs and a likely trip to the JGPF is a better bet than 1 senior GP (like I said, he could get 2, but there's no way to know if he will).

In any event, JGP vs. GP does not matter for someone like Brown, with 2 spots on the Olympic team there are truly only 4 guys in consideration for the spots: Aaron, Abbott, Dornbush, Lysacek.

With Rippon, Miner, and Farris maybe having a 5% chance combined to make the team but again I doubt it, not after the seasons Rippon and Miner had and not with Farris being junior this season, always falling on his quad, and getting lower components than Aaron and Miner at Nationals.

No one else really has any shot at all I would say.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason Brown is in the top 24 on both lists: #20 on the updated WR, and #22 on SB, so it is possible he will get two invitations to the GP. But without a quad, he is unlikely to win a medal on the GP, whereas in the JGP he is sure to medal in his events and possibly win the JGPF. Then if he finishes high enough at Nationals, he can go to 4CC, since the Olympic-bound US men will skip 4CC in Taiwan. The top Canadian men will also skip 4CC, too, so there is opportunity for a high placement for Jason.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason Brown is in the top 24 on both lists: #20 on the updated WR, and #22 on SB, so it is possible he will get two invitations to the GP. But without a quad, he is unlikely to win a medal on the GP, whereas in the JGP he is sure to medal in his events and possibly win the JGPF. Then if he finishes high enough at Nationals, he can go to 4CC, since the Olympic-bound US men will skip 4CC in Taiwan. The top Canadian men will also skip 4CC, too, so there is opportunity for a high placement for Jason.

Why should having no quad stop Jason from being on the GP next season? Lots of skaters including US skaters don't have quads.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I saw Polina Edmunds at Nationals. Her free program was beautiful - light and ethereal. I was surprised she hadn't been in the JGP last year. I don't know about her consistency but I was impressed at Nationals.

Concerning Nathan Chen and Vincent Zhou. At nationals, Nathan was sick. He said afterward that he had overcome the injury and had been training well. Even had his 3axel back. He was very disappointed in his performance. Aratunian said that he was trying to get Nathan to not be quite such a workaholic. Aratunian thought that Nathan's problems came from his overworking the beginning of the season and not being able to manage his energy throughout the year.

As for Zhou - he has some growing to do as well. Who knows what challenges he will face. Only time will tell for both Chen and Zhou. In 2018 we may see both of them on the Olympic Team - or neither.

murtle92

Spectator
I wouldn't be counting out Nam Nguyen from Canada....sure he's a tad inconsistent but remember he's young and I really think he could come into his own this season (plus now he's had a full season under Orser)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Welcome to Golden Skate murtle92! Post long and often.

Yes, Nguyen is another talented kid! Is his 3A consistent yet, do you know?

Country
Russia
maybe 2014 or 2015
but she has no unique style if compared to other younger girls like Sakhanovich, Sotskova or Medvedeva
This season Gerasimova, Stavitskaia, Miyabi Oba, Rika Hongo, Barbie Long got medals of JGP Events.
If they could - Proklova also can.
May be, more serious problem for her is to get JGP Event. Too many talented young girls in Russia now.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
This season Gerasimova, Stavitskaia, Miyabi Oba, Rika Hongo, Barbie Long got medals of JGP Events.
If they could - Proklova also can.
May be, more serious problem for her is to get JGP Event. Too many talented young girls in Russia now.

but not consistent enough, also if Natalia Ogororeltseva gets back to her old form , 3lo-3lo and 3lz-3lo like she did recently
then she has a better chance than Gerasimova, Stavitskaia , Titushkina, Hongo, Oba etc.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I saw Polina Edmunds at Nationals. Her free program was beautiful - light and ethereal. I was surprised she hadn't been in the JGP last year. I don't know about her consistency but I was impressed at Nationals.

As for Zhou - he has some growing to do as well. Who knows what challenges he will face. Only time will tell for both Chen and Zhou. In 2018 we may see both of them on the Olympic Team - or neither.
Zhou and Edmunds just won their respective events at Gardenia (Zhou just won Novice and Edmunds Junior) in run aways.

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
Polina Edmunds landed a 3Lz-3T and a 3F-3T in her Gardena long with positive GOE! I think she'll be a star next JGP if she carries on improving and keeps her consistency up.