Mao Asada's triple-triple combinations | Golden Skate

Mao Asada's triple-triple combinations

Bartek

On the Ice
Here is a new, updated version of my video with Mao's triple-triples. I've included the combinations from this season and a lot of new footage from warm-ups and practice sessions. I've also increased the quality of the video and generelly tried to use videos with english commentary. The video clearly shows the improvement in Mao's flip technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWz30bLzSdE

Enjoy, share & comment :).

bump

Match Penalty
I'm sorry but she almost never lands those 3-3 combinations cleanly. There's just something about her spins in the air that prevents her from making the full rotation on the second jump.

Cherryy

On the Ice
Oh man, how I wish she had landed this 3F-3L she did in the warmup in the actual worlds freeskate. May she jump it in Sochi!

skatel80

On the Ice
Thank you! I love your triple triple videos :) its so cool to see all of the 3-3s in one place and some of them must be really hard to find like the practice and warm up videos

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Thank you very much! :clap: I hope Mao lands a clean 3-3 as soon as possible, because her 3F+3Lo is so beautiful...

Bartek

On the Ice
I'm sorry but she almost never lands those 3-3 combinations cleanly. There's just something about her spins in the air that prevents her from making the full rotation on the second jump.

Well, most of those from 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 are clean. There were even a few with completely rotated loops which is very hard to do, namely 2007-2008 Japan Nationals SP.

Right now, I'm working on Yu-Na's triple-triples and Mao's triple axels.

shine

Record Breaker
I really don't like how she never really extends her free leg out on her jump landings. Why does she do that?? It makes her landing looks so wimpy and invites all the more scrutiny re: underrotation.