I will never forget seeing . . . . | Golden Skate

I will never forget seeing . . . .

Dragonlady

Final Flight
In referencce to the "I wish I had been there to see" thread, and because so many of us go to live competitions whenever possible, I thought some of us die hard competition travellers would share their amazing moments at live events. I'll start with:

Virtue & Moir's debut performance of the Maher FD at Thornhill Summer Skate. The dance we saw that day was a mere outline of the dance that won the OGM in Vancouver, but it was dazzling and mezmerizing all at once. It took our breath away. And we knew. I looked at my friend and he said "Don't say it, don't jinx it". It wasn't seamless. There were a couple of awkward moments, and the Goose Lift lost the jump dismount, but everyone in the audience was so deeply affected by what we had seen.

After Vancouver ended, Bev Smith wrote an article in the Globe and Mail describing that Sunday afternoon and the extraordinary moment we had all shared watching that dance for the first time. Everyone that I have talked to who was there, had the same response.

bump

Match Penalty
...Nancy Kerrigan's face and her accompanying cries of "WHY???!!!!" after Tonya Harding's lover tried to obliterate her leg. Never forget that.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
locally - "Improv-Ice" in Phila., PA (12/00) We got to see the entire men's practice, about 3 hours before they took the ice. We had no idea what Todd & the other guys had to skate to, but we watched from the boards. Todd had a look on his face that said, "What in the world am I going to do with this music?" Well, 3 hours later, he took the ice & skated to "Who Let the Dogs Out?" No wonder he had that look on his face. We laughed our heads off, but he pulled it off, and was very well received. Thank goodness he didn't have to skate to "Sex Bomb!" (Mike Weiss got that one, :laugh:). This was also a show during which Philippe took off almost everything :eek: :jaw:). Another happy memory & souvenir - SOI in Northern NJ a few seasons back. Todd skated to "Nights in White Satin." My mouth was open, probably because I was in awe of something he did. Well, he did a Russian Split jump right in front of our seats, and a piece of ice landed in my mouth.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
My mouth was open, probably because I was in awe of something he did. Well, he did a Russian Split jump right in front of our seats, and a piece of ice landed in my mouth.
:laugh:
I will never forget seeing Caro's FS at 2010 Nationals, it was the first time that I saw her live, and it was just a magic moment, Afternoon of a Faun creates such an incredible atmosphere... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kny3iCmEKv0