Can Evgeni Plushenko win the 2014 Olympic title? | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Can Evgeni Plushenko win the 2014 Olympic title?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Takahashi is sooooo overrated by his fans for his artistic abilities. There are many better artistic skaters in the history of figure skating.
Don't worry. No on has ever been sooooo overrated by his fans and sooooo overhomologated by ISU for his fs abilities as Patrick Chan! :popcorn:

gmyers

Record Breaker
it's so true that even though his 2002 was totally deserved and unambiguous on every level if plushenko hadn't been competing over ten years after he would probably not be as discussed unless in 2002 Olympic threads, greatest performances threads and favorite skaters threads. Now because of Plushenko he is mentioned in 2014 Olympic threads, European figure skating threads and on and on!! Because where Plushenko is mentioned you always get the people who were like Plushenko was best when he was against yagudin or yagudin continuing from 2002 to 2006 would've made plushenko better! But then what about from 2006 to potentially 2014!! Obviously where Plushenko goes now yagudin follows which is into current threads and not history threads. So it's totally LOL!!

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
His main influence in fs history is being a Plu rival. That's why he always shows up on Plu threads. Otherwise- no one remembers the guy. What a pity. :cry:

No, his influence was from his skating rather than the rival thing. Even SOI in the following season has copied his straightline footwork, which was simple and effective, from him for one of the group numbers.:)

In fact I believe straightline sequence has been created and started by Yagudin's programs.:yes:

Well, because one of the most important period of time for Plushenko has passed by the side of Yagudin. So naturally, people will remember Yagudin whenever we talk about Plushenko's past.

gmyers

Record Breaker
No, his influence was from his skating rather than the rival thing. Even SOI in the following season has copied his straightline footwork, which was simple and effective, from him for one of the group numbers.:)

In fact I believe straightline sequence has been created and started by Yagudin's programs.:yes:

Well, because one of the most important period of time for Plushenko has passed by the side of Yagudin. So naturally, people will remember Yagudin whenever we talk about Plushenko's past.

That period ended in 2002! Plushenko's past involves so much more without Yagudin ever being around. 2002-2006 and 2009-present! So was his rivalry with Joubert so boring? LOL!

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
l

That period ended in 2002! Plushenko's past involves so much more without Yagudin ever being around. 2002-2006 and 2009-present! So was his rivalry with Joubert so boring? LOL!

I don't think Joubert was Plushenko's equal on ice during post Yagudin time. So Plushenko has had no big rival between 2002 and 2006 after Yagudin has retired until they cooked up Evan Lysacek in 2009-10.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I don't think Joubert was Plushenko's equal on ice during post Yagudin time. So Plushenko has had no big rival between 2002 and 2006 after Yagudin has retired until they cooked up Evan Lysacek in 2009-10.

Joubert was more of a real rival than Lysacek. Lysacek is Sandhu. Joubert was there in 2004 worlds and 2004 Europeans and 2005 Europeans and also 2009 Europeans. The fact that Joubert beat Plushenko in 2004 euros and was second to him at worlds and was second to him in 2005 Euros and was second to him in 2009 Euros and almost was a really close competitor means that probably from 2006-2009 if Plushenko stayed in Joubert would have been very problematic for Plushenko and Joubert beat him in euros 2013 SP so it's interesting to speculate for me about Plushenko and Joubert. Joubert Plushenko may be kind of yuna / mao with one being the winner much more than the other but it's still there.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Joubert was more of a real rival than Lysacek. Lysacek is Sandhu.

I agree on this. I was actually forced to recognize Lysacek's high place after 2010 Olympics.:biggrin:

But I still think Joubert was just a chaser after Plushenko eventhough he won over Plushenko in 2003-04 Euro.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Hello, Bluebonnet! :)

Sorry, let's talk is right. "Yag's main influence in fs history is being a Plu rival". :biggrin: :p

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Don't worry. No on has ever been sooooo overrated by his fans and sooooo overhomologated by ISU for his fs abilities as Patrick Chan! :popcorn:
Bluebonnet is joking. Few days ago Bluebonnet said, Dai is the most artistry skater today. :yes:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yagudin was one of the first skaters to really have the total package, with quads included. He's basically the technical ability of Plushenko, but with better artistry/choreography. I loved watching Yagudin skate.. it never felt like he was simply going through a checklist of elements/jumps, and his performances were always pleasant to watch from both a technical and artistic standpoint, and he had excellent musicality. To me, he's the only Olympic champion since '88 to have put together two programs worth watching over and over. I really wish he could have had the ability to continue on. I think he would have blossomed even more under CoP and increased his dominance over the rest of the field.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yagudin was one of the first skaters to really have the total package, with quads included. He's basically the technical ability of Plushenko, but with better artistry/choreography. I loved watching Yagudin skate.. it never felt like he was simply going through a checklist of elements/jumps, and his performances were always pleasant to watch from both a technical and artistic standpoint, and he had excellent musicality. To me, he's the only Olympic champion since '88 to have put together two programs worth watching over and over. I really wish he could have had the ability to continue on. I think he would have blossomed even more under CoP and increased his dominance over the rest of the field.

You are boring CSG! This is your personal opinion, many people have different opinion. How many times do you have to write this for us? I would like to see data from a total number of Yagudin's 6.0.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
You are boring CSG! This is your personal opinion, many people have different opinion. How many times do you have to write this for us? I would like to see data from a total number of Yagudin's 6.0.

You have your opinion, and I've said mine. I was talking about my opinion of Yagudin, which I haven't written in this thread at all (so I don't get why you're saying I'm writing many times thus far). Your personal opinion is that Yagudin's only influence on skating is being Plushenko's rival, which is inaccurate (in my opinion). There was a lot of back and forth wins between them (Yagudin winning the majority of them if he skated clean), but Yagudin's technical and artistic capabilities dominated the entire field.

You talk about 6.0's? How about 6.0's from the 2002 Olympics -- the most important competition between Plushenko and Yagudin -- which Yagudin easily won, and artistically dominated Plushenko... three 6.0's to Plushenko's zero 6.0's.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I agree on this. I was actually forced to recognize Lysacek's high place after 2010 Olympics.:biggrin:

But I still think Joubert was just a chaser after Plushenko eventhough he won over Plushenko in 2003-04 Euro.

Obviously lysacek was world champion which sandhu never was but that was in the post torino Olympics years before Vancouver. So you have that status of lysacek but he was built unduly into a rival when he was not and then he bailed from Torino worlds and then plushenko bailed from torino worlds so there could be no kind of rematch but then its very obvious with the system who would have won but takahashi may have beat them both because he actually left the Vancouver Olympics with some positives! LOL!

I am saying Joubert even as a chaser was more of a rival. I agree he was a chaser but beating Plushenko was in his sights like EUros 2004 or Euros SP in 2005. Joubert could do very well if Plushenko made errors.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Obviously lysacek was world champion which sandhu never was but that was in the post torino Olympics years before Vancouver. So you have that status of lysacek but he was built unduly into a rival when he was not and then he bailed from Torino worlds and then plushenko bailed from torino worlds so there could be no kind of rematch but then its very obvious with the system who would have won but takahashi may have beat them both because he actually left the Vancouver Olympics with some positives! LOL!

I am saying Joubert even as a chaser was more of a rival. I agree he was a chaser but beating Plushenko was in his sights like EUros 2004 or Euros SP in 2005. Joubert could do very well if Plushenko made errors.

I think Joubert's Euro win was well deserved (and it was rare to see Plushenko so off his game). I think, like Lambiel, if he were more consistent, he could have definitely challenged Plushenko because his jumps when he was on were some of the loveliest I've ever seen with a flowing edge on the landing, and his basics were (and still are) lovely. It's unfortunate that with IJS his artistry/choreography diminished and he focused on the jumps (didn't help that he kept doing the same Matrix program, either). It's kind of weird now that his artistic marks are so low, even when he skates relatively clean -- you don't really see PCS marks drop for such a successful skater. Kinda disappointing that he's choosing Gladiator (another manly anthem) as next season's program... but hopefully David Wilson can bring the elegance back in his skating.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Hello, Bluebonnet! :)

Sorry, let's talk is right. "Yag's main influence in fs history is being a Plu rival".

I wasn't expecting a Plushy uber to say anything differently.;) But obviously, you are totally wrong on this one.

Bluebonnet is joking. Few days ago Bluebonnet said, Dai is the most artistry skater today.

You have completely read my post in a wrong way. Where did I say "Dai is the most artistry skater today"?!

The only time I've said close to this meaning about him was this:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...-a-campy-sport&p=732465&highlight=#post732465

So I suspect you have taken the idea from my this post. I've said that he was crowned as such. I didn't say and didn't mean to say that it was from me. It was actually from his ubers. If you ask me, I think Takahashi is an artistic skater. But his artistic ability range is quite narrow. He is good at a certain type of artistry and that certain type alone. If any, I think Jeremy Abbott is the most artistic skater in today's competitive skating.

Secondly, the most artistic skater of today doesn't mean the most artistic skater ever. These are two completely different concepts.:p

Yagudin was one of the first skaters to really have the total package, with quads included. He's basically the technical ability of Plushenko, but with better artistry/choreography. I loved watching Yagudin skate.. it never felt like he was simply going through a checklist of elements/jumps, and his performances were always pleasant to watch from both a technical and artistic standpoint, and he had excellent musicality.

So true!:yes:

lilywang

Rinkside
Oh boy, back to Yagudin again? Why oh Why, I only see Yagudin mentioned in a Plushenko thread? Doesn't this guy deserve some LOVE and RESPECT by having a thread, or multiple threads, dedicated to him? Where are those Yagudin fans when you really need them? :eek:hwell:

ciocio

On the Ice
Oh boy, back to Yagudin again? Why oh Why, I only see Yagudin mentioned in a Plushenko thread? Doesn't this guy deserve some LOVE and RESPECT by having a thread, or multiple threads, dedicated to him? Where are those Yagudin fans when you really need them? :eek:hwell:

We are here, ready to worship him ! :biggrin:
Yeah, Yagudin is so respected that his fan fest thread has 14 replies and fans keep talking about him like he were dead: Yagudin was, Yagudin did, etc.:mad::eek: Did you check his videos recently, some of them are very exciting?:popcorn:

We are here, ready to worship him ! :biggrin:
Yeah, Yagudin is so respected that his fan fest thread has 14 replies and fans keep talking about him like he were dead: Yagudin was, Yagudin did, etc.:mad::eek: Did you check his videos recently, some of them are very exciting?:popcorn:

Point me in their direction! I will always love Yagudin.