World Team Trophy 2013 Men | Page 13 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Men

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Also agree Chan is an embarrassment. He's not responsible for his overscoring, but he is responsible for putting out these slipshod programs on the ice. If it was a single competition, we could put it down as a one-off, but this is getting to be a habit. His Fed should be embarrassed as well, though likely they're happy to take his wins and podium finishes any way they can. :disagree: I don't care how good his skating skills are, he can't retire fast enough for me. I'm going to start hating now and avoid the Christmas rush.

Wait, Chan bashers actually have times when they stop hating on him? :laugh: Geez, you act like he's purposely trying to fall.

A really bad skate for Chan, but hopefully he regroups over the summer. Hopefully people will shut it about him winning with multiple falls and gifted placements (he was 5th in the FS) - although I thought Joubert deserved 5th in the FS... I'm not his fan at all, but I feel bad for him that it's pretty apparent the judges aren't going to reward Joubert even with close-to-clean skates.

I actually thought Dai's scores would have been higher, considering he got 168 here but performed way more poorly at the GPF where he got 177 (though his PCS was inflated there -- more than 4 points higher than his FS here). This is a great win for him after such a disappointing Worlds. I hope it helps his confidence. That being said, he still has yet to get his quad back, which will be his major hurdle for next season if he wants to solidify a spot on the Olympic podium.

Such a mercurial season though for the men... all of the top men have had meltdowns at some point or another and great skates at other points in the season. Nobody really "builded" their season. It's really anyone's game at this point.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
We get your point. Can you please stop now?
That's odd. I am not talking to myself. I am talking to one of Chan defenders. Why are you, your royal We, asking me to stop and not him?
Yeah, and had Takahashi won Worlds in 2012 instead of Chan as people have suggested, then he would have done it with a serious error (I consider a downgrade as a serious error) in his SP. And then they'd both have 1 World title with a serious error. :p
No one cares what you or the current stupid system considers. Chan was boo-ed in Nice. And if Dai had won Worlds-2012, he wouldn't have been. :p

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Patricks points are just. His quad was clean, yes he fell but you receive a whole 4 points more doing a 4t fall than a 4t<<. Then received 2 points higher in components which he deserves in skating skills alone. Im sure ill get hate for this, but when you look at the protocol you see why he is ahead.

I see, I agree, we will both be flogged, beaten and tortured.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Chan needs to go away.

He'll definitely go away. But he'll go away whenever he wants to, no matter how many temper tantrums you throw.;)

With 3 Falls, and an overall implosion on the ice, Chan had: #1 SS, #2 TR, #3 PE, #1 CH, #2 IN

3 falls, yes. Complete meltdown after the last fall in step sequence, yes. There was no "overall implosion on ice" as you said.

It has appeared that sorting numbers is quite hard for some people.:p ...I'll give you more reason to rant by stating the facts;):

In this group of skaters, only Takahashi and Abbott could compete with Chan in PCS. So let's see this way:

Takahashi.....SS#2, TR#2, PE#1, CH#2, IN#1

Chan............SS#1, TR#1, PE#3, CH#1, IN#3

Abbott..........SS#3, TR#3, PE#2, CH#3, IN#2

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hmm their seems to be more "hatred' on this page than love. You know Parick was horrible well with the falls; stil like his program -not the music but the way he skates. I am trying to be fair; I love Dai - he has the flow. But I am wondering really if he has a quad. Oh my I feel for Menshov that was horrible. What he should have done is stayed on the ice moved his skates a bit and he would have gotten points for Russia. I know how mean but reall if he could bear the pain a few minutes he might be dead last but he would geta point. Mind you it is just a point so it might not e a huge help. Two quads impressive still. Ihope he is okay. Patrick needs a coach; go crawling back to Krall. He needs to be in the hihgh altitude to get his stamina. This boy is killing his chances - almost like the LIndsay Lohan of skating or Amanda Bynes -out of control and what in the name of lust? or Love? (they get so confused)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
That's odd. I am not talking to myself. I am talking to one of Chan defenders. Why are you, your royal We, asking me to stop and not him?
No one cares what you or the current stupid system considers. Chan was boo-ed in Nice. And if Dai had won Worlds-2012, he wouldn't have been. :p

I think you're being asked to stop because it's obvious that you will bash Chan no matter how well or how poorly he did. Daisuke doesn't fall as much as Chan but he still makes costly errors, including URs and downgrades. He still made 4 errors over the course of his two programs here, and most of his spin/footwork elements were level 3's, so it's not like he had the cleanest victory himself. But he certainly deserved the win. In Nice, people just saw that Patrick fell on a 2A, without taking into account his two quads making up for it and Daisuke's downgraded 4T-3T<< in the SP or Daisuke's UR'ed 3F in the FS.

And Chan may have been booed in Nice, but the records will always show that he won Worlds that year, and arguably, when you look at Dai's deductions, Chan should have won. No matter how much you hate the stupid system, the records will also show Chan has 3 World titles, and thus far, the highest ever Total Score. :p

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN) - 249.52 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
2. Patrick CHAN (CAN) - 240.21 Free Skate
3. Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN) - 237.65 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
4. Max AARON (USA) - 236.62 Free Skate
5. Takahito MURA (JPN) - 233.68 Free Skate
6. Jeremy ABBOTT (USA) - 231.84 Free Skate
7. Brian JOUBERT (FRA) - 227.95 Free Skate
8. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 221.79 Free Skate
9. Han YAN (CHN) - 207.81 Free Skate
10. Yi WANG (CHN) - 183.57 Free Skate
11. Romain PONSART (FRA) - 165.59 Free Skate
WD. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS)

mikeko666

Final Flight
This performance is the main reason I think World Team trophy, at this point in the year is an unnecessary risk for the skaters. Most are mentally and physically exhausted from a long season. They're being exploited. Their respective FED's should have the final say in who goes, it's really not worth it. Prime example today, Menshov.

Menshov didn't go to Worlds, and he actually wanted to participate this event. I feel so sorry for him. :cry: I really liked his FS and he was giving a very good performance until the nasty fall.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Hmm their seems to be more "hatred' on this page than love. You know Parick was horrible well with the falls; stil like his program -not the music but the way he skates. I am trying to be fair; I love Dai - he has the flow. But I am wondering really if he has a quad. Oh my I feel for Menshov that was horrible. What he should have done is stayed on the ice moved his skates a bit and he would have gotten points for Russia. I know how mean but reall if he could bear the pain a few minutes he might be dead last but he would geta point. Mind you it is just a point so it might not e a huge help. Two quads impressive still. Ihope he is okay. Patrick needs a coach; go crawling back to Krall. He needs to be in the hihgh altitude to get his stamina. This boy is killing his chances - almost like the LIndsay Lohan of skating or Amanda Bynes -out of control and what in the name of lust? or Love? (they get so confused)

I feel bad for Menshov too, but it's kind of like a "Screw you, Russian federation. I'm going to come 3rd in a flawless SP to show you how mistaken you were to deny me going to Worlds, and because of withdrawing in my FS you don't get any points". :party2: Good for him to take care of himself, when I'm sure his Federation would have rather he risked further injury just so they get the points.

It's not like he will make it to Sochi anyways and this certainly sealed it.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Poor Patrick..
No, he was mad when he finished but got a wide smile when he saw the score- "I am still the best. Almost." I am sure if it were not WTT and not in Japan, PChan might have won. Pretty much the same scenario happened in the Canadian London.

MENSHOV! :cry::cry: What a great reminder of how dangerous this sport can be. Skaters who risk their health daily every time when they step on the ice, do deserve at least to be rewarded fairly by the fair judgement. What shameful days for fs are now. I can't take seriously anything about Chan anymore or anyone who wishes to defend him. I can pity "Poor Patrick". I can't accept. Sorry, plushyfan. I know you were sarcastic. ;)

Congrats to Daisuke!!! He did perfect trixels in a warm-up, probably that accident with Menshov could affect his performance, somehow, because he had to show up earlier. They gave him the extra time though. In a warm-up he landed two rotated quads, one- the second toe touched the ice, another one- one hand on the ice. Anyway, he could pull it and was so happy. I don't need to say anything about the performance and the attitude at all. He is a religion here. :love::love:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I think you're being asked to stop because it's obvious that you will bash Chan no matter how well or how poorly he did.
I think you are not being asked because it's obvious that you will defend Chan no matter how poorly he did. It's aslo obvious that the ask-er was a Chan defender as well.
And Chan may have been booed in Nice, but the records will always show that he won Worlds that year
No, sweetheart, here you are entirely wrong. The only record that will always show is that Chan was booed in Nice. Who remembers now that S/P are OGMedalists in SLC. Everyone remembers that they are the hugest scandal in this sport resulted in CoP. :p

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I'm beginning to believe that those Chan bashers just love to be in and to experience the rush of the angry feelings.:rofl: If anybody has determined to be angry, let them! It's their lives anyways.

Congratulations to Takahashi! Poor Patrick! I just wish he could dump Kathy Johnson. But it seems it's impossible. Oh, well, be it!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm beginning to believe that those Chan bashers just love to be in and to experience the rush of the angry feelings.:rofl: If anybody has determined to be angry, let them! It's their lives anyways.Congratulations to Takahashi! Poor Patrick! I just wish he could dump Kathy Johnson. But it seems it's impossible. Oh, well, be it!

It's kind of hilarious (if not pathetic) and this will go on... because Patrick, like the rest of the guys, will continue to make errors but still get higher results because of how superior a skater he is. Their hatred of him makes them adamantly refuse to acknowledge his skating ability, his generally higher base value/GOE, and the fact that he rotates most of his jumps.

I agree that many errors shouldn't win (like Chan's Worlds 2013) and the system is wrong for that, but the reality is, his good skating still places him high or is even enough to win (especially considering the field makes errors, too), if anything the schadenfreude at seeing how mad they get is probably most satisfying. :laugh:

(And yes, he needs to dump Kathy Johnson.)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
As of this LP:

I think Takahashi, Chan, and Abbott's placement in PCS were reasonable (see my post #244). Takahashi lacked of transitions between big jumps, also with both his arms dangled. He jumped out of his character each time and got back into it after. It's a little disturbing in CH wise. Chan's transitions were sophisticated and beautiful. Chan's CH was also the best. There was no dispute on his SS.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think you are not being asked because it's obvious that you will defend Chan no matter how poorly he did. It's aslo obvious that the ask-er was a Chan defender as well.

No, sweetheart, here you are entirely wrong. The only record that will always show is that Chan was booed in Nice. Who remembers now that S/P are OGMedalists in SLC. Everyone remembers that they are the hugest scandal in this sport resulted in CoP. :p

Actually, sweetheart, I haven't defended him when he does poorly and wins (assuming the other guys skate well enough). I've stated that he didn't deserve to win 2013 Worlds, and have said he rightfully deserved not to win here (and said 5th in the FS was appropriate for him).

Years from now, nobody will remember that some of the crowd booed Chan in Nice. But until the end of time, the records will always show he won 5 World medals and 3 World Championships in a row -- and, for now, Chan still has the World Records for highest SP score, highest FS score, and highest Total Score overall. :clap: Deal with it. :p

And I think everyone remembers S/P as gold medalists from SLC... in fact, they were the Denis Ten of that FS... went clean but still came 2nd to a flawed FS by B/S.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Years from now, nobody will remember that some of the crowd booed Chan in Nice. But until the end of time, the records will always show he won 3 World Championships in a row
Time set- the time when your post was posted. Since now no one will ever remember that Chan was booed in Nice and that he won two Worlds titles in the row that he didn't deserve. Yes, no one will ever mention it. Check up later. :biggrin:
It's kind of hilarious (if not pathetic) and this will go on... because Patrick, like the rest of the guys, will continue to make errors but still get higher results because of how superior a skater he is. Their hatred of him makes them adamantly refuse to acknowledge his skating ability, his generally higher base value/GOE, and the fact that he rotates most of his jumps.
I too can type. Chan is not a superior skater in the field, there are others who are of a better quality. But the Chan defenders's love of him makes them adamantly refuse to acknowledge other skaters' skating ability, their general higher base value/GOE, and the fact that they don't butt most of their jumps/spins. It's kind of hilarious (if not pathetic) and this will go on...

:laugh:

Matilda

Medalist
This is what bothers me: the majority of judges gave Patrick 8.75 for transitions, despite several falls. When a jump after a difficult transition ends with a fall, that suggests to me that that the skater did not execute the transition successfully. I know many things can go wrong with a jump, but isn't the point of "difficult transitions" precisely that the skater can include the transition and still execute the planned jump?

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
For me what I don't accept, in Patrick performance is that 3 judges give +1 at this awful 3T. Seriously this was a kind of triple toe that a Novice men skater who could have did cause of bad technic and save the jump by chance. It is absolutely ridiculous this 3T would have deserve 0 or -1... :rolleye:

glam

On the Ice
For me what I don't accept, in Patrick performance is that 3 judges give +1 at this awful 3T. Seriously this was a kind of triple toe that a Novice men skater who could have did cause of bad technic and save the jump by chance. It is absolutely ridiculous this 3T would have deserve 0 or -1... :rolleye:

Maybe they gave +1 because there was difficult transitions before and after that jump? It seems like the transitions are all that matter nowadays. :disapp: