World Team Trophy 2013 Men | Page 6 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Men

glam

On the Ice
If Brian lost the technical score to Kevin, then either the system is wrong or the system is not being used correctly. I don't care how the protocol will explain this, it's just wrong IMO.

Yes, it's totally wrong that someone with a fall and missing combo can be ahead of someone with a clean quad and a combo in technical score. The system needs to change. And I can't even start about Chan...

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Daisuke was underscored in the PCS department IMO.

Takahashi's TES was in 9th place out of total 12 skaters, while his PCS was in 2nd place. What more do you want?!:rolleye:

And if we take into consideration how everyone skated without any kind of reputation points, I would have 1. Konstantin, 2. Daisuke, 3. Max Aaron. Jumps are not everything but when you miss 2 out of 3 jumping passes in the SP it should be bad. I am sure Patrick got more points in his rotated 4T with a fall than Daisuke's 2footed UR'd 4T. And to me, this is wrong. At least Dai stayed on his feet

Takahashi's 4T was not a quad. It was downgraded which means that he didn't have a quad. That was a whole different concept. 4T=10.30, but 3T=4.10.

Moment

Final Flight
Waiting for better performances in the free skates. Oh and there was nothing wrong with the judging.

What was wrong with the judging is that the protocols say that Chan skated well. But in reality he skated badly.

You can fool some of the people some of the time...

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Patrick CHAN (CAN) - 86.67 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN) - 80.87 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) - 80.60 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Jeremy ABBOTT (USA) - 80.24 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Takahito MURA (JPN) - 77.65 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Max AARON (USA) - 77.38 Short Program
7. Maxim KOVTUN (RUS) - 76.67 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Brian JOUBERT (FRA) - 76.55 Short Program
9. Kevin REYNOLDS (CAN) - 73.52 Short Program
10. Han YAN (CHN) - 64.54 Short Program
11. Yi WANG (CHN) - 58.30 Short Program
12. Romain PONSART (FRA) - 57.39 Short Program

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I just want to say one thing: menshov deserved first place, no doubt...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Menshov just gave a noe to his Federation
poor Kovtun was overhyped and should be dumped ala Gachinski

80sskatergirl

Rinkside
There is no other man in this sport that can score an 86 with 2 JUMPING PASSES FLAWED in their short program. I appreciate Chan's high program component scores, and those should never be anything but amazing, but why his technical scores are not affected in this case is unexplainable. I can't understand how the other men in this sport can even feel they have a shot when Chan can pretty much botch every jump and still be in first...rediculous.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
This is a sport which makes money from skating fans who pay a ticket to see the skaters live. This kind of judging will eventually kill the sport. No one wants to pay money and see this kind of results. I can read a protocol and still think Chan's score is ridiculous. GOE are being given like candy to some while others get no love from the judges. Let's say Patrick would have landed the 4T-3T Menshov did. I am 100% sure the GOE would have been mostly 3. I can see Kevin didn't get a single Ur and yet it was pristine clear his 4S was not fully rotated for instance. On the other hand, Daisuke was not given the benefit of the doubt on his 4T which received <<. The protocol is a lame way to try to explain some of the bad judging

And that is what is wrong with this scoring system. Patrick is ahead because of what is on the protocols, not because of what he did on the ice.:cry:
There were three people chatting in the row in front of me, a man and two women, Mao supporters. While Mao finished and everyone was waiting for her score, the lady kept repeating "Chan.. nandaro, Chan nan da ro..." First, I didn't get why they were talking about Chan if Ladies event was going on. Then I heard that they were saying that Mao won't be in the lead now because she fell and made mistakes. So, they were asking why it happened that Chan is in the lead if he fell too and made mistakes as well. The point is every skater gets punished for mistakes: Mao, Dai, even Plu who is shining like an iconostasis with all his regalia, goes off the podium when he makes mistakes/falls. EVERYONE. Except Chan. Those casual fans probably can't name all fs elements correctly, and hardly bother to look at stupid protocols. And they shouldn't. Protocols in all sport are for knowing the details, while the result itself should be comprehensive and acceptable by public without looking at papers. That is not happening in fs. If even in Japan, which is the fandom and a cash flow for ISU, casual fans refused to accept what is going on, than Don Ottavio should step out if he clearly doesn't get anything. Chan would have retired if he were less masochist. Seems like he is truly enjoying the fs community's reaction on what is going on around his name: "I know what you are all saying but you are just French. I will be always on the top. :p" With no shame at all. None whatsoever.

Menshov should be in the lead now, slightly ahead of Dai and Abbot.

Disgusting judging.:disapp:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
There is no other man in this sport that can score an 86 with ALL 3 JUMPING PASSES FLAWED in their short program. I appreciate Chan's high program component scores, and those should never be anything but amazing, but why his technical scores are not affected in this case is unexplainable. I can't understand how the other men in this sport can even feel they have a shot when Chan can pretty much botch every jump and still be in first...rediculous.
I agree that Chan doesn't deserve 86, but his 3-3 was perfect...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Chan is like a disease in this CoP, until there is Chan the judging is associated with corruption.
I always pretend Chanflated Fraud is not on list and not included in the results, why consider a joke ? :confused:

If anything the score of 86 pts tells me he was sloppy.

True. If Patrick had not fallen on the quad and stepped out of the triple Axel they would have given him 96 instead of 86.

...I love protocols!:yes:

But here's the thing. This is the You Tube age. The ISU cannot continue forever to smirk and wink and tell fans to "love the protocols." In addition to loving the protocols, people also love their own eyes. The protocols say Chan skated great. The video shows him on his butt. Protocols, great. Video, butt. Which are you going to go with?

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
There is no other man in this sport that can score an 86 with ALL 3 JUMPING PASSES FLAWED in their short program. I appreciate Chan's high program component scores, and those should never be anything but amazing, but why his technical scores are not affected in this case is unexplainable. I can't understand how the other men in this sport can even feel they have a shot when Chan can pretty much botch every jump and still be in first...rediculous.

If anything, you should feel ashamed by saying this. It showed that the people like you just enjoyed bashing a certain skater without even hide a little bit your bias. Have you watched?!:rolleye:

glam

On the Ice
Those casual fans probably can't name all fs elements correctly, and hardly bother to look at stupid protocols. And they shouldn't. Protocols in all sport are for knowing the details, while the result itself should be comprehensive and acceptable by public without looking at papers.

Exactly! And it's not just the casual fans, it's also us HC fans who often need to look at the protocols in order to understand the result. This is very frustrating! I wish we could come up with a some sort of message/idea how to get our voices hear to the ISU. Things need to change.