World Team Trophy 2013 Men | Page 8 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Men

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
But I do not go along with the view that we must hold back from criticizing the rules just because they are the rules. The fact that rules are rules does not make them good rules, just like the fact that someone is king does not make hum a good king.

I agree on this. But the current rules, whether it's the dummiest or not, were the rules. According to them, that was the result. A few simple tweaks on the current rules, it'll be quite desirable to me. I support change. Wonder why there is no one creating a petition with new suggestions for the rules for people to sign on?

Wonder why there is no one creating a petition with new suggestions for the rules for people to sign on?

It's tricky. I have some ideas about what a new set of rules ought to try to accomplish, but I do not know how to draw up the details that would get us from here to there. It seems like the ISU technical committee ought to be able to do it on their own, without me throwing in my two cents worth.

To me, the first step is to get the ISU to see that there is a problem. So far, there is no indication that this is the case, no matter how much we scream and holler after every event.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
:laugh: Not required. People simply don't or won't go to arenas.

I'm quite confident that you will go to next event whenever and wherever it's possible, even though you've known before the event that you'll be mad and crazily hate the outcome of the event to death.:laugh:

glam

On the Ice
To me, the first step is to get the ISU to see that there is a problem. So far, there is no indication that this is the case, no matter how much we scream and holler after every event.

Exactly. That's because the people working for ISU are 100 year olds who have no idea what the fans and the casual viewers think because they don't use Internet :biggrin:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I'm quite confident that you will go to next event whenever and wherever it's possible, even though you've known before the event that you'll be mad and crazily hate the outcome of the event to death.:laugh:
I will. If my favourites (Plu, Dai, Mao) are on the cast.

Am I people? I am! If you got my drift.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I will. If my favourites (Plu, Dai, Mao) are on the cast.

Am I people? I am! If you got my drift.

You just wanted to prove that people will not come if the outcome of this sport does not go their way. I want to say that your theory is wrong.

ciocio

On the Ice
With all the respect, but if FS is very popular in Japan/Canada/USA/Russia it means local skaters should always win because that's the only way people would pay to watch the competitions? :confused:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well I see that the Men's thread is going full tilt with the bickering again. There is no need to get personal here.
Folks can disagree about a subject and discuss it without being petty and dissing skaters or other posters.

For some reason I thought that this competition would be fun for everyone here no matter who your favorites are.
Look at the skaters they are having a party. Lets forget about the judging for awhile and enjoy the skating and
be Happy. Well that is my 2 cents worth.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I think he would drop the 3A and maybe the quad, too. He could do 2A and get +3 goe's and still win.

Drop 4T and win? That's impossible. But drop 3A sometimes, but not in the planning without 3A, is possible. Then people will scream how important 3A is. So the skater without 3A should not win any competition. The rule has to change to make 3A a mandatory element in LP as well... blah, blah, ... You see, the skating world seems turning around Patrick Chan. Not that Patrick asked for it. You people just gave this center attention to him.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
With all the respect, but if FS is very popular in Japan/Canada/USA/Russia it means local skaters should always win because that's the only way people would pay to watch the competitions? :confused:

Plush is not Japanese. Yet he is a ticket seller here. :p

let`s talk

Match Penalty
You just wanted to prove that people will not come if the outcome of this sport does not go their way. I want to say that your theory is wrong.

You can say. Who cares. Fans are off from the arenas in NA. Sooner or later it will be the same in other parts of the world if the things in judging won't change. People's way is when they enjoy the event and accept the result is FAIR and not a cooked one.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
You can say. Who cares. Fans are off from the arenas in NA. Sooner or later it will be the same in other parts of the world if the things in judging won't change. People's way is when they enjoy the event and accept the result is FAIR and not a cooked one.

NA's situation is quite complicated. A judging system change cannot revive or alter it. You just made a cultural drifting into too simple a case. If NA public accepted slippers and shorts in shopping malls and restaurants, like now, figure skating could no way be revived unless it goes modern. But as I've said before, I believe it will not die. So learn to accept it.

Sorry to be OT.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
NA's situation is quite complicated. A judging system change cannot revive or alter it. You just made a cultural drifting into too simple a case. I'll say this: If NA public accepted slippers and shorts in shopping malls and restaurants, like now, figure skating could no way be revived unless it's go modern. But as I've said before, I believe it won't die. So learn to accept it.

Sorry to be OT.
I see. So, the reason of empty arenas in NA is because folks there are not fashionable and sophisticated enough to comprehend such an artistic sport as figure skating. Gotcha. I'll let Americans to reply on your rant.

Leonardo

Final Flight
You think I'll defend Chan to death like you do to Takahashi?!:laugh:

I only give the due to where it's due according to what I believe it's right. No more, no less. If according to the rules, Chan loses, be it. Unlike some Chan haters who bashed Chan's last place finish as if it was still not good enough at Japan Open. Please tell me, why does anyone like to stay in a place where every single time would guarantee to make them go mad till their faces turn blue?!:confused:

I don't defend Takahashi to death. Actually, Takahashi has been really bad since Japanese Nationals, and getting much lower placements accordingly to his performances (6th or lower). Chan, on the other hand, messes up time after time and still gets 1st.

You mentioned some petition to change the rules. Rules don't really matter when you don't have fair judging. Patrick wins not only because of the rules, he also wins because of the fake judging. Almost 9.00 for all pcs with a fall and a big mistake (disruptive mistakes) on a SHORT program, skated with no emotions or inspiration? Do you seriously think that's fair?
There's a petition going on to give D. Ten the gold medal he deserved, btw.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Lame attempt to pretend that you don't get what people have been saying about Chan's PCS- they shouldn't be that high in the first place. He is an electronic toy whose battery needed to be recharged. The difference in PCS between Chan and Dai/Abbot must be big and not in the favour of Chan, even if he skated clean.

What are you talking about? I just said that I thought Chan's PCS were rather high. And the difference in Chan's score was less than 2 points more than Takahashi (who downgraded his quad and messed up his combo), and less than 3 points more than Abbott (who fell and had no quad).

Mao, Dai, even Plu who is shining like an iconostasis with all his regalia, goes off the podium when he makes mistakes/falls. EVERYONE. Except Chan.

You mean Mao Asada who won NHK Trophy with a FS that had only 3 triples (thanks to 3L->2L, 3Z->2Z, 3F->2F, 3S->1S), and a bronze at Worlds with no clean triple in her SP, and a 3A step-out, a flutz, and an UR flip with turnout in her FS?

You mean Daisuke who won the GPF with a FS that had a 3A with a turnout, a 3A with a hand-down, and a fall?

You mean Plushenko who hasn't been off a podium in years, except for the last Japan Open (where he messed up his first quad, singled a triple axel, doubled a salchow, and fell on a 2A).

Leonardo

Final Flight
Forget about that stupid one! Even a lot of Chan's normal haters denounced it.

You should start to differentiate "Chan haters" from almost everybody who felt that Patrick was overscored and won an unfair gold medal. (Commentators, public, most of the fans, media, experts, other skaters, etc)
And again, I ask you about Chan's sp today: Almost 9.00 for all pcs with a fall and a big mistake (disruptive mistakes) on a SHORT program, skated with no emotions or inspiration? Do you seriously think that's fair?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
You mean Daisuke who won the GPF with a FS that had a 3A with a turnout, a 3A with a hand-down, and a fall?

You mean Plushenko who hasn't been off a podium in years, except for the last Japan Open (where he messed up his first quad, singled a triple axel, doubled a salchow, and fell on a 2A).
Who should have won GPF?

When Plu should have been off the podium due to his Chan-like skating in years but he wasn't?

Keep your posts constructve if your please.