World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies | Page 18 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 199.58 Free Skate
2. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 188.60
3. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 188.03
4. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 183.10 Free Skate
5. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 177.36 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Zijun LI (CHN) - 171.50 Free Skate
7. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 164.85
8. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 159.71 Free Skate
9. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 155.49
10. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 152.16 Free Skate
11. Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN) - 140.82
12. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 121.80 Free Skate

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think that Akiko, Ashley and Gracie were reall great and also enjoyed the skating of the Chinese ladies very much. I wonder what Mao should do..., problems with 3 axel and other jumps as well. Should she leave the 3 axel out and start practising all the other jumps to get them all working and to have a strong triple-triple combination?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley had to have been aware of all the falls and URs ahead of her, and she wisely decided to forgo the 2a+3t which got dinged at Worlds. It turned out to be the right decision at the time.
Suzuki had the skate of the season, but she was overscored---a little home ice advantage which perhaps she deserved after NHK.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think NHK was the best performance of her long. WTT is second. She didn't even need the boost the judges gave her here to win, which makes the scoring even weirder.

christinaskater

Medalist
Ashley had to have been aware of all the falls and URs ahead of her, and she wisely decided to forgo the 2a+3t which got dinged at Worlds. It turned out to be the right decision at the time.
Suzuki had the skate of the season, but she was overscored---a little home ice advantage which perhaps she deserved after NHK.

It is like Yu-Na's score at Worlds. This skater deserves it though. Phenomenal artiste and exquisite skater overall. REDEMPTION FOR AKIKO!!!!!

christinaskater

Medalist
I was very impressed with Ashley and Gracie today. I think the US has finally gotten back its 1-2 punch threat with
these two ladies. :yes:

Akiko must be thrilled with her performances I know that I am. She really rocked both the SP & LP, well done!

I loved how fierce she was with her SP! Her delivery was sensational! Back in Worlds, I think the pressure got into her. I am glad she delivered during the end of the season with 2 gorgeous performances.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
That was a very strange << call for Mao's 3Axel in the SP. I'll have to see another video, but it looked like she got the rotation to me? Her upper body was off in the air and came down sideways, that was the problem. Her feet were around on the jump.

mary01

Final Flight
That was a very strange << call for Mao's 3Axel in the SP. I'll have to see another video, but it looked like she got the rotation to me? Her upper body was off in the air and came down sideways, that was the problem. Her feet were around on the jump.

glad to know i'm not the only one who noticed that, because that call was really strange

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In the SP, she didn't get all the way around before she fell. Sorry, NOT rotated.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Checked out the video. If she had gotten all the way around, she would have fallen on her side. She fell on her stomach.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Actually I just saw the longer SP video with the 3A replay around 4:25 ... It was definitely a downgrade to me. Her whole blade was on the ice and beyond 1/2 a rotation.